sreg

Performance?

Hi there. I really need to get a performance boost in DayZ. I don't have a very good computer, but many games that I have been told "You will not be able to play this, buy a new computer!" I was able to play completely fine. Some ideas I've had...

- DirectX 8 mode?

- Modifications

- Lower polycount (using long range models up close)

- Lower resolution (to a degree, you need eyes in DayZ lol)

- Anything else oh my god please help me oh my

To clarify, I am completely fine with my characters looking like THIS.

arma2oa2010082919154592.jpg

PLEASE HELP

BRING A TOWEL

Edited by Exoquatic

DayZ fucking rapes even the best of computers. Nobody runs this game 60 frames a second. Good luck if you can barely run other games.

DayZ fucking rapes even the best of computers. Nobody runs this game 60 frames a second. Good luck if you can barely run other games.

I can run anything on the Source Engine at 30-60 fps stable. Who said I can barely run other games?

Hi there. I really need to get a performance boost in DayZ. I don't have a very good computer, but many games that I have been told "You will not be able to play this, buy a new computer!" I was able to play completely fine. Some ideas I've had...

The thing about any BIS game is that they're extremely resource-hungry while not doing much. Sadly they're not the best optimised games and they've always been struggling. I myself have massive problems with ARMA 3 to start with, even though I have a (what I would consider) very good computer. Thing is that I am running AMD on both CPU and GPU, which BIS-games always struggle with.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with it, as it's going to be next to unplayable, especially as this very early state.

The thing about any BIS game is that they're extremely resource-hungry while not doing much. Sadly they're not the best optimised games and they've always been struggling. I myself have massive problems with ARMA 3 to start with, even though I have a (what I would consider) very good computer. Thing is that I am running AMD on both CPU and GPU, which BIS-games always struggle with.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with it, as it's going to be next to unplayable, especially as this very early state.

I can play the game, I just need better performance. At this point, being in a city is unplayable. At Factory (the only place I ever spawn FUCK) I get around 12-15 fps.

Edited by Exoquatic

I can run anything on the Source Engine at 30-60 fps stable. Who said I can barely run other games?

30-60 is quite fine, which source engine anyway, which setting? I could get up to 100 fps on my 10yo computer back then. As mentioned in post #2 and #4 you need something bigger to be able to play the game, it's not your average "works on consoles" engine.

I could also run EF2000 on my 486SX16...with like 1 frame every 30 seconds...

I can play the game, I just need better performance. At this point, being in a city is unplayable. At Factory (the only place I ever spawn FUCK) I get around 12-15 fps.

tbh...you can't expect to be able to play everything on a calculator.

And read my signature.

Edited by Enforcer

30-60 is quite fine, which source engine anyway, which setting? I could get up to 100 fps on my 10yo computer back then. As mentioned in post #2 and #4 you need something bigger to be able to play the game, it's not your average "works on consoles" engine.

I could also run EF2000 on my 486SX16...with like 1 frame every 30 seconds...

tbh...you can't expect to be able to play everything on a calculator.

And read my signature.

Okay, so? What about your signature? Your signature proves nothing. Infact, it supports what I am saying.

I do not care how bad the game looks. I just want a steady 30fps.

Also, THE Source Engine. Like, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Counter-Strike 2, Day of Defeat 2, Ricochet 2, DayZ 2, Call of Duty Ghosts 2, Halo 2, Hitman 2, Civilization 2, Thief 2, Rust 2, and Farming Simulator 2.

- DirectX 8 mode?

- Modifications

- Lower polycount (using long range models up close)

- Lower resolution (to a degree, you need eyes in DayZ lol)

- Anything else oh my god please help me oh my

PLEASE HELP

BRING A TOWEL

Did you try the tips in this video?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180601-in-depth-fps-increase-guide/?hl=%2Bincrease+%2Bfps

I have tried a few of those, but I haven't experimented with -winxp.

I am assuming you already have all graphics setting turned to low, no bloom, low shadows, los clouds, no-antialiasing, no post-processing and so on?

Did you change your .cfg settings so no frames get pre-rendered? All these things gave me about 8 fps more, towns are hardest on my system and I drop to about 25 fps.

I am assuming you already have all graphics setting turned to low, no bloom, low shadows, los clouds, no-antialiasing, no post-processing and so on?

Did you change your .cfg settings so no frames get pre-rendered? All these things gave me about 8 fps more, towns are hardest on my system and I drop to about 25 fps.

No frames? I have both of the settings set to 1 instead of 0... should I change that?

Okay, so? What about your signature? Your signature proves nothing. Infact, it supports what I am saying.

Also, THE Source Engine. Like, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Counter-Strike 2, Day of Defeat 2, Ricochet 2, DayZ 2, Call of Duty Ghosts 2, Halo 2, Hitman 2, Civilization 2, Thief 2, Rust 2, and Farming Simulator 2.

^This

Sorry but you really are a DAU.

If you already have everything set to the lowest detail possible then there is no helping you whatsoever, so my signature is valid in every case that involves a player wanting to get more fps by trading in details. In your case you can't get any lower because you already have the lowest settings. The only way to get more fps is to decrease the view distance which you can't because it is forced by the mission/server setting.

No frames? I have both of the settings set to 1 instead of 0... should I change that?

in your Dayz.cfg file change:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

in:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

make backup of tour .cfg file to be safe.

in your Dayz.cfg file change:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

in:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

make backup of tour .cfg file to be safe.

Yes, that is what it is set to.

Yes, that is what it is set to.

well in that case I have no more tips for you except getting a better pc :)

The only way to get more fps is to decrease the view distance which you can't because it is forced by the mission/server setting.

But this isn't true... As a test, I set my view distance to 0 and joined a server and I was invisible. So was everything else, but still, it worked.

Right now I don't know the difference between Viewdistance and Objectviewdistance, so my VD is 1000 and my OVD is 3000 I think.

well in that case I have no more tips for you except getting a better pc :)

Where there is a will, there is a way. I will find a way to play this game, and when I do, I will share it with everyone.

If you have tried all of the launch parameters and edited your cfg files it sounds like you have exhausted most of your options. Other than hardware upgrades or some overclocking it sounds like you're at your limit in terms of FPS that you will see in DayZ.

I would not recommend attempting overclocking if you aren't tech or hardware proficient either.

Edited by MartinD

If you're getting 30 - 60 fps on Source engine games, then you might be in trouble. Source is renowned for being able to run on a potato - i.e pretty much any system.

And I'm not sure why you've equated DayZ, Halo and Civ with Source. Or what the '2' denotes. Anyway, I'm nitpicking.

Arma 2 runs pretty badly on most systems; DayZ more so. The recent update also killed my framerate a little bit too as I think there were some updates to the HDR.

Anywho, it sounds like you'll probably need to upgrade your system hardware. There's only so much that changing .cfgs and so on can do before you make the game unplayable simply from making it look bad; even if you do get a good fps you might find that your draw distance is so low that you can't see other players, or that object detail is so low that you can't see small items like bullets on the ground.

And I'm not sure why you've equated DayZ, Halo and Civ with Source. Or what the '2' denotes. Anyway, I'm nitpicking.

When I was writing my list of Source Games, I noticed all of them had the number 2 after them, so I thought it would be funny to...

... nevermind.