Sign in to follow this  
theswedishcathead

Annoying bad quality texture in Chernogorsk [NEED HELP TO GET IT FIXED]

Snice none have actually helped me fix this small very annoying (for me) texture bug i would like to post it on these forums for 

some extra help to get it fixed. even thought some might not notice it. It would mean alot to me if you could check this bug report i have done and maybe tweet it to some of the devs. Also for some reason "Hicks" aka brian hicks" blocked me on twitter for typing some questions and he even replyed to me.

Bug report: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8157

FzLZWSh.jpg

*Note* This texture wasn't this bad before snice a few updates ago they recently got it in the game.

Apologies for the bad picture.

Edited by Henrik115

Snice none have actually helped me fix this small very annoying (for me) texture bug i would like to post it on these forums for 

some extra help to get it fixed. even thought some might not notice it. It would mean alot to me if you could check this bug report i have done and maybe tweet it to some of the devs. Also for some reason "Hicks" aka brian hicks" blocked me on twitter for typing some questions and he even replyed to me.

Bug report: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8157

FzLZWSh.jpg

Your picture is even worse, to be honest. What is that 200x200?

But to be honest: that's Chernarus for you right there. A lot of the textures are toned down, otherwise it would perform even worse than it already does.

Your picture is even worse, to be honest. What is that 200x200?

But to be honest: that's Chernarus for you right there. A lot of the textures are toned down, otherwise it would perform even worse than it already does.

Sorry i should already state this which i will later, this bad texture wasn't even in the game snice a few updates ago they recently just got it in the game for some reason. and to be honest my picture doesn't matter if it is small or big what matters is what you can see. there is no textures toned down at all actually everything else looks just as normal than this texture on the ground near the plane.

Sorry i should already state this which i will later, this bad texture wasn't even in the game snice a few updates ago they recently just got it in the game for some reason. and to be honest my picture doesn't matter if it is small or big what matters is what you can see. there is no textures toned down at all actually everything else looks just as normal than this texture on the ground near the plane.

Uhm, no that ugly texture was there the day the game got released :/

Edited by flygamer1

Uhm, no that ugly texture was there the day the game got released :/

Not as far as i have seen when i first entered chernogorsk and found the plane the texture was much better.

Not as far as i have seen when i first entered chernogorsk and found the plane the texture was much better.

Well it was there. I saw it on dean's stream, when the game was released i went there to show my friend.

I don't understand why that is so annoying for you?

Small things annoy me snice nobody has look into it i need to make my voice heard. Giving it a vote up would be much appreciated!

Since no one is offering you a solution let me chime in with one

Have you verified your game cache?

Have you re-installed?

Try these because it looks like maybe your high res ground textures are corrupted.

Since no one is offering you a solution let me chime in with one

Have you verified your game cache?

Have you re-installed?

Try these because it looks like maybe your high res ground textures are corrupted.

first off these textures are for everybody you can go check for proof it has nothing to so with my game it's a texture which hasn't been spendt on *note* I have everything on highest settings still the same every thing looks good but this road.

first off these textures are for everybody you can go check for proof it has nothing to so with my game it's a texture which hasn't been spendt on *note* I have everything on highest settings still the same every thing looks good but this road.

Files get corrupted, just verify the cache and re install.

This is what it looked like just before sa release. Your angles may vary ;)

2mq7qd5.jpg

Hard to tell how bad it is in your pic as it is so small.

It looks like the game it's loading a LOD texture there, I'll have to check it myself in game but I certainly don't remember seeing it like that, it's quite noticeable in your pic so I tend to think that it is a case of corrupt files, but if it is a dev map problem, it is quite pointless to ask several developers about a texture in a map that is a WIP, if it is a map glitch, don't worry they are not blind and don't insist asking them about this silly details, I've got replies at my most of my questions on Twitter, when I don't get it, it means that what I'm asking is irrelevant at the moment or just plain stupid and, tbh, I prefer they wasting their time with more important stuff than a texture not loading properly, which will be eventually fixed.

P.S.: next time take a better screenshot.

Edited by JonEllisDee

Files get corrupted, just verify the cache and re install.

sorry I you might not of understand what I said these textures HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH My game this texture is for everybody and everybody has it. I have reinstall the game for other reasons and verifyed the cache it has nothing to do with it. It's just the devs fault for not making it a high quality texture just help me by voting up my bug report.

This is what it looked like just before sa release. Your angles may vary ;)

2mq7qd5.jpg

Hard to tell how bad it is in your pic as it is so small.

yes that is what I say just when the release it had good quality texture. I will make a bigger picture verison as soon as I come home. Thank you help me by voting my bug report up.

Definitely going to need a better resolution pic than what you have put up, and what settings are you running ?..also the angle on your shot is never going to look as good as the view i have shown :) If i took my shot from your position mine would look worse. If the game is in any sort of workable state tomorrow i will have a run to Cherno and see what that area looks like for interests sake:)

• Like 1

It looks like the game it's loading a LOD texture there, I'll have to check it myself in game but I certainly don't remember seeing it like that, it's quite noticeable in your pic so I tend to think that it is a case of corrupt files, but if it is a dev map problem, it is quite pointless to ask several developers about a texture in a map that is a WIP, if it is a map glitch, don't worry they are not blind and don't insist asking them about this silly details, I've got replies at my most of my questions on Twitter, when I don't get it, it means that what I'm asking is irrelevant at the moment or just plain stupid and, tbh, I prefer they wasting their time with more important stuff than a texture not loading properly, which will be eventually fixed.

P.S.: next time take a better screenshot.

A better screen shot will come as soon as i come home. It has nothing with corrupt files all my friends have seen this texture before. thought i think they should atleast take notice to small things of course which they do.

Definitely going to need a better resolution pic than what you have put up, and what settings are you running ?..also the angle on your shot is never going to look as good as the view i have shown :) If i took my shot from your position mine would look worse. If the game is in any sort of workable state tomorrow i will have a run to Cherno and see what that area looks like for interests sake:)

Will do thank you for your help this is going to help me even more i will take several screenshots including this area to prove it as nothing with corrupt files to do with. My settings are set to the highest almost in these pictures most of it should be good.

Turns out they already fixed it by this new patch.