Paule2934

Unplayable?

Myself, my brother, and our friend have spent the past couple of hours joining servers, playing for a bit, having it go completely unresponsive for a few minutes, then getting disconnected.  Join new server, wait 300 seconds, repeat process.  Is this unique to us, or is everybody experiencing this?  It makes the game completely unplayable, literally.  Hoping it is just us and the rest of you are carrying along without issue.

• Like 2

i would recommend waiting a few dayz(see what i did there). aparently the latest move to stable caused some major issues

logged in to test the new patch after NOT playing SA for several months..

it's actualy worse now....

lost my character to lag/desync..(not that it matters i guess)

played for about an hour, back to the mod for me..

SA might look pretty, but its got nothing on the mod at this point...

• Like 1

Dear God.  This patch, while cool that it is pissing off cod players..... Is also pissing everyone else off.   Why didnt they wait till it was better instead of making the game worse?

I enjoy the more difficult zombies. A lot.  I do not enjoy spending 90% of the time attempting to join a server... then getting into one and playing for 5 minutes... and then getting "session lost" again.  

Experienced a lot more "session lost" issues, within the last hour or two (first play since update). The first server kept throwing back "session lost" after the first 15 minutes, it did vary though. Found one after that, which kept the session :)

It was happening to my friend and I. My net is horrendous, his however is great. I think it "maybe" to do with the new server/client messages and how it is received now. While it was frustrating, it was most definitely playable.

Other than that, everything feels/looks better than before for me. Fps has raised, character animations and stances feel and look smoother, the zombies are now rising, amongst a whole load of other things.

I got no idea. I'm curious myself actually

At risk of sounding stupid, how does one switch to experimental?

It ain't a stupid question at all.

Step 1) Open Steam

Step 2) Open your Steam Library

Step 3) Right click on DayZ

Step 4) Select Properties

Step 5) In the newly opened window navigate to the top and select BETAS

Step 6) On the drop down menu surrently displaying NONE -Opt out left click on that

Step 7) Select EXPERIMENTAL 

Now the experitmental will begin downloading and you are good to go!

Heads up, make sure in the server browser in the filter you set the host name to Experimental and set ping to 0 (zero) that way you can filter out all the normal servers. Also make sure if you want to play on stable servers again repeat the steps above but changing experiemtnal to NONE - Opt out. Also the experimental hive is different from stable hive so essentially you can have 2 different characters.

EDIT: Let me simplify this some more, you have 4 character save files heres what they look like.

Profile 1 Stable Regular

Profile 2 Stable Hardcore

Profile 3 Experimental Regular

Profile 4 Experimental Hardcore

These are all seperate saves so essentially you can have 4 different saves.

Edited by LeeFriendField

You can try this fix too   (worked for some people).

Try to exit-reopen STEAM. Verify the game cache too    (I had like 105 corrupted files after the update).

After the validation I didn't had any problem to join servers   (hardcore and regular).

To me, the game run smoother than before, a little lag in the first minutes but everything works fine after.

I'm playing in EU servers, I tried to join 6 different servers, no problem at all.  (playing in stable branch).

Hope it can help

• Like 1

Both Stable and Experimental are unplayable for me.

I try to join and get a solid yellow chain when I finally do get in and get 0 FPS.

Most of the time I don't even get in and get stuck at "please wait"

Been on a break from DayZ for the past week...looks like it's gonna last a little longer.

Dear God. This patch, while cool that it is pissing off cod players..... Is also pissing everyone else off. Why didnt they wait till it was better instead of making the game worse?

Because then people would create MORE threads about how Dean isn't updating the game and took the money an ran.

Stable just doesn't work now. I can sometimes get into a server, but that's it. Nothing works and all items just get stuck at "receiving"

As for experimental, from what I can see, there are none atm.

***edit***

Oh, and the 200+ second wait to login after being stuck on a server that doesn't respond is a joke. Log in, can't move, wait 5 minutes, decide to try another server, wait for spawn for 3 minutes, wait 5 more minutes to see game isn't working, etc etc

Edited by candytripn

Restarting my computer seemed to help. Played for the last couple hours without issue. Maybe just restarting steam would have worked, who knows. Anyways, give that a try if ur having this issue. And Thx for the rundown on experimental leefriendfield. I will give it a try sometime soon ;)

If its unplayable swap on over to experiemental servers.

Experimental seems to be just as bad, if not worse. The one time I was able to join a server it was pretty much pure desync. Kinda funny, because I didn't have any issues like this on stable when it first was released. Played for 2 hours with little to no lag/desync.

Edited by solodude23

Experimental seems to be just as bad, if not worse. The one time I was able to join a server it was pretty much pure desync. Kinda funny, because I didn't have any issues like this on stable when it first was released. Played for 2 hours with little to no lag/desync.

and on top of that, there's very few experimental servers.

i was also able to play for some time without any desync problems when the patch came out. this seems to indicate that it is indeed backend problem, since when more players came in, it just got worse. although it's really weird that some people claim they can play without any problems...

Edited by komadose

If you stay in a server for a while it will run perfectly fine. :)

If you stay in a server for a while it will run perfectly fine. :)

for me it went like this 10 hours ago:

massive desync after joining server -> after few minutes it got better and i was able to play -> after sometime (maybe 5-15 minutes) i got "session lost"

and that was the best-case-scenario

Edited by komadose

Funny how its called the "stable branch" when it is the most volatile and unstable shit fest I have ever seen in my life. this should have been fixed within a couple of hours of the release. Dean, get on it.

I join, can't open doors or do anything for a couple minutes. After it stops I've taken 20+ zombie hits and have no health and am bleeding profusely when just moments before all the zombies were standing still and completely unaware of my presence. Having my vest and raincoat as well as all the things in them ruined instantly with no warning is AWESOME. GOTY!

This is ALL on Battleye.

The previous Experimental build (which is now stable) didn't have Battleye and it ran just flipping dandy. This Stable version does have Battleye and is fubar. Do the math.

Edited by Colonel Seven

Just jumped off a couple of different servers from being on both an hour with the new update. I was getting hits from Zeds I couldn't see because of serious lag. I would open a door and it wouldn't open for about 30 seconds that sort of thing. Looks like a few things to iron out on this one so I'll check back from time to time and look for updates. Looks like you are all aware of this by now but thought I'd post it anyways.

Edited by Drewsta