hijacker1987

Someone can tell me why is that funny?

One thing I've learned playing this game is...

everyone is bad. haha

jk. There truly good players and bad players. Even the good ones will "accidentally" kill you in an accidental gun fight.

Once open a time... recently. A guy killed another passerby in cold blood as I watched from a roof top. I wanted to loot the body that he left there by the rail road tracks, so I patiently until the coast was clear. Made my way down the ladder and tip toed around the building. Turned the corner and a guy dress in full yellow rain gear and a gas mask was there. by the time I could pull a weapon out, My screen read "YOU ARE DEAD". After screaming obscene gestures at the rain prepared man, he replied in his prepubescent voice "It's DayZ man, Just killing people". I proceed to convince in he preferred the warmth of a man.

Moral of the story... none. This game is mindless and I love it!

Edited by BMAF

@BMAF     Nah, there's no good or bad.  Ethics and rules were thrown out the window when the shit hit the fan.  It's up to you to make choices that dictate how you play.   I've helped more people than I've killed, but man I've killed way more people than I wanted to. I've shot on sight a few times even.  But I've always tried to save them once they're not a threat. (of course after the bandage is applied, that's when I slap the cuffs on them and unload their weapons.)  If they're on-the-level and relatively cool, we'll feed them, get them hydrated, put some blood in them if applicable, and try to get them on the road to recovery.  I've actually met a few cool people that way.

@nettles No doubt. I've met a few good people in game who have helped me tremendously. I met with them when we online and exchange gear. I always try to help people and end up dead. I know how pissed I used to get when I would die, so I try the peaceful method. Not very successful. Just don't like KOS, I mean if you meet someone and talk and they act stupid and are threating, by all means protect the char you've been running for 20 hours. That's the nature of the beast.

@BMAF   That is why I like to keep my exposure with other players particularly short and sweet.  Be kind, but don't turn your back on a stranger, right?

Is that what you tell yourself whenever you or someone you know shoots somebody without giving them a chance? "They should know better?" "We're teaching them?" You can teach someone a lesson without violence.   Now then, as for the CoD/Battlefield influence, I only bring it up because the ONLY objective to that game (and any other game involving weaponry it seems like) is to kill your opponent.  Players have been brainwashed into thinking that destruction is the only way to play a game like this.  Build your arsenal. Destroy theirs.  Right?

This game is meant to be a survival simulator. I'm not saying that PvP shouldn't have its place.  I'm saying that DayZ shouldn't be an outright goddamned deathmatch.  When loot-hopping countermeasures, hunting, less-than-lethal weaponry, vehicles, and sensible zombie mechanics get worked into the final product we're going to see a lot more teamwork and a little less of this KoS mentality.  

But you have food I need. You have ammo I need. You have a courier bag I need.

Plus, you might shoot me for my stuff.

Killing you eliminates so many variables and since it wasn't named Spoonin N Dayz, players can do what they want, and that includes using rifles for the intended purpose. And since shooting zombies attracts hordes and hordes of them, I can only rationalize using an M4 is to kill other players.

M4 is game. Meant for killing people. Discussion closed.

But you have food I need. You have ammo I need. You have a courier bag I need.

Plus, you might shoot me for my stuff.

Killing you eliminates so many variables and since it wasn't named Spoonin N Dayz, players can do what they want, and that includes using rifles for the intended purpose. And since shooting zombies attracts hordes and hordes of them, I can only rationalize using an M4 is to kill other players.

M4 is game. Meant for killing people. Discussion closed.

1. No I don't.  I don't carry food.  I drink from streams/wells and eat all food I find on the spot.  

2. No I won't.  I don't care about what you have in your backpack. If I shoot you, it's because you shot at me and missed.

3. Sure you can do what you like.  Just be prepared for the consequences.  If you miss, you've just made yourself a target.  Using a weak gun that takes more than half a dozen rounds to kill someone is a terrible idea.

4.  The discussion isn't closed, but it seems you've said your piece. I won't try to change your mind, since the game needs aggressive players.  I would suggest though, if your aim is to kill players with the guns you carry, carry something that's going to cause a little more damage.  I've been hailed by M4 rounds and it just does not stack up to the other rifles I've carried. Barring the Sporter, of course.

Edited by nettles

Good point @nettles

he's exactly what I'm talking about. I guess people are lazy and like to gear up that way. I was with a group one time and a fully gear guy came up and they asked me to be the mediator. I went up to talk to him and they covered me. After a while of talking, he seemed ok. Then he was shot. The group covering me said they didn't like the way he was acting... Then told me to take his stuff that I needed it. I said I felt wrong for taking it cuz he seemed cool. So I took his stuff and went on my merry way.

it was def way easier to do that. But I felt bad for the guy.. Haha

tell thanks that's they did not cuffed you both in some forest, shot your legs, bandaged you, give saline, and let you crowl like larvas to the closest zombie, to die.

Good point @nettles

he's exactly what I'm talking about. I guess people are lazy and like to gear up that way. I was with a group one time and a fully gear guy came up and they asked me to be the mediator. I went up to talk to him and they covered me. After a while of talking, he seemed ok. Then he was shot. The group covering me said they didn't like the way he was acting... Then told me to take his stuff that I needed it. I said I felt wrong for taking it cuz he seemed cool. So I took his stuff and went on my merry way.

it was def way easier to do that. But I felt bad for the guy.. Haha

Yeah, you're right.  Laziness is a pretty big factor in that playstyle, but I think it's got a lot more to do with how kids have been brainwashed by overly-competitive Deathmatch games.  Like, people my age grew up with the Halo series, CoD, and Battlefield wherein the only way to win was kill your opponent, steal their flag, blow up their whatever.   Rarely is it ever "Meet someone, gain their trust, work together to survive as long as possible." 

I like that you said you felt guilty,  That's a pretty human way to feel because you know he probably worked hard not only for his stuff, but also to keep himself alive.  I'd much rather have an ally than a corpse and a shiny new gun or piece of equipment.

Yeah, you're right.  Laziness is a pretty big factor in that playstyle, but I think it's got a lot more to do with how kids have been brainwashed by overly-competitive Deathmatch games.  Like, people my age grew up with the Halo series, CoD, and Battlefield wherein the only way to win was kill your opponent, steal their flag, blow up their whatever.   Rarely is it ever "Meet someone, gain their trust, work together to survive as long as possible." 

I like that you said you felt guilty,  That's a pretty human way to feel because you know he probably worked hard not only for his stuff, but also to keep himself alive.  I'd much rather have an ally than a corpse and a shiny new gun or piece of equipment.

What really makes me laugh about this whole "dayz" scenario is that every one of you ridiculous purists want realism (guns, recoil, bullet drop, more rifles, more handguns) yet, stand back in utter horror when you have a player who opportunistically kills you for your belongings. Its simply staggering. And all you guys wave this banner across the Dayz map how if there was a complete break down of economics, police state, religious state and everything we knew of civilization except weapons, food and clothing, we would all band together and sit in a circle and sing campfire songs.

And killing you for your supplies isn't "lazy"- quite the opposite. I usually track geared players. I prefer the m4 so I usually get up pretty close to them and when the opportunity is right, I strike. Try that game play on a regular server. I assure you, it isn't easy. Its a hell of a lot more involved than opening a door and hoping there's something of value inside.

I know this point will fall on deaf ears because I stated in a while ago and all the whiner babies ignored it, but whats an M4 designed for? An AKM? Whats it purpose right now in the world? Here's a clue: SHOOT PEOPLE.

And I've been shot in the back enough times not to trust people. And since the goal of the game is survival, I do just that, even tho it might require putting a hole in your head to do so. Do I KOS? Not that it matters, but I do not. If I see a threat, I kill. If I see supplies, I kill. If I dont trust someone, I kill. This absurd comment "brainwashed by COD" is just plain dumb. Dayz is about surivival, not running up to geared players and handing out beans to bambis. You wanna play the game that way, UP TO YOU. Just STFU and let me play it the way I want to play.

One more thing (although I know you wont get it)- think of Dayz without PVP. Just think of it as PVZ. I bet 70% of the players wouldn't play anymore. It would be boring, stale- unless the zombies went to World War Z speed, but I dont see that happening. So put on your big boy pants and deal with PVP. Baby tears in a forum isn't going to do anything.

Edited by DirtyscumbagLith
  • Like 4

That kind of behavior can be expected from the children that were raised on games like CoD and Battlefield.  Kids with no sense of permanence, you know? They just want to mess with people, die, re-gear, repeat.  It's gross. This is supposed to be a survival game. I mean, obviously you have to use your noodle and consider that Electro or the other hot zones are just death-traps. There's not even going to be any loot there- all the beans were already eaten by kids who're already dead.  PvP isn't necessarily a bad thing, though- it's what keeps people on edge and makes your heart race when you hear footsteps in a building where you're hiding.  It's just bad when every person on a server has a KoS mentality.  Personally, I'd prefer to be force-drunk bleach and released.   That's the fun kind of PvP because you have the possibility to bounce back.  

Which is why I tried a UK sever today, after I got back up from unconsciousness, the guy patched me up and gave me my baseball back!

Never really happened in US servers

What really makes me laugh about this whole "dayz" scenario is that every one of you ridiculous purists want realism (guns, recoil, bullet drop, more rifles, more handguns) yet, stand back in utter horror when you have a player who opportunistically kills you for your belongings. Its simply staggering. And all you guys wave this banner across the Dayz map how if there was a complete break down of economics, police state, religious state and everything we knew of civilization except weapons, food and clothing, we would all band together and sit in a circle and sing campfire songs...............................

The whole post was spot on, except one thing. People don't kill for supplies on a whole lot of occassions. And I'm not buying the "it's alpha, there's nothing else to do" excuse.Those people can play the mod and just test the SA, can't they? People kill people cause:

1) they are in danger

2) they want their gear (I seriously doubt that most manage not to ruin the gear in the process)

3) they are afraid of everything moving in the game

4) they want to ruin someone else's game just cause they can

Number 4 is the problem for me. And number 3 and number 4 are not experiencing the game in my opinion. People who kill in order to ruin your fun should be hit in the balls. Repeatedly. I know I can't do anything about them, and most of them will probably get bored with the game eventually, but I don't understand people who insult or ruin everybody's time just cause that makes them laugh like Beavis and Butthead. A bunch of people who play DayZ don't have time to play all day, every day. And when such an idiot strips you of everything you've done in the game, you can't help it but to think of his mom and some nasty words.

So they come here and share their frustration.

People who are afraid of everything probably die sooner or later (scratch "later") and they don't really have to say much about anything other than bugged zombies, lack of colors for some items and so on. They're mostly playing on low-pop or empty servers, and once they get all the gear they might even go to a mid-pop server to try and actually play with other people. They die soon, and come here to whine about KoS and bandits.

Now, I don't care how people play, you all payed for the game and you choose the style that fits you. But I don't understand why a huge number of players play this as a DM/TDM. I don't care, but I don't understand it either. They bought a survival game, and they refuse to make the most of it. I'll go out of my way just to avoid one single zombie that ended up inbetween two towns. Not cause I'm not armed, but cause I choose to make the zombie a threat. People lack imagination, and this game demands it. I don't have any friends who want to play DayZ, I want to try out a clan, but don't have a headset at the moment. But I'm having a blast dying all the time cause I walk up to different people and try to interact.with them, or cause I fail when sneaking past a zombie when I could have easily killed it. Since I bought the standalone almost a week ago I've met only 3 people who shot me, or hit me with an axe, or tried to. And one sniper who got me unconscious while I was telling a couple of German guys I was friendly. Ultimately I told them to kill me cause they couldn't help me with the sniper outside, but those 5 minutes with the black screen in front of me was the best interaction I had in a long time in game. It was intense, and nerve-wrecking at a few points, and I sacraficed myself so others get a better chance to survive. I play the game for that, for the interaction and different experiences. People who Kos only have two outcomes - they kill or die. Even if their victim manages to corner them, most of them won't play along with the new situation, but will log out. Where's the fun in that? 

So basically, I don't have a problem with any type of players, to each his own. I just don't understand how you can completely miss the point of something and not being able to appreciate its potential value. That's not just a game problem, I seriously think some of those players miss out on alot of things in life in general. And I think it's sad how we deteriorate - you have the ability to do ANYTHING you want (I'm still counting the mod into all of this), and you choose to sit in a bush and press one single mouse button time and time again. I swear to God, we got from Arma 2 to DayZ mod, and from mod to the standalone, I won't be at all surprised when someone makes a mod for DayZ making it Arma all over again.

Disclaimer: wherever I said "you", I didn't mean you personally, but in general :)

Edited by hoffa
  • Like 1

What really makes me laugh about this whole "dayz" scenario is that every one of you ridiculous purists want realism (guns, recoil, bullet drop, more rifles, more handguns) yet, stand back in utter horror when you have a player who opportunistically kills you for your belongings. Its simply staggering. And all you guys wave this banner across the Dayz map how if there was a complete break down of economics, police state, religious state and everything we knew of civilization except weapons, food and clothing, we would all band together and sit in a circle and sing campfire songs.

And killing you for your supplies isn't "lazy"- quite the opposite. I usually track geared players. I prefer the m4 so I usually get up pretty close to them and when the opportunity is right, I strike. Try that game play on a regular server. I assure you, it isn't easy. Its a hell of a lot more involved than opening a door and hoping there's something of value inside.

I know this point will fall on deaf ears because I stated in a while ago and all the whiner babies ignored it, but whats an M4 designed for? An AKM? Whats it purpose right now in the world? Here's a clue: SHOOT PEOPLE.

And I've been shot in the back enough times not to trust people. And since the goal of the game is survival, I do just that, even tho it might require putting a hole in your head to do so. Do I KOS? Not that it matters, but I do not. If I see a threat, I kill. If I see supplies, I kill. If I dont trust someone, I kill. This absurd comment "brainwashed by COD" is just plain dumb. Dayz is about surivival, not running up to geared players and handing out beans to bambis. You wanna play the game that way, UP TO YOU. Just STFU and let me play it the way I want to play.

One more thing (although I know you wont get it)- think of Dayz without PVP. Just think of it as PVZ. I bet 70% of the players wouldn't play anymore. It would be boring, stale- unless the zombies went to World War Z speed, but I dont see that happening. So put on your big boy pants and deal with PVP. Baby tears in a forum isn't going to do anything.

why wouldn't we get that? that's pretty damn cool to track a player and get them. I don't personally think it's BF and COD fault people play run and gun. it's just hope people play. I think it's just dumb to just kill people. if you make a purpose for you kills.... awesome. tracking is one of them and that takes skill.

• Like 1

This game is meant to be a survival simulator. I'm not saying that PvP shouldn't have its place.  I'm saying that DayZ shouldn't be an outright goddamned deathmatch.

4.  The discussion isn't closed, but it seems you've said your piece. I won't try to change your mind, since the game needs aggressive players.

It's up to you to make choices that dictate how you play.   I've helped more people than I've killed, but man I've killed way more people than I wanted to. I've shot on sight a few times even.  But I've always tried to save them once they're not a threat.

What really makes me laugh about this whole "dayz" scenario is that every one of you ridiculous purists want realism (guns, recoil, bullet drop, more rifles, more handguns) yet, stand back in utter horror when you have a player who opportunistically kills you for your belongings. Its simply staggering.

You wanna play the game that way, UP TO YOU. Just STFU and let me play it the way I want to play.

Is that what you tell yourself whenever you or someone you know shoots somebody without giving them a chance? "They should know better?" "We're teaching them?" You can teach someone a lesson without violence.   Now then, as for the CoD/Battlefield influence, I only bring it up because the ONLY objective to that game (and any other game involving weaponry it seems like) is to kill your opponent.  Players have been brainwashed into thinking that destruction is the only way to play a game like this.  Build your arsenal. Destroy theirs.  Right?

This game is meant to be a survival simulator. I'm not saying that PvP shouldn't have its place.  I'm saying that DayZ shouldn't be an outright goddamned deathmatch.  When loot-hopping countermeasures, hunting, less-than-lethal weaponry, vehicles, and sensible zombie mechanics get worked into the final product we're going to see a lot more teamwork and a little less of this KoS mentality.  

Yes, but KOS adds to the survival, if you get killed by people then you are not surviving well enough. If I wanted to just survive I would go to the 90% of the map where I wouldn't see anyone, and that is a good survival tactic, stock up on stuff and find a place to live happily. I also doubt that we will be seeing less KOS mentality, as most people KOS at airfields because they are worried about losing their stuff, now imagine that when good stuff is harder find, meaning the people who get it first are clans or bandit groups and other people would try anything to get the stuff they have due to how hard it is to get, and they don't want to be killed by them. Even though I barely KOS (I just kill after giving it thought), I would kill a well equipped player any day if I was a new spawn, even more so then as now as I would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And if I was a highly equipped player, if a bambi hadn't seen me I would let them pass, if not then I would kill them even more as I dont want to lose my stuff either.

• Like 1

Yes, but KOS adds to the survival, if you get killed by people then you are not surviving well enough. If I wanted to just survive I would go to the 90% of the map where I wouldn't see anyone, and that is a good survival tactic

(I just kill after giving it thought)

if I was a highly equipped player, if a bambi hadn't seen me I would let them pass, if not then I would kill them even more as I dont want to lose my stuff either.

Your signature says otherwise. Your testimony is inconsistent.

"Usually found protecting shooting People (only for this character I will be back protecting Bambis after I get killed)near electro, you'll never see me but you'll hear me..."

Why is this funny at all? If someone has no friends, than just start to hop on servers, and pray for something for even might be hours... that's disgusting from my point of view.

Find someone on forum there is a lot of forever alone ppl(like me etc) but ppl killed, killing, and will do kos because there is no plot in game, nothing to do except murder ppl and make them suffer, or walk like Jesus on full servers, with full inventory of medicaments and heal everyone.

Your signature says otherwise. Your testimony is inconsistent.

"Usually found protecting shooting People (only for this character I will be back protecting Bambis after I get killed)near electro, you'll never see me but you'll hear me..."

Yes, that was for my previous character, and even then that wasn't shooting on sight, I watched them and decided on if I should shoot them or not, and let many new spawns continue on. KOS is where say I go into a house, turn a corner see someone there and then empty my mag, any kills in which someone finds a position or sees someone and doesn't shoot in the first 2-3 seconds is not KOS, which is why I think KOS is overly used when actually people being KOS are just being killed by people who want to kill them.

Who am i to judge the kid behaviour of shooting bambi's in the leg and let them crouch to dead near a place where bambi's spawn.

I would never play a game like this but oke i am happy in my reallife and i did get enough attention when i was a baby and now i get attention by a decent goodlooking girl in my real life wich makes me play dayz like a grownup.

• Like 1

Note to self: If players with guns at the coast give you a gun and ammo, shoot them. If they give you a gun, run away, although not in a straight line to be an easy target. If you still think you could trust them, make them go in front of you. If one of them shoots you in the back at the coast, run into the ocean, just to make it hard to get your gear. If you have a fully armed friend, make him follow you in a safe distance and shoot them if they shoot you. If they shoot you in the leg, restart. If the restart isn't possible, make a friend kill you. If you got no friends (you are doomed) request help from a hero squad (one probably will be established soon on Steam, every hero is free to join).

And yet DayZ continues to add features that promote griefing and trolling like this, pretty soon it will just become a circlejerk of this kind of stuff and die off, people get bored of this kind of stuff eventually. Maybe it seems funny the first few times you see or hear of it, but after 200 hours of gameplay I can say it's really not entertaining anymore, it's dick-ish and the only purpose of it existing is to grief and troll.

plenty more sand in the box after force feeding people.. im over 100 hours and yet to be force fed anything or be anyone's hostage, kinda looking forward to it

I know there are different plp, with different thinking, but these plp are the sickest bast*rds without any humor, or fantasy.

That's my opinion... What's yours?

My opinion is that you are thinking in to this too much, you are judging people and guessing their lives based off a video game, aren't you a good little psychiatrist?

Get out in to the real world more, video games are intended for fun. Just because somebody does something in a game it doesn't mean they ARE that person.

For example, I play Manhunt 1 & 2 regularly, does that mean I'm a sick twisted and sadistic person who goes around brutalizing people in the most violent of ways possible?...

Don't worry

These kind of people in your original post OP only pick on people who can't fight back

Such as newspawns, I'd like to see them try that against a fully geared player

These kind of trolls run or log at the first sign of danger

" Everybody Lies " Doctor House :))

• Like 1