Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

That's an indication your leg/arm is broken... painkillers still serve no purpose in the game. Morphine or Splint...

No, it's not.

I'm talking about the old Armpainache (yes, it was written like this XD) red notification that came on experimentals. Now, on stable, is like what I wrote before.

It says that you are experiencing pain - but having pain to a leg does still allow you to walk, run and vault.

As you know, a broken leg does not. Plus, the broken leg/arm has different notification and is present in the inventory, while pain is not, atm.

Read carefully ;)

Edit: I forgot that the character moans when the hit causes this pain.

Clearly it's something they put in without mentioning in the patch notes. It seems to have no consequences atm, but I wanted to know if somebody had a solution for it - I'm not going to waste a morphine dose for science, I'm hoping somebody else does XD

Edited by Gugolas

Really like the new stuff that's been added, and our server has never been busier than last night. Didn't seem to get the same problems that others are seeing with being unable to connect to servers and we even managed to make it to the new town and have a look around.

The only annoyance was the 'you are getting wet' and then 'you are no longer getting wet' messages appearing every 2 or 3 seconds when running through woodland. It meant we completely missed any other messages on the left hand side because these covered them up.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by leviaxxan
  • Like 1

That's an indication your leg/arm is broken... painkillers still serve no purpose in the game. Morphine or Splint...

Painkillers are meant to get rid of those irritating moans when you get injured. Not entirely sure if they work as those moans normally get me killed before I can find painkillers.

It works fine for me when I manage to find a server I can log into. Other than that, no new problems, hotkeys don't work sometimes though.

It works fine for me when I manage to find a server I can log into. Other than that, no new problems, hotkeys don't work sometimes though.

Try pressing the hotkey twice, seems to work for me.

Try pressing the hotkey twice, seems to work for me.

I'll try, thanks. Although it seems that it happens when a server is unresponsive, since I was stuck with the SKS at the moment, and decided to try to shoot some zombies. Nothing happened.

Ah, if it's due to server issues then double tapping the key probably won't help.

"Tomorrow morning GMT we will know the message that is causing the UDP problems. Then we will fix that."

https://twitter.com/Rocket2guns/statuses/446693257758904320

Cya guys tomorrow.

By then just join "DayZ US..." Servers. Had desync issues all the time. A friend of mine then told me to join a US server and it really works. No desync issues so far - absolutly smooth, even with low bandwith connection.

• Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the server

YES! YES! YES!  TACTICAL BACON!!  :wub:

I palyed yesterday but problem with server connection provoked me to throw chairs through window. Very entertaining :thumbsup:

Edited by silent
  • Like 1

I palyed yesterday but problem with server connection provoked me to throw chairs through window. Very entertaining :thumbsup:

I thought throwing objects was currently disabled?

• Like 2

Read carefully ;)

Unnecessary comment. Your notes actually were not detailed or clear and made no reference to any type of server or patch version... Did you mention anywhere in your original comment that you were still able to walk? I think not... so THINK before you speak/write and leave detailed and accurate notes that don't leave critical information out of the comment. That might avoid snarky comments like yours and mine. ;)

Edited by sniperdoc

what a genious idea, bringing the game from "kind of playable-"stable"" to "fubr" ?!

yay zombies that get shot and spawn instantly where they stood in the first place...cant be more realistic and STILL there are (now this is hard as im still TRYING to call them that way, just for you)

"people" that go total happymode with this...*insertwordyermumwouldbeatyafor*  !

...tardmode not measurable. damn fanboys - youre not helping the game this way.

soooo, to the core of my thought : how you expect people to give you reply to your alpha when the majority of "testers"  randomly cant access the game for hours..just saying :|

tried one and a half hour.

and i simply dont give a fook, if YOU, dear reader was actually able to connect. 

#470 d-head....junge dich würd ich am liebsten

über den tisch ziehen, wegen solchen dämlichen fanboys haben wir doch den scheiss jetzt ! ich find dich ultimativ assig mit deinem drecksgespam...

und wie durch und gierig muss man sein, lockable server nur für viel kohle rauszurücken.

gebt den hackern doch gleich ne anleitung und bucht ihnen ein hotelzimmer, damit sie es nicht so schwer haben....saudumm -.-

#661 my count is mouse#2, cup#6, a new flatscreen and a new soundsystem ...but at least i dont need to call someone to fix it :D

they added a force drink option instead, don't worry :P

Oh thank god. I almost started spreading rumor at work last night then :)

Back on team Bohemia.

soooo, to the core of my thought : how you expect people to give you reply to your alpha when the majority of "testers"  randomly cant access the game for hours..just saying :|

Majority? Do you have the numbers on this? Cause when I tried playing and I looked at the numbers, the servers were more full than usual. Not saying they were all at 30 or 40... I'm saying that the average server had more people than usual.

and i simply dont give a fook, if YOU, dear reader was actually able to connect. 

Well, if that's the case, then I don't think anyone else cares what you think either... no?

über den tisch ziehen, wegen solchen dämlichen fanboys haben wir doch den scheiss jetzt ! ich find dich ultimativ assig mit deinem drecksgespam...

und wie durch und gierig muss man sein, lockable server nur für viel kohle rauszurücken.

gebt den hackern doch gleich ne anleitung und bucht ihnen ein hotelzimmer, damit sie es nicht so schwer haben....saudumm -.-

Und als Deutscher sollten Dich solche Äußerungen schämen. Von einem Deutschen Junge, der normalerweise mehr Menschenverstand haben sollte als Amerikanische kinder... der schlauer sein sollte... dass schämt mich als Deutscher.

Erstens hat DayZ/BIS überhaupt nix mit den Kosten von Servers zu tun... das hat mit den Verkäufer zu tun, so bring deine Klage zu den richtigen Leuten.

Zweitens hat Ellen Ripley nichts gesagt das nicht warheit war. Jeder hat seit der ersten Woche seit das neue Patch nicht angekommen war geschrien "gimme gimme gimme" weil es trotzdem nicht fertig war...

Und was ist ein D-head? #470 ist Ellen Ripley, wenn Du jetzt "Dummkopf" gemeint hast, gibt es das nicht auf Englisch.

Saudumm... Ja... kuck mal in den Spiegel... Du solltest deinen Namen auf "hatKEINEahnung" verändern.

Was ein unverschämtes und berechtigtes Arsch.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

Could you please write your comments in plain english? Learn to cope with your anger and calm down.

Diese Art von Gossensprache macht keinen guten Eindruck von uns deutschen Nutzern. 

(This kind of poured language doesn't make a good impression of us german users.)

• Like 5

what a genious idea, bringing the game from "kind of playable-"stable"" to "fubr" ?!

yay zombies that get shot and spawn instantly where they stood in the first place...cant be more realistic and STILL there are (now this is hard as im still TRYING to call them that way, just for you)

"people" that go total happymode with this...*insertwordyermumwouldbeatyafor*  !

...tardmode not measurable. damn fanboys - youre not helping the game this way.

tried one and a half hour.

#661 my count is mouse#2, cup#6, a new flatscreen and a new soundsystem ...but at least i dont need to call someone to fix it :D

@HatkeineAhnung

Please refrain from talking to me. Obviously you are absolute clueless.

They said the current Zombie respawn mechanic is a first test. Most likely for all the whining,hating and bitching folks that demanded every 10th post MORE ZEDS.

Here you go have more zeds!

NOOOOOOOOOO WTF ARE YOU DOING DAYZ STAFF *whine again*

*sigh*

See it doesn't matter how they do something there will always be guys who think they could demand it to be different.

Did they ever stated those respawn mechanics would be final? NO.

It was said the final respawn mechanic should spawn them Outside of the town and let them move towards town based on the noise people create. ( this would be the best case )

Now stop crying for your own sake.

Calling me a Fanboi Hahahaha I stopped being a fanboy of anyone/anything the day I got my Preordered Gothic 3. Never again shall anyone have my trust.

I just know more stuff about Game Development or Design than crying kids on forums. Thats why I see things different then you.

Also read my Signature. Stay off the Game if your mind can't handle the alpha phase.

I apologize to all non German speakers for German trash talk in the last posts. Nothing of interest was mentioned. Only flaming from hatAhnung at me and backfire/sharp rebuke from other German speaking folks  :)

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 1

I only played a few minutes.  Other than some initial server problems, I didn't notice anything really any worse (or better) than before.  I did spawn right on top of some Tactical Bacon.  So that was kind of nice.

Edited by bfisher

Could you please write your comments in plain english? Learn to cope with your anger and calm down.

Diese Art von Gossensprache macht keinen guten Eindruck von uns deutschen Nutzern. 

(This kind of poured language doesn't make a good impression of us german users.)

His comments weren't necessary and completely uninformed and uncalled for. So, there was no need to drag everyone else into a discussion that didn't involve anyone else. I'd have expected more from him. Entitled, and most of all ignorant kids, piss me off... sorry...

Edited by sniperdoc

Yep... no information is almost misinformation and can cause unnecessary responses on this forum. Seems there's a major lack of attention to detail with the developers at this point and honestly, makes this all seem very unprofessional. While I can appreciate their snarky responses, and even understand their use of twittereddit, I don't understand why it is so hard to post accurate and relevant information on the forum in a single thread.

It really just causes unnecessary posts.

Actually the unnecessary posts are from people that feel entitled because they purchased, after being advised NOT TO mind you, a game still in Alpha and a WIP. Try accepting DayZ in its present form, TEST the game for bugs, exploits, play-ability etc then report them. THATS the purpose of Alpha and Beta testing. I remember the days of begging for alpha and beta testing so you could have a voice AND a sneak peak at the game.

As to them being "unprofessional":  people ARE NOT entitled to hourly, daily, weekly updates from the developers and frankly are acting very much like petulant children and not in an adult manner at all. Try using the forums in an adult manner and let the professionals do their job.....making DayZ and not holding hands and calming tears of the "you owe me" crowd.

Actually the unnecessary posts are from people that feel entitled because they purchased, after being advised NOT TO mind you, a game still in Alpha and a WIP. Try accepting DayZ in its present form, TEST the game for bugs, exploits, play-ability etc then report them. THATS the purpose of Alpha and Beta testing. I remember the days of begging for alpha and beta testing so you could have a voice AND a sneak peak at the game.

As to them being "unprofessional":  people ARE NOT entitled to hourly, daily, weekly updates from the developers and frankly are acting very much like petulant children and not in an adult manner at all. Try using the forums in an adult manner and let the professionals do their job.....making DayZ and not holding hands and calming tears of the "you owe me" crowd.

If they want accurate testing responses they need to give accurate notes... sorry if that doesn't makes sense to you.

"Yep... no information is almost misinformation and can cause unnecessary responses on this forum."

It has nothing to do with entitlement... it has to do with proper work flow actually. If they want to test this... give people an easier way to get the information. This was already discussed in the previous patch notes thread, no sense to call it entitlement. Also, I didn't mention anything about hourly, daily or weekly updates. I'm saying they need to have accurate information. Which at this point is ambiguous at best.

Edited by sniperdoc

His comments weren't necessary and completely uninformed and uncalled for. So, there was no need to drag everyone else into a discussion that didn't involve anyone else. I'd have expected more from him. Entitled, and most of all ignorant kids, piss me off... sorry...

This one wasn't directed to you. Writing on an tablet takes time ;). So can we all be friends again please?

• Like 1