O-Ren

I'm really sorry camo dude!

I did something REALLy awful today...

I had a broken leg for like 4 hours and like 430 blood, so me and one of my group mates were prone up a hill on the West of the NWAF. As I was sitting there waiting for another one of our group mates to make his way up North with the morphine and blood bags, a dude in camo suddenly appears! I hear "OH SHIT! FRIENDLY, DONT'T SHOOT ME MATE!" on the direct voice chat. I was completely caught off guard so I was like "OKAY, OKAY DON'T SHOOT I'M FRIENDLY TOO!!". The dude was like, "Ok man, I'm coming near you.". So I suddenly see the dude in front of me, I try to make out what weapon he has and I'm suddenly stunned: He is holding the glorius BAF AS50 .50 cal sniper rifle, a weapon I've been trying to find for a month. I suddenly get the urge to shoot him in the face with my FN FAL, but he asks me if I need help. My groupmate is hiding next to a tree behind the camo dude so he cant be seen. I reply with "YES PLEASE DUDE, DO YOU HAVE MORPHINE?". He's like "Yeah sure lemme help you.". So the dude cures my broken leg and then asks me if I need some steaks. I'm shouting "Oh yeah man, you really saved my life!" and he starts throwing the raw meat on the ground for me to pick up.

At the same time though I'm on voice call with our group of 5 people and I'm telling them how much I want that gun and that I'm thinking of killing him, but I cant cause he could have shot me without even seeing him but instead he's helping me out! I finally give in and tell my friend to shoot him with his M249 SAW. As my friend is taking aim, the camoed Good Samaritan is like "Allright man I'm gonna cook the meat for you and then I'm leaving". He starts to sprint away but I'm like "DUDE WAIT! I want to ask you something, come here"....

As my savior stops and walks back towards me to hear what I want to ask him, my mate shoots him 5-10 times with the SAW just to make sure...

He hits the ground. I can hear flies. I search the body: AS50 with 10 mags (!!), full survival kit, extra camo clothing, GPS, M1911 with 6 mags, lots of meat, 6 bottles of water (full), meds, blood bags... This man must have been playing for a week or so...

He appeared out of nowhere, helped me heal from my wounds while he could have just shot me instead and take my FN FAL with 8 mags in our tent (our tent was next to me), he was building a fire so he could cook meet for me and I just lured him into a trap and killed him for his weapon.

The apocalypse man... It does things to you

TL;DR : SORRY CAMO DUDE BUT YOU HAD AN AWESOME GUN :)

People like the op will go on to create threads such as

'WHY?!' entailing a story of how he helped someone, then got backstabbed because of his amazing gun.

reminds me, today i camped in the firestation with a broken leg, low blood and no morphine. I figured my best chance to stay in the game is to camp and kill someone and take the morphine.I got my morphine after waiting for 1 hour.

People like the op will go on to create threads such as

'WHY?!' entailing a story of how he helped someone' date=' then got backstabbed because of his amazing gun.

[/quote']

Actually mate, now that I have an amazing gun, I would not even consider helping someone outside my group. Had I been in the camo dude's position, I would have shot me, looted my body reeeeeally quick and then sprint into the wilderness again.

Hence, your argument is naive and invalid.

Nah' date=' the real TL;DR is:

This is why we can't have nice things. (or nice survivors in this case :P)

[/quote']

Oh man, when I saw that gun I was like a crack addict that found his fix!

Hach i love this game' date=' first and idiote help you, and then lets shoot him and Take everything he got.

It's like teaching you son how to drove a bicyle.

[/quote']

...yeah, by punching your son in the face every time he gets it right. Asshats will be asshats.

What a douche you are. I'm going to puke from amount of sh*t in your post.

But to each his own. Dude was too careless anyway. He had to shoot you otherwise he deserved what he's got.

Why do you even care?... I mean, everytime I kill someone I don't make a big deal out of it, it's just a game, it's fun killing and dying is a part of the game.

Why do you even care?... I mean' date=' everytime I kill someone I don't make a big deal out of it, it's just a game, it's fun killing and dying is a part of the game.

[/quote']

I really don't care that much, I'm just stating that this mod is able to put you through a plethora of emotions, in my case, greed took over and made me lure a dude into killing him for his weapon. He was too careless anyway.

This whole thread is a praise to the wide range of emotions and experiences that DayZ can offer you.

Unfortunately, some people (not you) are unable to see between the lines and are calling me an asshole and such.

Haters are always gonna hate.

The only death I've felt responsible and bad for was this one guy me and my friends met at the NorthEast Airport. He had a Bizon SD and ghillie, and not only did he not shoot us on sight, he helped us get through the zombies and loot the place (this was when zombies would spawn and aggro a lot easier)

We aggroed and tried to run, then we tried to fight, then tried to run again, but I came across our anonymous friend's body on the way out. I felt so guilty that he'd died when he didn't even have to be there.

The only death I've felt responsible and bad for was this one guy me and my friends met at the NorthEast Airport. He had a Bizon SD and ghillie' date=' and not only did he not shoot us on sight, he helped us get through the zombies and loot the place (this was when zombies would spawn and aggro a lot easier)

We aggroed and tried to run, then we tried to fight, then tried to run again, but I came across our anonymous friend's body on the way out. I felt so guilty that he'd died when he didn't even have to be there.

[/quote']

My story and your story give us a valuable lesson then: If you are well kitted out and you wanna stay that way, try to be carefull and think before you try and help someone. Players will almost always be after your shiny gun and zombies will always be after your tasty ribs!

I'm still a friendly dude and will help someone if I think he's not dangerous, but if he looks like a threat I would try to avoid them.

This may be a game, but in a way you express your innerself through your actions, sorry to tell you but that was a douchebag move from your part.

I'm not gonna say you did anything wrong because I've done things like this before, but I would've rather asked if he would join my group. Extra members with good guns are always welcome, but with a guy who had as much as you said he did, he was probably skilled at least a little bit.

This may be a game' date=' but in a way you express your innerself through your actions, sorry to tell you but that was a douchebag move from your part.

[/quote']

I know it was quite a douchey move from my part but I can assure you that in no way am I a douche when playing. Actually for the last 3 weeks that I've been playing I've only killed out of self defence. I like helping people. I was sniping Elektro once, providing cover to a group of unarmed survivors I happened to stumble upon, scouting for bandits and taking them out.

I "killed" the camo dude because this is only a game and I knew I could get away with it. He was way too careless. He had the best weapon for my playstyle. I had a group member to cover me. We needed all the meds we could get. These reasons are more than enough for me to kill somebody in-game. :)

Lol' date=' you posted this.

[/quote']

Hahha yeah dude, keeping it to myself was wearing me out xP

Don't be sorry at all man!!

Yesterday I deceived two people into joining me outside of Elektro in side chat, and when we finally found each other I shot them both 3 times with my M1911. I got a bunch of meat and medical supplies out of it, but it all disappeared in my pack today...

Game or not, you have really low morals. Congrats on being one of the biggest a-hole to play this game.

Don't be sorry at all man!!

Yesterday I deceived two people into joining me outside of Elektro in side chat' date=' and when we finally found each other I shot them both 3 times with my M1911. I got a bunch of meat and medical supplies out of it, but it all disappeared in my pack today...

[/quote']

I like you sir.

Game or not' date=' you have really low morals. Congrats on being one of the biggest a-hole to play this game.

[/quote']

You are correct. I'm sure you're going from Cherno to Elektro with an ice-cream truck, offering free treats to everyone!!

Hugs and rainbows will keep us alive during the apocalypse!

hahahaha.still losing sleep over it then?

ahhaah not anymore!! I posted this thread some hours after we got him, now I'm just enjoying the 1.4 km range and the 2 meter pole sticking out my back making me easier to spot! what an awesome gun!

(still owe you a can of beans though)

Один раз я ходил без оружия, а инвентарь был заполнен пакетами с кровью и морфином. Спас от неминуемой смерти девять человек, а десятый, после того как я его вылечил, убил меня ради рюкзака Allice. Это всего лишь игра. Надеюсь парень в камуфляже не сильно расстроился. Если кому-то понадобится помощь пишите мне в скайп на имя "russtarik". Если буду рядом - помогу, если мне будет чем помогать. =)

Действительно попытаюсь помочь. >_>

One time I walked unarmed, and inventory was filled with packets of blood and morphine. I have saved from certain death nine people, and the tenth, after I had cured him, kill me for a backpack Allice. It's just a game. I hope the guy in the camouflage is not very upset. If anyone needs help contact me at skype - russtarik. If I would not far - I will help, if I will have something to help. =)

Really will try to help. >_>