O-Ren

I'm really sorry camo dude!

I would love it if the only gun in this game was a Winchester, makarov and hatchet.

I got shot into my face after telling I was friendly. Had 240 zed kills with mostly headshots on that char, AK with 7 clips and third day alive . .

. . I wish as soon as you became bandit, the game would strip you naked and threw hatchet up your ass, set the hatchet on fire and watch you run.

They make being bandit too easy. There are no negative sides to it, at all.

10 Noob enters a game, loots the makarov.

20 Noob meets advanced player who has been collecting stuff for few days.

30 Noob headshots the advanced player and loots his stuff.

40 Noob gets killed in less than hour of gameplay because he is stupid.

50 Noob logs on the dayz forum to celebrate his amazing win

60 Noob relogs to the game

70 GOTO 10

This behaviour is encouraged by the reward it gives for the noob. Only loser is the guy who builds the backbone of the game, that goes out there and survives for days. This guy gets tired of this kind of shit fairly fast, which is sad, because he is one of the people who actually made the game what it was at 1.7.0 - FUN. In the end all that is left? Noobs trying to rape each others for their makarovs.

GJ devs.

I got shot into my face after telling I was friendly. Had 240 zed kills with mostly headshots on that char' date=' AK with 7 clips and third day alive . .

. . I wish as soon as you became bandit, the game would strip you naked and threw hatchet up your ass, set the hatchet on fire and watch you run.

They make being bandit too easy. There are no negative sides to it, at all.

10 Noob enters a game, loots the makarov.

20 Noob meets advanced player who has been collecting stuff for few days.

30 Noob headshots the advanced player and loots his stuff.

40 Noob gets killed in less than hour of gameplay because he is stupid.

50 Noob logs on the dayz forum to celebrate his amazing win

60 Noob relogs to the game

70 GOTO 10

This behaviour is encouraged by the reward it gives for the noob. Only loser is the guy who builds the backbone of the game, that goes out there and survives for days. This guy gets tired of this kind of shit fairly fast, which is sad, because he is one of the people who actually made the game what it was at 1.7.0 - FUN. In the end all that is left? Noobs trying to rape each others for their makarovs.

GJ devs.

[/quote']

Ummm... Shouldn't the "advanced" player be able to stay un-spotted by the noob players in the first place..? I'm guessing the "advanced" player in you little story is you. Doesn't sound that advanced to me. Try harder or at least try not to rage on the forums because a noob killed you due to your carelesness. Also, blaming it on the Devs? Shit man...

I'm sure all of you who are flaming on this thread are just butthurt from someone killing you for your gear. I've been killed for no reason/backstabbed before but I didnt rage on the forums, I just learned to be more carefull, unlike the camo dude we killed and unlike most of you who think you got killed by some douche. You got killed because you allowed someone to kill you. Try harder.

DayZ is indeed a social experiment. Those that can understand how difficult survival in this "game" is, are gonna stay alive for longer using any means necessary. Those that don't, are gonna get killed in NWAF during their server hopping/weapon farming session by a random dude and they're gonna blame the Devs for not punishing PKers.

Just chill and adapt.

Headed to Kamenka to pick up our car and assemble the team to the NWAF trip. Jeep was a bit scratched so we decided to go inside of the warehouse to check some wheels and parts. Was just 3 of us at the start, more joined later. Bizon SD, AKM and M14 AIM. All decently geared. Some guy walks to the warehouse we looting. We run outside to intercept - he just freshly spawned. No weapons or loot on him. He tells us that he is friendly and lay on the floor.

Over voice chat:

- Hey mate, you saw him first. Can you let me kill this dude?

- Sure, i got few already. He's all yours.

So i walk to a guy and put a hole in his head. He was able to run and we was busy enough to let him go. Loaded offroad car can't wait too long at the spawn area so we was in no position to linger with our trip. But he decided just to lay there and let us to choose his fate. That was plainly stupid in my perspective but it was his choice. We didn't lured him anywhere, we didn't told him that we was friendly. I hope that guy learned his lesson.

But being greedy and break your own word... This is not something you can call "no way am I a douche when playing". How people can trust you after this? They saw it. And they know it. If they got something valuable they will be alerted - because you can kill them over it. In the end you just stab each other in the backs because your trust is broken by your own actions. This is not something you can call bandits, this is just some petty cutthroats. They can't band :D

...but being greedy and break your own word... This is not something you can call "no way am I a douche when playing". How people can trust you after this? They saw it. And they know it. If they got something valuable they will be alerted - because you can kill them over it. In the end you just stab each other in the backs because your trust is broken by your own actions. This is not something you can call bandits' date=' this is just some petty cutthroats. They can't band :D

[/quote']

At last, someone with a valid argument. :)

I agree, it was a douchey move. We just killed him because he had an awesome gun. But what you people don't realise is that he made himself vulnerable. There he was, standing on top of a hill just West of NWAF, with a huge gun in his hands and a camo suit. That makes him a huge target.

"If they got something valuable they will be alerted" is what you said. He had the rarest spawning, most powerfull sniper rifle with the longest range. Not to mention the stuff in his toolbelt and inventory. Helping a dude next to a tent on top of a hill near the most dangerous area on the map is not "being alerted". Yeah I appreciate him fixing me up but I could have the weapon I was looking for without having to search for days. We also needed meds and food and water. After being killed while trying to be friendly many times, I changed my playstyle to "kill to survive" and "kill to get the stuff you need".

That's the awesome thing about DayZ: After a while it forces you to change your way of playing IF you want to keep your current character. Since it's supposed to be an immersive "game" where you can bond with your character unlike most other games, I decided to kill the dude just because it probably was the only situation where I could kill such a well kitted dude with ease and take his stuff.

That doesn't make me a cutthroat or a douche; it makes me an opportunist. I see a chance to gain some advantage from a situation and I take it, often at the expense of ethics or morals.

And if you're talking about trust in our group, there are no such issues. We're having a bloody good time playing together. (apart from those 2 times I ACCIDENTALY shot Leigh-I'm sorry mate :P )

Cheers and sorry for the long posts!

I'm sure all of you who are flaming

Stating how it is rarely counts as flaming. Anyone defending the stated behaviour' date=' however, is likely to be the noob in description merely trying to justify their ways. Doesn't matter, I don't need justifications. What I need is the devs to BALANCE and COUNTERACT rather than ENDORSE the behaviour in question. If they don't do that, all they have on their hands is a fast dying mod full of narcissistic morons, that play the game for hatchet fights on the beach and fap over their playerkillcount.

[hr']

That doesn't make me a cutthroat or a douche; it makes me an opportunist.

Let me highlight my point for you.

Right. So I'm driving around the town and come to a wallet. I pick it up, take the cash and take the wallet to a policestation claiming it was empty when I found it, but wanted the person who lost it get the stuff back.

Whereas

You are driving around the town. You see a person that looks very wealthy, so you hit him/her with your car, rob his/her stuff and then run away from the scene screaming of the joy for the luck you had.

Are you a douche or an opportunist?

And why the fuck should YOUR behaviour be encouraged?

This shows the humans true nature. Just go read some psychology and sociology. =)

I'm very happy that murder is condemned and punished by the "community" in real life ...

I'm sure all of you who are flaming

Stating how it is rarely counts as flaming. Anyone defending the stated behaviour' date=' however, is likely to be the noob in description merely trying to justify their ways. Doesn't matter, I don't need justifications. What I need is the devs to BALANCE and COUNTERACT rather than ENDORSE the behaviour in question. If they don't do that, all they have on their hands is a fast dying mod full of narcissistic morons, that play the game for hatchet fights on the beach and fap over their playerkillcount.

[/quote']

"What you need" is not necessarily what the other players want or what the game needs! Dude you are practically demanding the Devs to change one of the main and most fun mechanisms of the game just because you don't like it and/or can't take it!

"BALANCE"? This game is not meant to be balanced. I used to get sniped while trying to find a hatchet to defend myself. I didnt demand the Devs to COUNTERACT snipers around coastal cities just because I got pissed off at getting killed. Instead I figured out how to avoid them.

"...a fast dying mod full of narcissistic morons' date=' that play the game for hatchet fights on the beach and fap over their playerkillcount."[/quote']

This is not "stating how it is", this is raging.

True human nature gears towards hedonism. We also feel strong sympathy towards our own kind, especially when they are in stress. The true human nature - as referred through playerkillings - inhibits only in narcissistic psycho/sociopaths. Internet is pretty much the only place they can really excell without consequences, so yeah. Here is where their behaviour truly highlights itself. But it doesn't speak for the majority of the population, only for the morons.

Let me highlight my point for you.

Right. So I'm driving around the town and come to a wallet. I pick it up' date=' take the cash and take the wallet to a policestation claiming it was empty when I found it, but wanted the person who lost it get the stuff back.

Whereas

You are driving around the town. You see a person that looks very wealthy, so you hit him/her with your car, rob his/her stuff and then run away from the scene screaming of the joy for the luck you had.

Are you a douche or an opportunist?

And why the fuck should YOUR behaviour be encouraged?

[/quote']

See, what you did now is called "raging out my ass and taking arguments to the extreme"

I'm not gonna comment on the cute wallet story.

Nowhere in this post did I state that my behaviour should be encouraged. I'm just explaining why what I did was justifiable under the circumstances.

Fuck dude, this is a thread under the "Bandit campfire" Forum. It was supposed to be a short story. Chill the fuck out champ.

This is not "stating how it is"' date=' this is raging.[/quote']

No, this is prediction and I'm very good at them.

I'm not gonna comment on the cute wallet story.

Already did.

In our country we have saying, which states saying nothing equals agreeing.

Douche.

True human nature gears towards hedonism. We also feel strong sympathy towards our own kind' date=' especially when they are in stress. The true human nature - as referred through playerkillings - inhibits only in narcissistic psycho/sociopaths. Internet is pretty much the only place they can really excell without consequences, so yeah. Here is where their behaviour truly highlights itself. But it doesn't speak for the majority of the population, only for the morons.

[/quote']

Cheers Doc, you got it all figured out. I'm a narcissistic psycho/sociopath fat dude living in a basement, getting satisfaction while killing people in a FUCKING GAME and arguing in Forums. Not gonna argue with you anymore cause you seem narrow minded and also, I'm not here to argue on tha Interwebz!

I'm off to murdering more people! hugs

In our country we have saying' date=' which states saying nothing equals agreeing.

Douche.

[/quote']

I think we might be from the same country.

Fag.

I'm a narcissistic psycho/sociopath fat dude living in a basement' date=' getting satisfaction while killing people in a FUCKING GAME and arguing in Forums[/quote']

If you say so.

I can see you are trying to still hold on to your pride and IGN rather than make a new one, by using your best and only defense: fast exit when you run out of arguments and your ways get highlighted in manner you don't wish people to see them.

Fag.

And so the truth reveals. I used douche' date=' because I was entitled to be using it - my argument with the example you didn't even bother to comment was way better than yours and highlighted your behavioural pattern 100%. What do I own for this honor of being called a fag?

[hr']

"BALANCE"? This game is not meant to be balanced.

It needs to be as hard for both parties, the survivors and the bandits. Why should the 1-hour bandit have any easier life than the survivor that goes out there and does his/her thing for DAYZ?

That's all.

I'm a narcissistic psycho/sociopath fat dude living in a basement' date=' getting satisfaction while killing people in a FUCKING GAME and arguing in Forums[/quote']

If you say so.

I can see you are trying to still hold on to your pride and IGN rather than make a new one, by using your best and only defense: fast exit when you run out of arguments and your ways get highlighted in manner you don't wish people to see them.

Fag.

And so the truth reveals. I used douche' date=' because I was entitled to be using it - my argument with the example you didn't even bother to comment was way better than yours and highlighted your behavioural pattern 100%. What do I own for this honor of being called a fag?

[/quote']

I am laughing out loud while reading this. I literally am!

Especially the second part which is just plain stupid.

I am now convinced you are a troll! Well played.

Either that or you're getting an unusual amount of satisfaction arguing on a thread in a game forum...and believing what you are stating about human nature and psycho-sociopaths applies to a game...plain ignorant and naive.

If you are a troll you win because you got me raging a bit at the amount of ignorance your posts contain...

Either way; If I find a wallet I'll let you know.

I am laughing out loud while reading this. I literally am!

There's kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Anyways, enjoy your DayZ. I mean, it's still the way YOU want it. Bandits having easy life and everyone else getting shit by them. No wonder you are trying to keep it that way. Hard life for bandits, HAH. WHO WOULD WANT THAT?

he made himself vulnerable.

Yep. I mentioned that earlier. That's why i shoot even freshly spawned survivors. Not like i really into it, but if i have the chance - i do kill them. Sometimes even chase them. With an axe.

What kind of fun is that when you spent few hours just to assemble the team and all your plans gone to waste by some stray guy with Lee? The guy that you are decided to spare? I mean come on! People wasted their free time just to play with you. They carried their virtual arses to the meeting point... and poof! Half of the team is dead, your car is blown, everyone throwing their shoes at you and not want to play anymore. Yes, this is just a game but time is precious. Especially if you are getting older. And yes. Lee is so Lee! This is perfect weapon that can even the chances. No matter how geared you are - Lee will get you down. Those freshly spawned newbs can rob you of everything in a matters of minutes :) Till they get into the first barn or anything like that. And this is why i don't afraid to loose even well geared character :) And might be the case for this camo guy that decided to heal you. He just get some other gear later so why bother?

Got Lee (other weapon of choice)->Found "Friendlies in Cherno"->Got their gear->Headed to NWAF.

There is no point in hoarding those rifles and stuff. You just wasting your time and not getting fun because of em. Enjoy keeping that "awesome rifle" and sitting in ambush all alone for days :D

There is no point in hoarding those rifles and stuff. You just wasting your time and not getting fun because of em. Enjoy keeping that "awesome rifle" and sitting in ambush all alone for days :D

It is true that since I got the AS50 I've been playing in constant fear of someone jumping behing a bush and shooting me in the head! I'm turning paranoid.

I play with a group though, so "sitting in ambush alone" is not an issue. We move together and cover each other. The other guys have cool guns too, so we need to be constantly alert and ruthless if we want to keep them! :P

Cheers!

I was once nice player too, i gave a weaponless guy an m16 from my backbag cause i didint need it . Then after couple hours i was killed and i started to run back to a good looting place , where i met a guy with sniper rifle .

He shot me on sight even when i said i was friendly and unarmed , so he killed me to get 1 bandage 1 painkiller , ok i respawned ran to difirent place only to get killed by a guy with an axe , and i was unarmed again.

From that day i have killed everyone on sight , no remorse , you shoot or they shoot.

I was once nice player too' date=' i gave a weaponless guy an m16 from my backbag cause i didint need it . Then after couple hours i was killed and i started to run back to a good looting place , where i met a guy with sniper rifle .

He shot me on sight even when i said i was friendly and unarmed , so he killed me to get 1 bandage 1 painkiller , ok i respawned ran to difirent place only to get killed by a guy with an axe , and i was unarmed again.

From that day i have killed everyone on sight , no remorse , you shoot or they shoot.

[/quote']

Well killing someone who has recently spawned and has nothing on him is immature and stupid. Seems you run into an asshole.

I've been killed for no reason too, sniped out of nowhere while I was unarmed looking for beanz! That makes you more carefull and ruthless. ;)

The camo guy died because he surrendered himself to the HIGH probability of death. If you meet an armed player with super-gear and he doesn't defend himself, in a SURVIVAL GAME where great gear is a rarity, he's practically saying "I give up"!

SURVIVING:

Remain undetected

Do not expose yourself, even if you are detected. (i.e. do not "give up")

Do not brag, and don't show your awesome gear

Flee

Attack

Use your surroundings

Analyze and devise simple plans

Trick your foe

Have any form of backup when possible

These are all synonyms with "surviving".

All are infected.

You are just the smart ones with guns.

The camo guy died because he surrendered himself to the HIGH probability of death. If you meet an armed player with super-gear and he doesn't defend himself' date=' in a SURVIVAL GAME where great gear is a rarity, he's practically saying "I give up"!

SURVIVING:

Remain undetected

Do not expose yourself, even if you are detected. (i.e. do not "give up")

Do not brag, and don't show your awesome gear

Flee

Attack

Use your surroundings

Analyze and devise simple plans

Trick your foe

Have any form of backup when possible

These are all synonyms with "surviving".

[/quote']

Yes sir, you are one of the few who understand.

this game is broken :S Right now noone ever helps and shoots on sight coz of dicks like OP

this game is broken :S Right now noone ever helps and shoots on sight coz of dicks like OP

Not true. People just started to be more cautious and well organized. Few weeks ago it was just me and sometimes one or two buddies. Now we have to lock our voice comm due to lots of other strangers that represents themselves as friends who want to join then raid our cars and bases based on the intel from voice comm. Even during daytime theres at least five people playing and at the evening about 10-15. And more wants to join without any advertizing... And we do help each other though almost all of us are bandits. We share NVGs, GPS and thermal sight rifles easily, venture to the sea to help the ones who respawned. Because we trust each other. I guess you clearly missing something in the game. Go find a group already :)