icetneo

Waiting for host / Session Lost / Lag and Desync since last patch

Well I just contacted my ISP (TWC Austin area) and had them reset my modem from their end.  Still getting session lost.  Clanmates were telling me the server was saying my signature check timed out.

While I was on the phone with TWC though they pointed out that perhaps the game has a problem with the fact that on their home ISP service they use dynamic IP addresses.  Could this maybe be a problem?  If so is there anyway to get around it as the only way for me to switch to static IP is to buy their business class service which I am definitely not interested in paying for.

Well I'm finding that everytime I reinstall I get exactly one session on one server and the problem comes back.  This is leading me to think it is some file that gets changed/corrupted after you log off of the first session.  Any ideas what this file could be?  If so then it should be a simple fix of making a copy after a reinstal and just replacing it everytime I have to change servers.  Its a file that verify intergrity of game cache does not find.

Edited by Rushthezeppelin

I've seen this happen to a player in my group. Easy fix: delete the beclient.dll from your appdata local dayz folder. The reason why this works is it forces you to re-download beclient.dll and the service is reset after you've signed in to the server, and doesn't fail random pbo checksums when its reloaded. That's what's actually happening, he was getting kicked for completely random checksum fails, the beclient just seems to be parsing them incorrectly when the game session starts.

Hello all! Literally just joined to thank this man! Seems to have helped this issue for me! Hope it helps others too. Been logged in for 10m now no lag outs! :)

Hello all! Literally just joined to thank this man! Seems to have helped this issue for me! Hope it helps others too. Been logged in for 10m now no lag outs! :)

Forget I said anything, issue still persists :(. Literally out of ideas now

I've seen this happen to a player in my group. Easy fix: delete the beclient.dll from your appdata local dayz folder. The reason why this works is it forces you to re-download beclient.dll and the service is reset after you've signed in to the server, and doesn't fail random pbo checksums when its reloaded. That's what's actually happening, he was getting kicked for completely random checksum fails, the beclient just seems to be parsing them incorrectly when the game session starts.

But.....

BE does not handle signature verification, the server does.

Just wanted to clarify that, theres never been a connection between BE and signature verification in any of the RV engine games.

Although your "fix" might work, but if it works then its releated to BE and the GUID check. Not the .pbo signatures. :)

Just gets weirder and weirder.  So after a totally fresh install I tried to make a steam backup of DayZ.  After that it didn't even give me one session when I tried to play it so I pulled up the backup and it was same thing.  I'm going to maybe try now to make basically a manual backup of the dayz folder(s).

Exactly the same issue. The only thing I get is to lift arms, move around, crouch and prone. I have no inventory options apart the "receiving..." message. Although I suspect it's related to beeing stuck somewhere. For a fraction of a second when i log in, I can see the shadow outline of the building where I suspect my character is stuck. But the shadow dissapears and I get to wherever I am now. Still can't interract with anything. 

So looks like it's a conflictual information about beeing at 2 places at the same time. I may be wrong though.

Unplayable, tried the Battleeye stuff, running as admin, etc etc etc. I'm used to troubbleshooting but I think it has to do with the clipping / box / walls.

I'm having the same issue. Only started tonight after 10:00PM CST. No clue what's going on, but every server I join I get "Session Lost" within 5-10 minutes. >_>

assuming you have the game and not a crack  

try downloading experimental in the options

after that patch experimental and than undo it

that gives you the latest patch and it might fix it for you

i've been getting similar issues.

my friend recently bought the game so I thought it would be an idea for us to join a 0 pop server so that he could find some good loot and learn his way aroudn the game a bit but whenever I try to join the server I either get kicked straight back to the server screen or stuck on waiting for host.  then my entire server list disappears and everything ends up with ridiculously high ping.  It then won't let me join any server at all and I have to exit out of the game completely and log back in in order to get the server list to work again.

So has anyone even confirmed if this last patch brought the change that was supposedly going to fix this problem?  I don't see anything in the patch notes having to do with anything networking wise, it's all in gameplay changes.  If that is the case could a mod possibly give us a better idea of at least why it didn't get released and maybe give us at least a rough idea of when it should hit (at least confirm it's next patch or whatnot if at all possible).

Edited by Rushthezeppelin

i've been getting similar issues.

my friend recently bought the game so I thought it would be an idea for us to join a 0 pop server so that he could find some good loot and learn his way aroudn the game a bit but whenever I try to join the server I either get kicked straight back to the server screen or stuck on waiting for host.  then my entire server list disappears and everything ends up with ridiculously high ping.  It then won't let me join any server at all and I have to exit out of the game completely and log back in in order to get the server list to work again.

Same issues here. Just started  acting up today.

Edited by Silence4all

Getting annoyed I can't play :/ My friend bought this game as a gift for me, and every server I join will sit there for 5-10 mins on Wait for Host, then I will get  Session Lost? Not even 1 server worked as soon as I installed it, it's all fully patched and everything, tried a couple of Fixes like that delete BattlEye thingy in Local that didn't work :/

after well over a month and no response to the sticked thread from any dev or mod.  i have given up on dayz.  slow progression shit content updates poordev interaction and poor prioreties.  http://www.dangerousrays.com/ new alpha seems to be a better option then these clowns.

Well I found another piece of evidence supporting the assertion that it might be our ISPs that are the problem.  I remembered a trick I used back when I was having problems with connecting on the mod, using my mobile wifi hotspot for work (only trick is I can't use it too much for Dayz otherwise I might make the company hit our bandwidth limit D:).  It worked just dandy.  One of my clanmates made a claim that the way the game does server browsing is very similar to the way P2P file sharing programs browse files and that my ISP might be mistaking it for a P2P program.  He suggested I try to only join the game through steam by joining the game of someone on my friends list and that would skip the server browser and not alarm the ISP.  Going to test this theory here in a little bit.

Yesterday me and friends of mine had a bug, where no interaction with the env. was possible, right-clicking on inv. items gave only "receiving", no opening of doors was possible, when in a room with other players one would see them standing although they would move, and after 1-2 min there was always a "session lost". After i deleted the file, it was ok again. Still on some servers there is no interaction possible for the first 30 seconds, but after that the red chain can be seen and interaction is possible again.

Thought i would leave this note here, as you often see people in the lower left with "session timed out" messages.

I have this problem since 3 months ... I played for seven days without any problems and then nothing ... 

€ 30 donation

I have recently attempted to start playing DayZ again recently. I say attempted because up until recently it has been working perfectly. However, now whenever I join a server it lags to an unplayable extent. My ping is lower than 30, and even without desync, however desync occurs more frequently now. I have also gotten the session lost message after about only a minute of attempted gameplay. I don't know what has happened in the recent additions to the game, but even though I play on all performance settings to get the highest fps possible, my fps slows down to unplayable lows. Hopefully this issue will be fixed in the near future, because I have really enjoyed playing DayZ up until now.

This is bullshit and yea stickying this doesn't help either.. here they go again posting some bullshit about a new update that fixes something, while u got thousands of people who cant even play the game for over a month or week like myself since the latest update.. cant even get into ANY server.. as soon as i hit connect during the time it starts connectiong i get confirmation iof changes session lost. been waiting all week for this to be fucxkin fixed aND NOTHING! why the hell did i buy this shit game if u guys cant fix the important stuff!? nooo cuz painting fuckin axes n bullshit physics system is more fuckin important!

so sick of this dev team and their priorities.

Still having issues losing connection. I thought that one of the previous patches had fixed it, I was able to stay connected for a lot longer a few weeks ago. But as I have been playing a lot more recently it is still happening, I will lose connection about every 15 Minutes or so.

Does anyone else still have this problem or is it just me?

The disturbing part for me is that I play with a group and they haven't been experiencing the same issue. In fact the person who plays in the same room as me has completely stable connection, but when we all join a server I encounter a 'session lost' window, or I deal with constant loss of connection.

To better illustrate the 'loss of connection', As I play the game they're will be a period anywhere between 1 or 5 minutes, where I watch other players walk in the same direction until I reconnect. I can't move items, and I can't open doors. When I reconnect, I initially see a yellow broken chain for maybe 10 seconds, followed by a red broken chain. 

I had allot of fun playing, and it seems like these issues only really started in the last month. I'm tempted to blame the patch, but my friends connections seem fine. It's not an issue of my internet as I talk over skype with them and there's never any loss of call. I'm sure that the issues are being dealt with, but after  what seems to be approaching the second moth of this issue, 

I can record this issue happening if that helps at all, but I think there's been enough evidence from the community to work with. Anyways, just another frustrated customer hoping to do more participation in the alpha!

The disturbing part for me is that I play with a group and they haven't been experiencing the same issue. In fact the person who plays in the same room as me has completely stable connection, but when we all join a server I encounter a 'session lost' window, or I deal with constant loss of connection.

To better illustrate the 'loss of connection', As I play the game they're will be a period anywhere between 1 or 5 minutes, where I watch other players walk in the same direction until I reconnect. I can't move items, and I can't open doors. When I reconnect, I initially see a yellow broken chain for maybe 10 seconds, followed by a red broken chain. 

I had allot of fun playing, and it seems like these issues only really started in the last month. I'm tempted to blame the patch, but my friends connections seem fine. It's not an issue of my internet as I talk over skype with them and there's never any loss of call. I'm sure that the issues are being dealt with, but after  what seems to be approaching the second moth of this issue, 

I can record this issue happening if that helps at all, but I think there's been enough evidence from the community to work with. Anyways, just another frustrated customer hoping to do more participation in the alpha!

As I stated above, it seems as if we have the same problem, I can't seem to figure it out though. Like you said there are other players I frequently play with that have never had this problem. Could it be something to do with battleeye timing out? A port not being open? I wish we would get some answers on how to possibly fix this issue as it is still a major problem with some.

deleted..

Edited by teiko