Sign in to follow this  
sondoor

will survival aspect of the game get better!?!?

There is almost no challenge of survival in this game its one reason why kos bandits are every where and its hardly a zombie game at all cause they are so few in number ....should be called hardcore team death match from call of duty and why is this new hunting and cooking thing even being made no one is going to bother taking the time to hunt and cook when 5 seconds after you kill an animal and cook it a bandit blows your brains out there goes 3 more hours of effort

Nah, the annoying part of the post is not that OP doesn't care about alpha, the disgusting thing is that this is 1000000th post with the same 3 sentences... Read. The. Damn. Forum.

• Like 1

Where are the "Alpher Alpher" and "stop whining bitch" posters?

Nah, the annoying part of the post is not that OP doesn't care about alpha, the disgusting thing is that this is 1000000th post with the same 3 sentences... Read. The. Damn. Forum.

Clam down guise. I got dis. ALPHER ALFA ALPHA 41PH3R.

• Like 3

Hello there

This all has been addressed before. Many times.

Zombies are a work in progress.

There will be many more mechanics put in place to give folk other things to concentrate on other than pure deathmatcing, althought there will always be an element of risk.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

If you are not some kind of dirty bastard, you dont ask your possible new girl friend for blow job on your first date. If you're lucky, you get nice kiss, whatever.

Same here. This game is like your new girl friend. Sex is somewhere there......You know...

But if you ARE dirty bastard :)...

There is almost no challenge of survival in this game

a bandit blows your brains out there goes 3 more hours of effort

Does anyone else detect the hypocrisy here ? Lets think about survival, You will head to a town or area you know or hope will contain resource to aid survival as will many others including KoS players so once you have stocked up, would you really set up camp there ? knowing that you could be jacked. No, you'd get your stuff (be it cooking utensils) and head off to a nice quiet area out of town. (hopefully base building will come to Dayz SA)

Zombies, despite being low in numbers are also a key point to watch. Quite a few can aggro you even at long distance or agro another player and give your position away alerting other players to your presence. Personally it would be more frustrating if the swarms were enormous, however I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that numbers were reduced for performance reasons and if they do increase them post ALPHA they need to fix the "moving through walls" glitching first. Otherwise it wouldn't take much for a small group of them to kill you!

Edited by cgz_uk
  • Like 2

Uhm why is the text editor mashing my text sizes up and putting large spacing in between sentences ? That needs fixing ;)

I think that Dayz nature (you know all the KOS and building looting at what not) would happen if there is really a zombie apocalypse. people would doubt each other. not all of course as some people are delighted to see a survivor.

Survival you say?

you seen Bear Gyrlls no? he eats, drink and avoids coldness. Exactly what dayz offered us for now. I'm lucky we aren't forced to find bugs and eat animal's eyes just because we cant find a can of beans

Yes agree with OP, more updates that push a harder base game are essential. Some of you guys missed the point., yes zombies increasing would help. But many other aspects of the game also push people towards KOS / bandit play style. For example,. weapons & ammo are too abundant, I think loot in general is far too abundant, especially with loot respawn coming into play, i think all food should be reduced by about 50% , i think water should have the risk of infection unless boiled.. More real zombie hordes. Zombies one single strike should infect you, or bring down to about 50% health. Zombies should be fatal if they scrape or bite. That is a proper walking dead zombie. Theyr too easy to just run up to and whack one time.

• Like 1

Yes agree with OP, more updates that push a harder base game are essential. Some of you guys missed the point., yes zombies increasing would help. But many other aspects of the game also push people towards KOS / bandit play style. For example,. weapons & ammo are too abundant, I think loot in general is far too abundant, especially with loot respawn coming into play, i think all food should be reduced by about 50% , i think water should have the risk of infection unless boiled.. More real zombie hordes. Zombies one single strike should infect you, or bring down to about 50% health. Zombies should be fatal if they scrape or bite. That is a proper walking dead zombie. Theyr too easy to just run up to and whack one time.

Loot is fairly broken right now, so it's hard to say what should be different.  If servers don't restart often, you won't find any food anywhere near the coast.  Servers that restart often tend to have too much loot.  There really isn't a way for it to be balanced with the current system.

The survival aspect of the game is what you make of it.  Without a huge amount of effort, you can be fully fed/hydrated, and have all kinds of guns and ammo.  If your goal is simply to survive, you can go live alone in the woods for near unlimited amounts of time.  The PVP aspect is what makes it scary.  Even if the zombies were more challenging, they wouldn't make your heart race like getting shot at by a player.  I don't think a balance between pvp/pve will ever happen by design, but the whole fun of the game is that it is what you make of it.  Sometimes I role play a bit, sometimes I go help fresh spawns, sometimes I shoot people in the back, you can do what you want.  Want a challenge?  Go in a big city on a 40 player server, see how long you can last.

Hello there

This all has been addressed before. Many times.

Zombies are a work in progress.

There will be many more mechanics put in place to give folk other things to concentrate on other than pure deathmatcing, althought there will always be an element of risk.

Rgds

LoK

As well as zombies I think the survival aspect of the game will be infinitely more difficult once disease and temperature are an issue.

• Like 2

Jogging simulator + Hunting simulator + Cooking simulator + Fishing Simulator + Camping simulator + Medicine simulator + Ballistics simulator = ?

= Fire Extinguisher Sax Simulator

• Like 1

I haven't died for a long time, even while i met a few people on my ways across the map.... actually surviving is far too easy at the moment... i can jog 10+ km without loosing my green healthy, energized and hydrated stats... if it changes, i just drink a can of soda or take a sip from my canteen and eat one time of a can.... and everythings fine again... thats not survivial, you would've to drink and eat all the time in that situation in reallife, but DayZ survivial is some kind of holiday trip at the moment, if you aren't stupid and get shot by bandits. "stupid", because in 99% you only get shot because you weren't careful, stealthy or fast enough.

Jogging simulator + Hunting simulator + Cooking simulator + Fishing Simulator + Camping simulator + Medicine simulator + Ballistics simulator = ?

That's exactly the point, to make it the most realistic survival/zombie survival game in history!! Ahahahaha!!

Maybe we should check to see if the search function still works.....

The guy bought the game, like the rest of us, and he wants his voice heard, not lost in somebody else's thread on 6th page. If that offends you, don't post, it's as easy as that.

That brings me to my question, does anyone have a link to a page where the devs have outlined what the final result of this game will be? Not talking about updates, but in their words what they think this game will feature, ie more zombies, less food and ammo, etc. find this and pin it, might reduce repetitive threads