Sign in to follow this  
kihz

Probably a lesser known glitch

I made a video about it and figured it would be a good idea to post it here in order to have a dev see it and add it to their long list of things to do.

Not sure if this is the wrong section (sue me if it is), I just wanted to get it out there so it can be added to be fixed.

The lesser known one imo is how to walk under water, while the 2 primary weapon one, I'm sure, is pretty well known.

Note: This is my first attempt at recording a video from a PC game. Also, I suck at commentating still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Dv8XpdG8s

Did u played on experimental? Everytime i swim while having gun/backpack on me my avatar drops the backpack and gun wich floating on the water then - didn't tried in 042 yet

That's a great quality vid - first time or not. Well done. :thumbsup:

Now do one where you get into a tight spot and barely escape with your life. Or kill some bandits. Should be easy, right? B)

That's a great quality vid - first time or not. Well done. :thumbsup:

Now do one where you get into a tight spot and barely escape with your life. Or kill some bandits. Should be easy, right? B)

I have a lot of that shit recorded, but I'm having problems with my settings.

I "acquired" DXTory, which is a $600 program for recording. So you'd expect that if people are willing to spend $600, they should be able to do whatever they want with it, right? WRONG! For whatever unknown reason, there isn't a simple option to make the program only record GAME AUDIO. It feels like the easiest thing to include, but instead, they decide to give you options of which speakers you want to record audio from, instead of which program. Sureeeeee, it can record the VIDEO of JUST DayZ, but FUCK THE AUDIO, YOU GET SKYPE/MUSIC/WHATEVER-THE-FUCK ELSE IN THE RECORDING.

So I thought about it. If I can get the DayZ audio to play through my speakers, then have the Skype play through my headset, I can use audio splitters to also send the speakers audio to my headset. Then turn down the speakers, but it will still record from them. Genius right? WRONG! It's ridiculous to set up. I got out of work at 6 PM, and I've been sitting here for 5 hours trying to make it work. I have a headache from the amount of audio spikes I've caused through my headset by combining the two wrong settings.

The problem lies in the fact that I record DayZ and my skype audio separate since I'm always playing with friends, and the videos will be a lot better with more people. But since DXTory (and fraps, tried that too) decide they have to over achieve and record my friends voices through skype with the game audio, I cant pair the two up because of the double voices, with the game one being lagged behind the Skype one.

I've resorted to accepting failure and hoping I can think of some way to fix this problem.

/rant

Edited by Kihz

Did u played on experimental? Everytime i swim while having gun/backpack on me my avatar drops the backpack and gun wich floating on the water then - didn't tried in 042 yet

No, this was regular. Your problem was you went in the ocean, while this is a pond.

Or it was a laggy server, because I too had that happen to me in the ocean.

Edited by Kihz

Your problem was you went in the ocean, while this is a pond.

I always check it on black lake near ship wreck - maybe that only happens on specific locations, pain in the ass to get the stuff back :)

I always check it on black lake near ship wreck - maybe that only happens on specific locations, pain in the ass to get the stuff back :)

Mine just spawned back on my character after like 10 seconds. Alpha game is alpha.

So let me get this right!

You torrented/stole someone work, and come on here bitching that it doesnt work correctly?

Dxtory works great and free from the source as well may I add =)
FYI: The licence is only $43.00 NZD not $600 as you claim! 

I prefer shadowplay now :P 
Just search youtube for some tuts on how to correctly set it up.

Edited by Fully
  • Like 1

well your intro was cool, good job.

Easily the best part of the video.

So let me get this right!

You torrented/stole someone work, and come on here bitching that it doesnt work correctly?

I prefer shadowplay now :P 

Just search youtube for some tuts on how to correctly set it up.

Lol.

I torrented a random Chinese, overpriced program like 90% of the people that have it did. It's also not stealing when you're the downloader. The person in the wrong is the uploader.

And I never knocked the video or recording quality. I'm complaining/venting about the audio recording issues.

Mine just spawned back on my character after like 10 seconds. Alpha game is alpha.

See how different that glitch is, mine r floating on the water then i have to push the items back to riverside until i can grab them - takes sometimes up to 10 minutes. But hey, i have no reason to step into the water - doin it once a new patch is up for testing purpose only. Thanks for Feedback kihz

FYI: The licence is only $43.00 NZD not $600 as you claim! 

I saw that cute little edit.

03028b2301658ed917a5bf5275a37b2f.png

b6d6f713ecc708df883e883c5f63d2cc.png

Suck it.

I torrented DXTory, which is normally a $600 program for recording.

You shouldn't incriminate yourself. You "acquired" DXTory, rather, but yeah it's a pretty mediocre recording software for the price, especially when compared to Fraps. And yes, to put woodlands camo onto your Mosin you spray paint it black or green then drag the opposite color onto the gun and select the "add" option, I assume you'll be able to do the same thing with the SKS and B95 now that they've added the paint recipes to it into the Experimental.

You shouldn't incriminate yourself. You "acquired" DXTory, rather, but yeah it's a pretty mediocre recording software for the price, especially when compared to Fraps. And yes, to put woodlands camo onto your Mosin you spray paint it black or green then drag the opposite color onto the gun and select the "add" option, I assume you'll be able to do the same thing with the SKS and B95 now that they've added the paint recipes to it into the Experimental.

Pretty sure the uploader is the one doing something illegal. I'm just someone who saw the program for free and downloaded it.

I enjoyed the vid as well. Great job for your first. By the way on Paypal that is JPY which is Japanese Yen not the Chinese Yuan. They both use the same symbol so its confusing but it says JPY next to the total. In USD that is 35.5$.

Pretty sure the uploader is the one doing something illegal. I'm just someone who saw the program for free and downloaded it.

By law your both doing something wrong lol you know how much the software costs and you downloaded it for free where are you in the USA dont get caught you guys have the worst copyright laws( well the best from a software companies stand point).

im not sure its a good thing showing people glitches like these report them on the tracker so the devs know doubt they will see ya vid mate.. Cause now if it dont get fixed i can see alot of people hiding there tent in this spot lol..

I have a lot of that shit recorded, but I'm having problems with my settings.

I "acquired" DXTory, which is a $600 program for recording. So you'd expect that if people are willing to spend $600, they should be......

Wait, what? I hope this is an exaggeration, i payed 25€ ... what!?? Just post me a PM it took me weeks to figure out the best settings for dxtory just

drop me a message with questions you might still have i'm happy to help out its not very user friendly.

Edit: saw your previous post. Chinese Yen =/ Japanese Yen! Just trying to help

I mean i new it if i spend 500 € on shit software :D

3600 Japanese yen =
35.5464 U.S. dollars
Edited by en1mal

Good job on posting it under general discussion.

I like how you said, "welcome back" at the start, followed by "this is my first video". Made me chuckle.

I like how you said, "welcome back" at the start, followed by "this is my first video". Made me chuckle.

My intro has been the same for so many previous videos lol. Force of habit.

Also, all I did was copy and paste the currency into google and that's what came up. My bad.

Hello there

Im closing this as it involves Pirating.

We cant have that im afraid.

Rgds

LoK