pacific_coast

apologists are delaying development.

Doesn't that pop up regard bugs and glitches rather than things that are not in game? Because that's all I think about while playing.

Read it again.  It's about three lines down.  Never mind, here I'll help you. Unfinished Features.  There.  

Read it again.  It's about three lines down.  Never mind, here I'll help you. Unfinished Features.  There.  

Unfinished features that cause glitches surely. And there is a difference between unfinished and not present. I'm merely suggesting ones I'd like implemented.

My quote wasn't pointed at you directly.  It was to point out that these threads, such as this one, are not constructive in helping out the flaws in the game.  It's just self entitled whiny people who assume that because they put money down that they have every right to complain even tho every time they start the game up they have this popping up every goddamn time.

iy8T7nQ.jpg

This has nothing to do with the thread!!! It's about the slow development!!

For a paid alpha I do think we aren't getting things we should. Like a ROAD MAP!! This is a key element so we actually have an idea of when things will come. All we need are LOOSE deadlines....

Anyway... Alpha is not an excuse... 

• Like 1

For a paid alpha I do think we aren't getting things we should. Like a ROAD MAP!! This is a key element so we actually have an idea of when things will come. All we need are LOOSE deadlines....

I posted a link to where you can see what is being worked on.   Read it, learn it and understand it.  And yes, it has everything to do with this thread and why there is slow development.  

Fuck sakes, can a mod please close this bitch thread down already.  My canteens are overflowing with tears.

Edited by Caboose187

Okay, I'll bite. My opinion on the development of DayZ:SA:

• If you're going to advertise a game as an alpha and throw alpha reminders into people's faces at every juncture, don't charge money for it until it's reached a level of maturity that will keep most players (for the most part) satisfied. This new method of charging people to test your game still seems ridiculous to me
  • If you're going to yell "ALFER" every time someone posts something that directly addresses a poor call of judgement, poor implementation of an idea, or poor communication from the developers to the public, you're not helping anyone, least of all the community you seem to defend so vehemently
  • Development seems to be very slow. If you're going to develop a game, remember, we're not your friends. Stop posting pictures of LAN parties, etc. This isn't going to help the public's opinion of your progress (especially when little to no progress has been made in the past month). Remember, we're your investors. We invested* in this product.
  • Server optimizations should come before adding fluff. I realize that it's been mentioned countless times that there are two teams working individually on bugs/optimizations and content, but it might be a better idea to release less "content" (if you really want to label sewing kits as such) and more optimizations

I guess that covers it. I don't feel that the moderators are biased, at least not LoK. I'm not an ass-kisser, trust me. Some of them are morons in my opinion, but I definitely wouldn't call them biased. I've seen a few of them disagree with things done by development.

@pacific_coast: You remind me of myself a few years ago. (; THAT IS A VERY BAD THING, STOP THE WEED.

in·vest·ment

inˈves(t)mənt/
noun

1. 1.
    the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

First paragraph is nonsense. You wasn't forced to buy anything. Infact as you purchased DayZ there was a huge sign saying why you shouldn't buy it. Shit game breaking bugs, almost unplayable, no content I'd advise you not to buy it.

'' If you're going to advertise a game as an Alpha ''

Why does it only apply on that foot?

'' If you're going to buy a game in Alpha ''

Don't be a hypocrite now...

Edited by PiercyBearZ
  • Like 1

For a paid alpha I do think we aren't getting things we should. Like a ROAD MAP!! This is a key element so we actually have an idea of when things will come. All we need are LOOSE deadlines....

DAYZ ROAD MAP

Alpha---->Beta---->Launch

Ironically I just recently posted from the DevTracker in a similar thread.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179807-reddit-rocket2guns-on-no-patch-today/?hl=roadmap

"This is occurring at the same time as us finishing our planning/roadmap process and starting up our new feature scrums."

If you are unsure about something the Devtracker is a really good place to check/search to find the latest information from the Dev's

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

Edited by Window Licker

First paragraph is nonsense. You wasn't forced to buy anything. Infact as you purchased DayZ there was a huge sign saying why you shouldn't buy it. Shit game breaking bugs, almost unplayable, no content I'd advise you not to buy it.

'' If you're going to advertise a game as an Alpha ''

Why does it only apply on that foot?

'' If you're going to buy a game in Alpha ''

Don't be a hypocrite now...

Where did I mention I was forced to buy it? I'm confused here...

Even though his delivery was a tad lacking, this is the exact type of attitude OP is attempting to address. You fall under bullet #2 of my list. After logging almost 600 hours into this ALPHA, the aforementioned points I made stand firm.

It's a money grab, bro. Plain and simple. Paying for a game that's an alpha is a plain-and-simple grab for cash. I'll rescind this statement if/when DayZ makes it to retail.

Even though his delivery was a tad lacking, this is the exact type of attitude OP is attempting to address. You fall under bullet #2 of my list. After logging almost 600 hours into this ALPHA, the aforementioned points I made stand firm.

It's a money grab, bro. Plain and simple. Paying for a game that's an alpha is a plain-and-simple grab for cash. I'll rescind this statement if/when DayZ makes it to retail.

Hahahahaha, As you can see 4 posts. Don't play that much. I'll play a bit more when the update goes stable. The stroppy, I want, I want teenager just oozes out of your last post.

Like a big baby, '' Money Grab, Plain and simple '' Stupid or just a moron. Pick one.

:D

Edited by PiercyBearZ
  • Like 1

Hahahahaha, As you can see 4 posts. Don't play that much. I'll play a bit more when the update goes stable. The stroppy, I want, I want teenager just oozes out of your last post.

Like a big baby, '' Money Grab, Plain and simple '' Stupid or just a moron. Pick one.

:D

Right. Calling other people names is infinitely more mature, eh? I haven't called you or anyone else here anything, because we're all entitled to our opinions. However, with each post you make (keep going, you're half way to 10!), you're further proving the statement I've made regarding fanboy-ism becoming more and more prominent around here.

Voicing my opinion that paying to access a game in alpha status =/= immaturity. I play the game. I love the game. The game is currently pretty boring, but it's to be expected as we wait for new content. Guess what? You're actually allowed to disagree with the way the game is developed from time to time, as that's the entire fucking reason we're here, bro.

• Like 1

Even though his delivery was a tad lacking, this is the exact type of attitude OP is attempting to address. You fall under bullet #2 of my list. After logging almost 600 hours into this ALPHA, the aforementioned points I made stand firm.

Wait..... did I just read that right?

You paid 30 bucks for 600 hours of entertainment?! Talk about a cash-grab. Man, I'd hate to see how mad u get at the movie theatre.

• Like 3

Right. Calling other people names is infinitely more mature, eh? I haven't called you or anyone else here anything, because we're all entitled to our opinions. However, with each post you make (keep going, you're half way to 10!), you're further proving the statement I've made regarding fanboy-ism becoming more and more prominent around here.

Voicing my opinion that paying to access a game in alpha status =/= immaturity. I play the game. I love the game. The game is currently pretty boring, but it's to be expected as we wait for new content. Guess what? You're actually allowed to disagree with the way the game is developed from time to time, as that's the entire fucking reason we're here, bro.

Didn't read more than a few words, You are stupid if you believe '' Cash grab, nothing more '' and if you don't but just spout it anyway. That's where the moron applies. Sorry if the truth hurts but its errmmm true? :beans:

Actually I don't think you can complain about anything with the caveat we had when we bought the game. It almost begged you not to buy it, but you did and it was just as shit as the sign said. :D

Will be a great game one day and till then either laugh or cry but dont go cray cray.  :lol:

• Like 2

I play the game. I love the game. The game is currently pretty boring

Multiple personalities? :P

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Not: WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE PURCHASE IT TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT BUY GIVING US YOUR MONEY

tldr = i wish people would keep it real, stop being tryhards and fanboys and actually talk about what could make the game better

Me too. But there are a lot of people who want instant gratification. who think it takes a week to fix any problem, or even less. That dont understand the first lick about game development, or what an early alpha is. The complaining about 'why cant we have XYZ or why is ABC not in yet?', only has one simple answer. The game is in alpha. It is not finished yet. It is being built. Your assumption grossly overestimates the quality of the uninformed majority, and disrespects the professionals who are building the game. You call it whining fanboyism, but is it? Be careful who you defend on the internet. A company that specializes in making a video game most likely knows a hell of a lot more how to go about it, and what the priority are than some dipshit on the internet wanting whatever he thinks is a priority that afternoon.

Posts like yours are even worse. Because although you have the capacity for analytically thought you dont actually apply it in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

Didn't read more than a few words, You are stupid if you believe '' Cash grab, nothing more '' and if you don't but just spout it anyway. That's where the moron applies. Sorry if the truth hurts but its errmmm true? :beans:

Actually I don't think you can complain about anything with the caveat we had when we bought the game. It almost begged you not to buy it, but you did and it was just as shit as the sign said. :D

Will be a great game one day and till then either laugh or cry but dont go cray cray.  :lol:

The posts from this man hurts my eyes.. Please leave I beg you

I dont see where you get the snails pace of development. Compared to many games the development is very speedy.

I completely agree. Most of the needless whining is because people have unrealistic expectations about how long it really takes to make even small changes and additions to the game. I appreciate the entirety of your post Orlok, but really this is the part that stuck out to me.

Edited by Judopunch
  • Like 1

Here's the thing. Shit breaks when you add new code. Things that no one expects to break, too, no matter how hard you try to vet it out and prevent it from happening. It happens all the time, even with large software companies. Then it takes time to figure out why. Then it takes time to re-write code to fix it. Then it takes time to test that you didn't break something else by fixing that one thing. And then you find out that you probably did break something else and then you're figuring out why that broke, and on and on you go. It's not rocket science, but it's complex enough and time consuming enough to work through this stuff, especially in early stage development when you're constantly adding new features. It's been, what? A month and a bit since the last stable release? I wish the devs I worked with were that quick. So, call me an apologist, but I've seen this process and know how ugly it can be. 

I also see comments about "They got their money and now they don't care". This is ludicrous to me. Most of the guys working on this aren't going to make millions. They have to find another job when this is done. It's a lot easier to do that when you're associated with a successful project than a shitty one where everyone gave up and wasted a ton of money. Especially if it's a very public project like this one. People are motivated to put out a good product, because their next job is riding on it.

• Like 1

I can't agree with this at all, not when they do everything in their power to convince you not to buy it. It's far too early for "if" statements.

Not only did they try to convince you not to buy it, but your purchase also includes the full, completed version.

Essentially its a discounted pre-order in which you can be a part of the development. Win-win in my book.

Edited by solodude23

I can't agree with this at all, not when they do everything in their power to convince you not to buy it. It's far too early for "if" statements.

Not only did they try to convince you not to buy it, but your purchase also includes the full, completed version.

Essentially its a discounted pre-order in which you can be a part of the development. Win-win in my book.

That's why I reserve the right to rescind my comment if it makes it to retail. (; To be absolutely clear, I've gotten $30 worth from this game already, however, I'd hazard a guess that most of the people who bought it didn't. If the game makes it to a final release, those people can return and play the game they bought many moons before with a 50% discount. But, if for some reason it doesn't make it to release, they're SOL. With the convenient disclaimer, Bohemia Interactive needn't worry about people complaining because, well, WE WARNJA!

Slapping a disclaimer on the Steam Store and one in-game is just a convenient way to cover one's ass. Imagine if retail stores worked in this fashion. I can see the rioting now!

• Like 1

Unfortunately you can't change people, you can only change yourself and I understand your perspective clearly.

I think all we really need is just "more zombies" that have more variety than the ones from the mod.

That's why I reserve the right to rescind my comment if it makes it to retail. (; To be absolutely clear, I've gotten $30 worth from this game already, however, I'd hazard a guess that most of the people who bought it didn't. If the game makes it to a final release, those people can return and play the game they bought many moons before with a 50% discount. But, if for some reason it doesn't make it to release, they're SOL. With the convenient disclaimer, Bohemia Interactive needn't worry about people complaining because, well, WE WARNJA!

Slapping a disclaimer on the Steam Store and one in-game is just a convenient way to cover one's ass. Imagine if retail stores worked in this fashion. I can see the rioting now!

For $30 I'd say everyone got their monies worth. Even if by some crazy turn of events it never made it to release (which would be darn near impossible at this point) it was still well worth the 30 bucks.

Every bug fixed and feature added from now on is just icing on the cake.