Sign in to follow this  
Jex

Green Mountain - Develop IT!

I was disappointed to find that on our travels to explore the map, Green Mountain had been left untouched pretty much. That huge radio tower just screams of having more too it (i'd say an underground bunker for one) but surely after all the forum posts and the myth we all developed they'd have done something with it - so do it now and make it better!

• Like 9

I know right? have some beans :)

I would say they should probably fix the MASSIVE issues with the engine first... But after that, when they are about to get out of beta, i completly agree. I hope to see them put some like fallout style lore in this game. Not exactly quests, but maybe like some puzzles or safes to crack.

I fully agree. It needs more! such an iconic location that draws new players like a beacon. What a let down it must be when they arrive. The ability to explore the upper reaches of the tower is a must and if they dont make a zip line on it I will cry like a new born.

The compund needs expanding to include maybe  as said before an underground section or a larger compund. A button in that tower could give a recorded message about the infection.

Oh and dont go there... unless you want me to strip you naked and make you dance. :lol:

• Like 2

I would like to see some depth to structures. Maybe missile silo's or a submarine Naval base somewhere on the coast.

I would say they should probably fix the MASSIVE issues with the engine first... 

Agreed, but you do realize its not the same people working on the engine code and the terrain right? :)

So basicly it could be made at the same time, exactly as we see new items, new towns and engine upgrades at the same time.

+1

Give Green Mountain the lovin' it deserves :D

• Like 1

Yeah after all UKB-76? Or anyway the most famous russian number station when it moved location, some urban explorers expored the site and it had a radio tower and under it was a large bunker about 10-20m deep and they found there a log of recording proving that was where it used to be, stuff like that would be awesome in Dayz.

Yeah after all UKB-76? Or anyway the most famous russian number station when it moved location, some urban explorers expored the site and it had a radio tower and under it was a large bunker about 10-20m deep and they found there a log of recording proving that was where it used to be, stuff like that would be awesome in Dayz.

ohhh I saw the post on that place and the pics are awesome - pretty creepy stuff right there.

Agreed, but you do realize its not the same people working on the engine code and the terrain right? :)

So basicly it could be made at the same time, exactly as we see new items, new towns and engine upgrades at the same time.

+1

Give Green Mountain the lovin' it deserves :D

Yep the artists don't fix bugs AND they're still working on the map to include two cherno sized cities up north. Green Mountain will curse the ENTIRE development team if this isn't done!!!! (It also now demands a sacrifice of a corrupt, scumbag politician or grossly overpaid banker/corporate director).

Edited by Jexter

naa my great great grandparents were sooners and settled in the high grass plains just west Cheyenne - sadly we are the great invaders. in all fairness we do have one Cherokee in the family and my brothers and I represent a 1/16th mix, so there's that.

• Like 1

naa my great great grandparents were sooners and settled in the high grass plains just west Cheyenne - sadly we are the great invaders. in all fairness we do have one Cherokee in the family and my brothers and I represent a 1/16th mix, so there's that.

No that's what comes up when I google UKB-76?

LOL what is UKB-76?

I would say they should probably fix the MASSIVE issues with the engine first... But after that, when they are about to get out of beta, i completly agree. I hope to see them put some like fallout style lore in this game. Not exactly quests, but maybe like some puzzles or safes to crack.

Surprisingly enough the mappers aren't working on ironing out bugs and are free to do things like this, although I think they're mainly working on developing the north section of the map right now.

If you were recording an album and there was a problem with the drum track, you wouldn't ask the guitarists to sort it out would you? :)

No that's what comes up when I google UKB-76?

LOL what is UKB-76?

oh I see - someone posted the correction and its a reference to one the more famous "numbers stations" out of old soviet union

I was disappointed to find that on our travels to explore the map

one does not simply explore Green Mountain