GriefSlicer (DayZ)

The reason why you shouldn't use a Ruger 10/22 for PVP

Hey guys I have just make a short video on a PVP situation that I had with a Ruger 10/22. As many people have been discussing the Ruger 10/22 is absolutely under powered and in reality someone should die from 2-5 shots with a Ruger 10/22, but instead it is a whole different story.

What is your guys opinion on this? Should the damage of the .22 rifle be buffed to match the real life statistic or should they leave it as a standard hunting rifle?

• Like 1

Hey guys I would just like to share with you a short video showing an example of why you should NOT use the Ruger 10/22 Rifle as a PVP weapon, because as of now it is absolute junk. 

Yeah okay but why was your friend doing the wall exploit to tell you he was coming..?

• Like 1

Yeah okay but why was your friend doing the wall exploit to tell you he was coming..?

Because they haven't bothered fixing it since launch. I use it too.

• Like 1

have you ever heard of footsteps my friend?

DayZ Hardcore all the way

No it should be a hunting weapon for small game(pigs, rabbits, ETC)

Edited by IG Rage
  • Like 1

i agree but still any weapon should be able to 1 hit with a headshot in my opinion.

I think the 10/22 should be massively under powered with multiple mags being expended before the target drops in theory. However there should be a massive multiplier for Head shots and kneecapping should work just as well as a 357.

Yea, that does seem a bit weak. Headshots should be a one hit kill in my opinion; in real life, it sure as heck is. Bod, well, I think it should depend on how much clothes you have on; vest, jacket, etc. If you only have a tee on, well, a 2-3 shots should do the trick.

Edited by Princess Dookie

Don't bring a toy gun to a gunfight

Edited by stuligin
  • Like 2

Please don't crosspost.

.22LR isn't a guaranteed 1 shot kill to the head in real life.

Multiple layers of tough clothing (heavy coats or any Cordura) have been known to limit penetration to a couple of inches, so you need to get a clean heart, lung or artery hit to incapacitate a human opponent.

its more a feature than an exploit at the moment.

Yep..the bullets just ricochet off you even when you're naked...got hit with one IRL and it didn't bother me...an airsoft pellet hurts more.

Oh ya thats what you need to do, tell people .22lr doesn't hurt when it hits ya lol .... you hoping some people try it and natural selection takes its course?   btw 1200 fps from a .22lr > 400 fps from an airsoft :P

Oh ya thats what you need to do, tell people .22lr doesn't hurt when it hits ya lol .... you hoping some people try it and natural selection takes its course?   btw 1200 fps from a .22lr > 400 fps from an airsoft :P

I should have add *sarcasm mode on*  <_<

At least we seem to share that opinion about .22 LR not hurting ;)   An airsoft gun will hurt more and penetrate deeper if you use steel balls because they are harder according to weekend warrior logic...  :rolleyes:

Edited by Enforcer

Because they haven't bothered fixing it since launch. I use it too.

They haven't bothered fixing teleporting, speed hacking, ESP, and invisibility either. You doing those too? You teach those to your son too?

• Like 2

I saw an army veteran write something about this on Reddit.

He wrote that if you carry a 9mm or smaller, your only way of killing someone is, a) shooting them in the head, b) shooting them in the spine, c) shoot them until there's no more blood left in their body.

And also, you don't even know if you hit him.

I should have add *sarcasm mode on*  <_<

At least we seem to share that opinion about .22 LR not hurting ;)   An airsoft gun will hurt more and penetrate deeper if you use steel balls because they are harder according to weekend warrior logic...  :rolleyes:

LOL @Enforcer I was about to rip into ya too until I saw you qualified it with sarcasm mode on!  With sarcasm added to your post, I agree completely!

I saw an army veteran write something about this on Reddit.

He wrote that if you carry a 9mm or smaller, your only way of killing someone is, a) shooting them in the head, B) shooting them in the spine, c) shoot them until there's no more blood left in their body.

And also, you don't even know if you hit him.

Maybe the guy really was a vet, maybe not, but newsflash just because you're in the Army doesn't make you a weapons expert...   22 rounds tumble wildly after entering the body and can move great distances up/down/to the sides, so one shot could do enough damage to shred the lungs or even take out the heart.  Also, there's a difference between stopping and killing.  A 22 won't kill as easily, but unless you're on drugs, drunk, or a raging psycho the pain response of getting shot will slow you down a bit.  (yes, of course it's still possible to move after getting shot, but probably not real well with 5-10 22 bullets having shredded your center mass... which in game should assure a kill)

yeah, its probably ment for hunting, but yes it looks like its a bit underpowered. however the silence is a advantage. If you are up on a tower or whatever there might be a chance that the player you are shooting at wont find you. due to its silence.

yeah, its probably ment for hunting, but yes it looks like its a bit underpowered. however the silence is a advantage. If you are up on a tower or whatever there might be a chance that the player you are shooting at wont find you. due to its silence.

Judging from the video there also seem to be a good chance he will never know he is being shot at as well.

If you mean like sniper camping in Elektro on those industrials or from sniper hill i doubt they will have that much effect let alone be able to hit unless they have a high powered rifle. The .22 LR does have a limited effective distance and would be the worst choice for our KoSing snipers. In close engagements ( in it's effective range ) i bet it can hold it's ground against other calibers. And as i said, you don't want to be hit with any caliber...EVER...unless it's in a videogame where you magically heal in seconds or by eating a cow...

Edited by Enforcer

Yeah I've gotten in fights with it and it takes a good 20 shots at least to the chest to kill. Will be ok for hunting but not many people will even want to pick it up if they have access to anything else. Not to mention the clips are not super common.

Edited by raezion420