smrtrthanavgbear

electricity

I have not yet gotten the game, but i have read enough to be familiar with it. So, as a suggestion, they should add some electrical items. No hateful comments, and i have searched electricity, i'm only adding to it. Plus, the only reason for not getting game as of yet is because it's in alpha, which means lack of content! As of next week, i will have owned the game.

potential electrical items:

-spotlights(attract zombies)

-generators

-wires(only attachable to walls)

-current(to attach to metal items/buildings to electrocute players) 

-nothing else

potential tools to carry out said actions:

-wire clips

-some sort of nail gun for wire

generator must be crafted out of:

-wire/metal from any object

-engine parts

-spark plug

-nothing else

• Like 2

I think finding a generator that conducts electricity should be doable, but I think they should focus on that after they have survival, physics and cars and all that shit in game.  Like maybe something to worry about after base building is almost done.  But it would be cool to even use electricity off a car battery.

• Like 3

Are you saying that you could attach a metal object to a building so players inside would get an electric shock?

• Like 2

Yep, I think electricity would be best introduced with just diesel/ petrol generators for starters to keep everything in camp/ base running like fridges, electric ovens, floodlights, other lights, heaters, ham radios all of which you could find and haul back with great expense to your inventory.

Things like fridges, furniture and generators themselves would require amounts of space that is provided only by vehicles.

These things should be relatively unremovable once placed to provide camps with a safer atmosphere where some things you work for are hard to steal (hopefully making people more open to letting strangers in their camp).

I feel electricity should be very very late game though, 95% of player made places should have nothing more than a permanent fire pit and a couple bags under a tree.

• Like 2

Someone suggested lighting up the towns and someone suggested radio towers to connect walkie talkies yeah those could need some electricity

As to add another suggestion, some items be created with batteries/car batteries

Suggestions for batteries:

-red dot scopes

-heat sensors(probably not)

-tazer

-C4

Suggestions for car batteries:

-radar

-electronic locks

-antennas ( for long ranged communication )

-radio/record player (for mood)

All of this will be extremely late game of course, but none allow a "god mode" type of superiority over one another

Other possible suggestions for electrical uses

More uses for batteries:

-trackers (for cars)

-watches

Use for car battery

-camera

-TV

(Very very OP electronics, camera must have wire connection to TV)

Types of generators:

-windmills

-solar

(All of which would give away your position)

Wires:

1 type, must be connected on floor/wall

And yah, what Valtsu said, connecting electrical grids of towns, and radio towers to broadcast, all of which gives away your position

Do you know anything about electricity and how it works?

1 type, must be connected on floor/wall

Umm... what?

Wires, if done improperly, it could be exactly like ropes in Gary's Mod, absolutely everywhere, stretching from place to place to impossible distances

Wires, if done improperly, it could be exactly like ropes in Gary's Mod, absolutely everywhere, stretching from place to place to impossible distances

Exactly like Gary's mod...? Impossible distances...? Wat...?

Play Garry's Mod, ropes can stretch for entire maps, never touching the ground or dipping ever, and if given the rope tool on any server, ropes are placed absolutely everywhere!!

I am fairly certain that these things are pretty much confirmed already, considering the plan originally was having to store blood in fridges if you want to keep them useable in the future.

Thing about that is, that it can't be added as long as there is no petrol system with Jerry Cans and Fueltanks in place, as that would be necessary to be there if you want to keep powering your generator. And we're not talking about the way the mod has done it, that you can get infinite amounts out of the fueltanks - it would have to be a more refined system.

I am sure all of these things will come down the road, it's just a long time to go until then.

... why did you resurrect this thread from the long dead?

nice to see they implemented suggestions from the forum tho

3 hours ago, SoWeMeetAgain said:

... why did you resurrect this thread from the long dead?

nice to see they implemented suggestions from the forum tho

It was a spambot.

I'll just close this, and let sleeping cars lie.