Death By Crowbar

How do you deal with zombies?

Zombies - do you kill, kite, or avoid them? Here's what I've found.

1. When I first started (before I knew double run was faster) I would always try to fight them, even bare handed. What a sad hopeless newb I was (and probably still am).
  2. However, then when I learned hitting "w" twice made me run twice as fast, I started to flee from or kite them. When I say "kite" I mean run in a loop where they get tired and lose interest far away but you end up back where they originally were and like magic no zombie to deal with! Sometimes I'd kite hoards of zombies out of cities so I could loot uninterupted.
  3. However, once I realized how weak zombies were against strafing and weapons such as the two axes - I started killing them, every single one I could find, for fun because there's little to no risk once you have an axe (regardless of type).

That's my evolution. If I have no weapon now, I avoid or kite them. If I have an axe weapon (or sometimes a baseball bat or fire extinguisher and I'm feeling motivated) I'll kill them all.

What's your approach?

• Like 1

I try to be friendly to them, give them food and guns, but they just keep attacking me for some reason. Damn KoS zombies. I think we should remove hands from the game.

Edit: I actually had a funnier response in mind, but I became hypnotized by omgwtfbbq's signature.

Edited by Valadain
  • Like 6

Runyoufools.jpg

Big Axe, Strafe Right, Plant Axe in Face.

• Like 1

4. I try mediation. Even the rotting undead have feelings and currently there is no way of facilitating *their* concerns. We need some sort of outreach centre or rehabilitation programme. After all it's the end of the world and they're going to be feeling confused, anxious and a little bit dead. Like all conflicts, the path back to harmony is by engaging in constructive dialogue.

I get eaten every time.

• Like 1

I usually meet them in a dark alley after the sun has set.

They give me the money, i give them the brains.

Sometimes they stay a little longer to talk about their miserable deaths and I give them some extra brain to build up my reputation.

But these sucker rarely come back.

Its hard dealing with zombies - they act all clumsy and have poor hygiene. Especially the females.

• Like 3

22 to the head. Quite and passes the time way up north.

I beat them to death with my bare fists once you get the hang of KOing them it's pretty easy just don't fight more then one. I don't pick a fight with them, but if they are stopping me from a good loot spot Tyson here I come.

Melee to the face in first person. Usually kills them in one or two hits with a weapon.

Full server and no loot = run

Full server with loot = fire axe to the head (quick and clean and move on)

Empty server with loot or not = practice my marksmanship if I have ammo

most fun is the baseball bat vs zombiehead.( i m waiting for ragdollphysics and a nice hill :D)

im not a sadistic but the sound of this together with the animation let me laugh like one XD

its so funny

If I'm in a populated area, kill as far out of sight as possible (silently).

Loot close, but probably no players, Axe/bat/fist'em whereever.

Anywhere else, meh, I'm quicker....

i have previously kited as many as i could around before spending 15 mins trying to lose them inside a building. it eventually worked haha.

1. When I first started (before I knew double run was faster) I would always try to fight them, even bare handed. What a sad hopeless newb I was (and probably still am).
  2. However, then when I learned hitting "w" twice made me run twice as fast, I started to flee from or kite them. When I say "kite" I mean run in a loop where they get tired and lose interest far away but you end up back where they originally were and like magic no zombie to deal with! Sometimes I'd kite hoards of zombies out of cities so I could loot uninterupted.
  3. However, once I realized how weak zombies were against strafing and weapons such as the two axes - I started killing them, every single one I could find, for fun because there's little to no risk once you have an axe (regardless of type).

That's my evolution. If I have no weapon now, I avoid or kite them. If I have an axe weapon (or sometimes a baseball bat or fire extinguisher and I'm feeling motivated) I'll kill them all.

What's your approach?

Thought you left the game. Guess you feel better after all your recent crying and ranting.

Thank you, Baby Jesus... thank you. Thank you so very much for keeping him with us. Thank you.

If I could hit like I can hit in the game IRL I'd be a boxing superstar - fists FTW!  

As soon as I find an axe, it's axe FTW!

• Like 1

Kill them as soon as possible, even if this meaning using your fists, because zombie aggro is the equivalent of a flare in highlighting your position to other players.

Avoid if possible when in dangerous areas. Killing them can make noise and draw attention. Leaving them standing there creates false sense of security in other players. If they go aggro, use an axe only- gunfire near bases and big cities is bad news.

Run of the mill towns? Axe to face.

Empty server, no one around? Target practice.

My friend and I like to confuse them but strafing XD So fun to watch their little snarling heads consider which of us to attack :)

What's your approach?

On exp. I do the same.. on stable, I somewhat am able to sneak around them. Not avoiding, just staying under their radar.