Frothyboot18

Pistols and mags

Please spawn pistols with their appropriate mags, to make pistols more of an option in the game, atm, pistols are only treated as a secondary weapon... Pistols and mags should be more abundant in cities... Or finding a chest holster with a pistol and mag in it... But no bullets...

I'm sure that at some point when gun spawning is lowered pistols will come a good option to use as a primary weapon, IF rifles will get harder to find.

• Like 3

I'm sure that at some point when gun spawning is lowered pistols will come a good option to use as a primary weapon, IF rifles will get harder to find.

I agree with this comment.  I don't think pistols should be easier to find.  Nor do I think magazines and bullets for them should be easy to find.  I especially don't think they should be found together.  Unless they make finding rifles and parts for them along with their ammo much rarer to find, pistols should also be rare.  However, I agree that it's a little odd that you're more likely to find an SKS than a .45.

I don't, more civillian gun owners (farmers/hunters) own rifles/shotguns and have no use for handguns

• Like 1

you do know its hard for new players to find guns even for me i had to look in 4 high loot towns in the north just to find a blaze double rifle

you think its easy becouse you have been playing for a long time

I think the some pistols should spawn with a mag. Something like:

20% spawn without mag

70% spawn with empty mag

10% spawn with mag w/ bullets

• Like 3

I don't, more civillian gun owners (farmers/hunters) own rifles/shotguns and have no use for handguns

I didn't even think of that, farm houses and villages should most definitely have hunting rifles and shotguns. But finding shotguns and rifles from every other house is just absurd. 

BTW: Farm houses shouldn't spawn pistols but I think they should spawn revolvers.

you do know its hard for new players to find guns even for me i had to look in 4 high loot towns in the north just to find a blaze double rifle

you think its easy becouse you have been playing for a long time

You have no idea how many villages I have looted just for a mosin without success. Damn SKS's everywhere!

Edited by Zjasuu

I didn't even think of that, farm houses and villages should most definitely have hunting rifles and shotguns. But finding shotguns and rifles from every other house is just absurd.

BTW: Farm houses shouldn't spawn pistols but I think they should spawn revolvers.

You have no idea how many villages I have looted just for a mosin without success. Damn SKS's everywhere!

Now mind you with the world going to hell in a hand basket you would find many things out of place from the norm due to looting and people going to ground and stock piling.

Personally I would prefer to see the majority of buildings have less items but in better condition(areas looters haven't hit), some random building stock piled with decent stuff and overrun by infected(safe houses that have been overrun/abandoned) and quite a few "lootable container" bodies that will have weapons and supplies to aid in survival but mostly in bad condition. Would help the environment to feel like something happened before you arrived as opposed to the entire population became infected overnight.

Edited by akafugitive

Oh.... Im sorry.... Its my opinion... And suggestion. I for one always keep my gun with a mag, when i store it away, i keep an empty mag inserted, and have a full mag beside it.... Why? For one thing, a gun without a mag has a higher chance of getting dirt or dust inside, causing a misfire, but i keep a full mag close by the gun in case i need it. So i find it very peculiar to find a pistol without a mag, even if you empty out your last mag during use, you keep the last mag in... I dont even know what my point is now. Hahahaha in all honesty, i dont want guns to be rare, i want it all over the place, i love having to always check corners and snipers, the fear of getting shot... Some people just want a "the sims" open world version... Where they can nurture their char to the end of days... I for one would like to fight for my survival

Oh.... Im sorry.... Its my opinion... And suggestion. I for one always keep my gun with a mag, when i store it away, i keep an empty mag inserted, and have a full mag beside it.... Why? For one thing, a gun without a mag has a higher chance of getting dirt or dust inside, causing a misfire, but i keep a full mag close by the gun in case i need it. So i find it very peculiar to find a pistol without a mag, even if you empty out your last mag during use, you keep the last mag in... I dont even know what my point is now. Hahahaha in all honesty, i dont want guns to be rare, i want it all over the place, i love having to always check corners and snipers, the fear of getting shot... Some people just want a "the sims" open world version... Where they can nurture their char to the end of days... I for one would like to fight for my survival

In regards to pistols in Australia it is (being serious here) ILLEGAL to store a magazine loaded due to government BS. A speedloader for a revolver is ok as it is seen as an ammo holder but a semi auto mag for a pistol is a no-no. Also Ammo must be stored separately (often with some vital parts like a bolt for a bolt action or the slide for a semi-pistol). It isn't that unusual to me because i've lived with it but i can see how it would annoy people from the US and so on. Just assume that Chernarus is a bit like us, 

• Like 1

Please spawn pistols with their appropriate mags, to make pistols more of an option in the game, atm, pistols are only treated as a secondary weapon... Pistols and mags should be more abundant in cities... Or finding a chest holster with a pistol and mag in it... But no bullets...

I like how they spawn, finding the pistol but the mag in the other side of the citi. I think primary weapons should be like that or even rarer ad rarer ammo with a chance of finding a semi loaded mag, an empty mag ond very little chance of full mag

• Like 1

In regards to pistols in Australia it is (being serious here) ILLEGAL to store a magazine loaded due to government BS. A speedloader for a revolver is ok as it is seen as an ammo holder but a semi auto mag for a pistol is a no-no. Also Ammo must be stored separately (often with some vital parts like a bolt for a bolt action or the slide for a semi-pistol). It isn't that unusual to me because i've lived with it but i can see how it would annoy people from the US and so on. Just assume that Chernarus is a bit like us, 

government logic, you have a pistol beside your bed to defend yourself, better tell the robber whos not listening to the law for some reason(since aparently is surprising that crimminals break the law) to wait while you load your magazine and proceed to shoot him

• Like 2

I agree with this comment.  I don't think pistols should be easier to find.  Nor do I think magazines and bullets for them should be easy to find.  I especially don't think they should be found together.  Unless they make finding rifles and parts for them along with their ammo much rarer to find, pistols should also be rare.  However, I agree that it's a little odd that you're more likely to find an SKS than a .45.

The SKS is incredibly popular with farmers/hunters everywhere, even in the U.S.

I'm not sure either a brand-new $1,000 FNX-45 handgun (released in 2012!) or a Kimber 1911 are going to be more popular in a rural, post-soviet state. If they added a Tokarev TT-33, Makarov PM and/or a Nagant M1895 (hopefully all three), then I can see them spawning more in larger cities, over guns like the SKS/Mosin, but farms would probably have good mixes of everything.

I do think the models for the 1911 & FNX are incredibly sexy, though. No denying that, even how out of place they may be.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

The SKS is incredibly popular with farmers/hunters everywhere, even in the U.S.

I'm not sure either a brand-new $1,000 FNX-45 handgun (released in 2012!) or a Kimber 1911 are going to be more popular in a rural, post-soviet state. If they added a Tokarev TT-33, Makarov PM and/or a Nagant M1895 (hopefully all three), then I can see them spawning more in larger cities, over guns like the SKS/Mosin, but farms would probably have good mixes of everything.

I do think the models for the 1911 & FNX are incredibly sexy, though. No denying that, even how out of place they may be.

Yeah, I think people are confused about just how much more common rifles are in general. And cheaper too. Particularly military surplus rifles. Or how many people keep scopes on their rifles.

I'd honestly expect to find far more scoped rifles and shotguns more than anything else in rural areas and handguns in more urban areas. People don't want realism. They want the game they want.

I like how they spawn, finding the pistol but the mag in the other side of the citi. I think primary weapons should be like that or even rarer ad rarer ammo with a chance of finding a semi loaded mag, an empty mag ond very little chance of full mag

It just doesn't make any sense. Either it is being stored and should have magazines with it or it was dropped. If it was dropped, in death, it would have a magazine, possibly with bullets in it. If it was dropped for lack of ammo, it would have an empty magazine in it. Probably a few other empties as well. I'm not sure why anyone would drop the gun but then carry the empty magazines tot he other side of the city just to drop one there, then presumably head to an entirely other city to drop another?

The one scenario that might play out here is if the gun were broken or if someone already came upon the gun and took the magazine (presumably because they have a pistol of the same type). But as we are the survivors, it should be us that does this, not some invisible NPC.

government logic, you have a pistol beside your bed to defend yourself, better tell the robber whos not listening to the law for some reason(since aparently is surprising that crimminals break the law) to wait while you load your magazine and proceed to shoot him

Actually for a shoot to be justifiable (at least that's what i've heard then i found some gov document that i can't find the source for) there must be equal and opposite force. Therefore the process goes:

1. Do they have a gun? if not that you can't shoot 'em.

2. have they seen you? if not then the police want a call.

3. If they have seen you have they fired? if not then you can't shoot 'em.

4. Ok they shot at you, now you can go to where you store your firearms in an approved safe, unlock it, open it, pull out firearm of choice (assume a semi auto pistol w/o slide according to the regulations), attach slide, load magazine, insert mag, rack slide. Now you can shoot them.

It's simpler with a revolver (you can keep speed loaders loaded) but you are still screwed because them firing at you means that they want to kill you, and they know where you are. Fumbling with that sh*t in the dark will get you killed. I did hear about a document allowing the process to be simpler in my state but i can't find it.

EDIT: 1024th post.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

At the moment they aren't focusing on balancing loot spawning. Use the magnum, doesn't need magazines, once you find 1 or 2 fnx mags then go looking for that gun. 

Right now it seems like most people who had guns removed all the magazines from the premises, went down the street and threw them into ditches and hedgerows, never to be found again.

Logical? No.

If we want to make sense, magazines for firearms should usually spawn somewhere near those firearms. Unfortunately a lot of people don't like that idea because it makes it "too easy" to find a functional gun. Ha. If it's "too easy" to get guns, you could, you know, reduce the spawns...

Right now it seems like most people who had guns removed all the magazines from the premises, went down the street and threw them into ditches and hedgerows, never to be found again.

Logical? No.

If we want to make sense, magazines for firearms should usually spawn somewhere near those firearms. Unfortunately a lot of people don't like that idea because it makes it "too easy" to find a functional gun. Ha. If it's "too easy" to get guns, you could, you know, reduce the spawns...

I imagine once some of the survival mechanics are in that reducing the spawns is gonna happen. Along with some other basic balancing, no point in having survival mechanics if people don't live long enough to experience them. 

just as long as magazines start to vary in the amount of ammo they spawn with, from zero - up to full capacity, I'm happy.

The spawn rate for pistols (w/ mag) should be higher than pistols (w/o mag).

When I find the ****** taking all the pistol mags and hording them for himself, he's done.

I don't, more civillian gun owners (farmers/hunters) own rifles/shotguns and have no use for handgun.

I see what you mean brother, but many people do own handguns. Handguns are a prime choice for target shooters, while rifles and shotguns are made more for hunting and skeet. I agree with you that civilians would have more shotguns and rifles, but honestly would they really have a shotgun or rifle in the middle of a large Russian City??? I think handguns would be a more viable option in this game to add another aspect of realism, and skill.

• Like 1

This is all true, I know lots of people with lots of handguns, and I haven't met one yet who didn't have at least one magazine for each pistol. Most people have 2-4, and most keep an empty magazine in the pistol when storing it. Hell, a lot of pistols come with an extra magazine, which means both that you have two magazines, and that you have to put one of them into the pistol to be able to fit everything in the included carrying case. 

The only thing I disagree with you guys in this debate is that you are applying society rules as they apply today to dismiss his idea, not society as it would exist after the world has gone to hell and law has lost its power.

I agree to a degree with both sides. We should still find some military/police vehicles/bulidings and some houses untouched by looters with good quality firearms locked in gun safes with mags and ammo stored seperately(you will need to gain access to them first). The majority of firearms however should be found in a poorer condition found with dry mags that have been abandoned, stock piles of guns/ammo found in infected overrun safe houses, old shotguns/rifles found in truck cabs and farm houses, and ones that may need a lot of work to get functioning found on randomly placed container style bodies throughout the map.

Currently to me the only environmental immersion breaking gripe I have is the game feels too much like most of the world disappeared into thin air with a few becoming zombies overnight, then the players showed up.

The reason I carry the revolver is because of this. They should spawn with a single empty mag some of the time.

I personally find magazines very easily in this game, and I don't know why.. I often have at least 3 fnx magazines when I am not carrying a sawed-off or a magnum.