Sinphaltimus

Try not to freak out

Why are people so upset about there being no update, don't you stable people only get one every two (or four) weeks? There was one last week.

I know experimental updates a lot more often, but stable simply doesn't get an update every week as far as I am aware. Also the current version on experimental is an utter catastrophe, you don't even want it on stable trust me.

i was not aware of a stable update last week.

i was not aware of a stable update last week.

I thought stable went up a version while experimental got .42, I could be mistaken of course. If not then just trust me, you're not missing much.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

So this may be the first update that didnt make the game worse?   Thats a hell of a fucking claim.

Maybe they are just starting to pull the nose up on this project.

Are any of the following addressed in the next update?

Glitched zombies

no hit detection resulting in every item being ruined from magic bullets

items take 2 minutes to appear when you move them on servers with more than 20 people

ammo disappearing

cant load SKS or mosin from painting glitch

Id rather have zero new items or features until these are fixed.

Have you been spending so much time on the forums that you have not even played lately?

Glitched zombies - yes they are fixing this, have said many times its the current thing being worked on

no hit detection resulting in every item being ruined from magic bullets - this does not happen to me anymore. I shoot head, head is damaged.. all else is fine.

items take 2 minutes to appear when you move them on servers with more than 20 people - wut? I dont see this, ever.

ammo disappearing - Nope, never had that happen

cant load SKS or mosin from painting glitch - you can load the mosin just fine.. its the sks on exp that wont load after painting.

That's pretty much what I tweeted back at him..

I'd rather have a stable update pushed to stable than an unstable one...but the suspense!

:)

So would I, truly. However, I'd like at least an update a month, otherwise this game will be irrelevant by the time it's released.

Im cool with the wait and besides you guys always have test servers to play on if you have to have stuff right now anyways.

Silly boy crying over a war you lost 60 years ago lol.

The german language sounds so brutal!!

#massivechiponyourshoulders

Edited by TheWanderingMan

Silly boy crying over a war you lost 60 years ago lol.

The german language sounds so brutal!!

#massivechiponyourshoulders

Its ok dude on FF 14 i was able to name one of my characters Hiroshimabomb and i got in HUGE trouble for it because APPARENTLY there are still Japanese that are upset about the whole damn thing.... lol. Like i actually talked to some Japanese while playing the game and there like "are you serious? That happened over like 50 years ago." I assume the mod i got was probably Japanese to lmao. But anways i got black listed and crap from it while i was offline. So now i am on there shit list and i have to be careful. XD

Its ok dude on FF 14 i was able to name one of my characters Hiroshimabomb and i got in HUGE trouble for it because APPARENTLY there are still Japanese that are upset about the whole damn thing.... lol. Like i actually talked to some Japanese while playing the game and there like "are you serious? That happened over like 50 years ago." I assume the mod i got was probably Japanese to lmao. But anways i got black listed and crap from it while i was offline. So now i am on there shit list and i have to be careful. XD

If you really don't see why people might get wound up by that I feel sorry for you.

Very unprofessional from a team that has made 30 Million dollars so far.

Making promises you cant keep, and telling people you will do it later is a great way to get fired from most companies.

Here's an idea, get things working first, and then tell people AFTER THE FACT that the update was patched. Less people getting but hurt, and if you didnt do it right the first time, no one knows so no place to bitch.

I'm loosing faith in these guys really fast...

If you really don't see why people might get wound up by that I feel sorry for you.

It really dosnt rile my feathers nor does any other disaster ether war or elemental.

It really dosnt rile my feathers nor does any other disaster ether war or elemental.

It might if your grandparents or parents lived through or died in something like that.
  • Like 1

It might if your grandparents or parents lived through or died in something like that.

I just noticed your avatar and text are purple......why is this?! XD

Very unprofessional from a team that has made 30 Million dollars so far.

Making promises you cant keep, and telling people you will do it later is a great way to get fired from most companies.

Here's an idea, get things working first, and then tell people AFTER THE FACT that the update was patched. Less people getting but hurt, and if you didnt do it right the first time, no one knows so no place to bitch.

I'm loosing faith in these guys really fast...

People will still freak out over "lack of transparency" and "updates taking forever". In reality, I don't think enough users understand that this is part of the development process, it happens and nothing will stop it. It's not worth freaking out over. It is what it is. And project deadlines, goals, milestones rarely ever go according to plan across multiple industries. Can't fire people for that. You'd have no one to hire after a while. I'm sure the dev team will adjust their update announcements accordingly. All they needed to do is say "Maybe, if things go as planned < insert planned update here>"

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Not to sound like I have a stick up my ass, but the nuclear bombing of Japan, while not necessarily unjustified (that's another debate) was clearly an atrocious occurance that could have been, and may still be, a precursor to how other wars could result in. It was a horrible thing for people to experience.

Other conventional bombings like Dresden were just as destructive, but Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the only places to ever he nuked, and survivors of that experience still live and wish that no one from ANY nation have to live through that or die in that fashion.

Remember: a lot of the people that died didn't die in the initial blast but hours to days later in agony, and they weren't soliders.

So yeah, it's a touchy subject for some. Not downplaying any other type of ways people die horribly in war, or the atrocious war crimes of Imperial Japan, but those two bombings were sort of a uniquely troubling event.

Without that bomb all the japs would still be living in a medieval society, we'd have no anime or other crazy stuff.

Progress through war since the 1700's YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Like 1

Quote from Dean.......

" its labor intensive and we are using all 30 of our staff"

Hey Dean, thats why Star Citizen has 218 full time staff members.   More talent and more experience finds issues faster and fixes them faster.

Where did the 30 plus million dollars go?

Hmmm... Dean Said: "We're again testing this in detail with our 30 fulltime, onsite, QA staff."

That is staff that is mostly just doing QA.

Compare this to Star Citizen: 212 Total staff, 109 of those being outsource... meaning their not doing QA mostly.
That means there is 103 Left... majority of those being designers, artists, programmers, etc.
They don't really mention how many QA staff they have other than 4 at the Austin office.

You can get all this info here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13610-Monthly-Report-February-2014

30 Fulltime QA staff  for DayZ is a lot actually.
AND to note, I am not saying Star Citizen lack quality testing staff either, they will most likely get more QA staff when we go into alpha.

The man leading the star citizen project disagrees.  And he is a legend in the game industry.  He has never heard of Dean before.  So who do you think is right?

Hmmm I am pretty sure he has heard of Dean before considering he sat next to him on PC Gamer Panel at Pax Prime 2013.

Oh and this is worth watching for any pc gamer.

so is star citizen playable yet? and I mean the whole game not just the hangars. I've been watching it for 2 years now waiting for something playable and so far all I've seen are the silly hangars where you can walk around your unflyable ships. at least for my 30 bucks I can play this now warts and all its still better than nothing.

edited for really bad spelling

Star Citizen is not in alpha yet, DayZ is and we never saw the stage before alpha of DayZ, that was internal.
So at least you have a hanger to run around in and give it a month and you can fly your ship :)

Edited by Braclo

There is a major game breaking bug where player's bodies are getting caught inside of buildings, while still being able to move around on their screen, giving them an 'out of body experience' or making them seem invisible to other players. It's not fun.What happens is your friend, or you, will get their character caught inside a building. You will see the character stuck in the room, seemingly running on the spot or stuck in against the wall. Meanwhile, that same player's screen could show that he somewhere totally different.

These stuck characters can take damage, and can remain stuck until you leave town, or log out. There is also a chance that when your character logs back in, the geometry will kill the character, or they will end up somewhere without their loot. It has happened to me a few times. When that's happening to all players in a group, it's a nightmare and absolutely unplayable.

I, for one, am glad it hasn't been pushed to stable, or there would be a lot of tears. Probably from the same guys complaining that the patch isn't out yet. Except it would be about the invisible bug, and how it wasn't squashed, and they are so bad at their jobs. The dev's can't win against seemingly uninformed people who think this forum is the omnipotent source for up-to-date DayZ news.

On a side note; I am very weary of Star Citizen, their huge staff numbers, and big money. Too many departments across the world and one hand starts not knowing what the other hand is doing. It only spelled disaster for Davy Jones and the original version APB. I can see something similar happening to Star Citizen, if it's not already.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Rick, but the lead Dev on Star Citizen is no legend, nor is he the be-all-end-all of gaming development. You sound almost like Sergey trying to sell WarZ. It's pathetic.

Edited by Esolu

Since I did not mention this before, I also think it is worth waiting for the patch.

There is obviously a bad issue in the current build, so why bother pushing that into stable just to have people complain about it and rage because their getting killed by it.

I am sure they will fix it soon enough and everyone can enjoy the new update.

Also, like stated before, I don't know why people don't just go to the experimental servers if they want to play it that much.

On a side note; I am very weary of Star Citizen, their huge staff numbers, and big money. Too many departments across the world and one hand starts not knowing what the other hand is doing. It only spelled disaster for Davy Jones and the original version APB. I can see something similar happening to Star Citizen, if it's not already.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Rick, but the lead Dev on Star Citizen is no legend, nor is he the be-all-end-all of gaming development. You sound almost like Sergey trying to sell WarZ. It's pathetic.

I think CIG is trying to prevent something like that happening considering they had that multiple studio meeting not long ago in Austin to make sure everyone is on the same page.

It won't surprise me if they do that every few months to keep everyone in check.

Also, for some, Chris Roberts is a legend considering he created they favorite space game back in the day. He also has the experience of being a lead dev of some very successful games, so mix that all together, and you get a legend in a lot of people's eyes.

If you haven't yet, watch that video I posted above. Pretty nice hearing what they have to say about pc gaming, and in my opinion, they all can count as legends in this medium we all love.

Edited by Braclo

Fine, that's what he thinks.

Lets look at it this way:

Your doing some homework, but your having trouble. Would you rather have three people tellibg you how to do it and helping you, or twenty.

Odds are, having twenty people trying to do one thing would get confusing, crowded and complicated.

If the staff now can handle it, let them

20, put each of them on a different question.