uninspired

Zelenogorsk - the forsaken city

Seriously guys,  I've been in and around Zelenegorsk for about a week now.. And I haven't met any other players.. The South-West of the map seems to be dead.. Everytime I logged in, the whole city was completely unlooted. Even the military buildings.. It didn't matter if I joined a 35/40 Server or a server with only 10 people on it.. There were absolutely no people around Zelenogorsk. Same thing with the military base southern of Zelenogorsk.. Plenty of free military loot.. Just for me. Don't know where to store all the ammo I found..

The reason I stayed there was because I wanted to find a Walkie Talkie. I thought they spawn in military buildings but I didn't find any. Then I read on the forums they would spawn in firestations. That's why I headed towards Cherno. On the way I stopped in balota at the airfield.. I spent about 5minutes there when I saw one player logging in in one of the barracks and another one running towards the hangars.. Why do you all gather around balota and elektro? That's stupid :-/ Makes the game boring..

Unfortunately I didn't find a WalkieTalkie in Cherno's firestation. Do they spawn on stable branch? Where do I get one? :( And who of you is frequently visiting Zelenogorsk? I can't be the only one who's gearing up there :D  Situation on the east side of the map seems to be better I think. With Rify and the new city Svetlojarsk.. And the airfield next to it.. There's quite a lot traffic. But I want the players to be spreaded more around the map.

Edited by uninspired

There has been increased traffic to the North East now the the new town added ... At least I think. I havent been around South West myself in a while but do go around there too...

I do the west side run fairly regularly. I don't run into a lot of folks but on occasion I do. I agree it's not as much of a hot spot as it could be and I think that's because there are no random spawn areas nearby for when you die. 

The coast from elektro to svelto or what ever the new ne city is, happens to be very busy not just because that is where you spawn but mostly because that is where you respaen. Higher chance of getting your loot back after you return, especially if your friends are around.

A squad in zeleno losses a member, it's a long and boring run to get back to them when starving.

I am hopeful we will get random spawn locations near every city/town eventually.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I disagree. I have been on the western side of the map for awhile now(hardcore, experimental). In the last week or so I have encountered at least 10 players in Zelenogorsk. Even died there once at night by a player I was trying to lure to me with a gas lantern. Saw a squad of 3 move through about 3 days ago. Observed a gunfight at the Police station there about 5 days ago. It has been pretty quite for the last day or so though.

• Like 1

If I'm in military gear mode like I am this week, I truck around there a lot. PS I find walkietalkies in firestations. Got killed looking for one in elektro the other day :( But was able to find one there today!

The only place I have ever found walkie talkies is in the fire stations.

Best spot on the game. Good gear there, and a fairly quick trip to bases to the north, east and south. Now you're going to ruin it with the thread, though.

• Like 3

Best spot on the game. Good gear there, and a fairly quick trip to bases to the north, east and south. Now you're going to ruin it with the thread, though.

He isn't going to ruin anything.  That place has already been a well-known loot spot and camped by bandits.  There are just some new spots to terrorize people but the bandits will be back and fighting over all the loot in Zelenogorsk.

It's still going to be central to all of those locations, regardless of this thread. I will loudly declare "sarcasm" in the future for everyone's benefit.

People gather around the coastal cities for the same exact reason you are making this post... the other areas have a tendency to be ghost towns. 

If you want action in the mid/northern areas.. you have to always play on full servers and always know how to read the signs of other life around. You enter a town and no looting is present, move on until you do find signs of life.. then track them. ;)

Unless more than 3 spawn spots are added, this will be the result.

I've played the game for 3 hours straight today. There's nothing to do once you get a Mosin or an SKS in your hands except try and kill other people. It's a giant deathmatch map with more hackers and exploiters than in Counterstrike.

It's a true Alpha and I hope devs hurry the fuck up. Already Rust has double the number of players at any given moment of the day and half of them are hacking, but everyone seems to be having fun even when hackers kill them because there's more shit to do and it's done faster.

with more hackers and exploiters than in Counterstrike.

Now you I know you cray-cray. 

Now you I know you cray-cray. 

If you lean back with your back to the wall you can see every room in the house you're in, and outside too. Today I was in a standoff with a 3 man clan after I killed one of them. The other two knew where I was and that I was not trying to log off because they could freakin see me. They were spraying M4 every minute and a half, just letting me know what's gonna happen.. I was taunting them via direct to come up and fight but they knew better. After like forty minutes of this shit, game crashed on me, and for a minute, I thought it fried my motherboard as well.

I log in the same house, thinking I must be dead...No, there was someone in the room that hacks me with an ax to the head ,I presume, coz I couldn't see him as I was logging and loading up scenery around me...He was one of 5 people on the server and he was right there....I respawn 2 klicks away from Elektro, like always, and go back to get my shit if it's still there and it was, most of it anyways.

Atm, game is hopeless.

Edited by Highlander007

Every city is empty.  Until it isn't.

Zelenogorsk used to be pretty well traveled in the Mod.  Mostly from Kamenka and Kamarova new spawns making their way up to NWAF to become men. 

It lays in the shadow of Green Mountain. We do not talk about Zelenogorsk...

• Like 2

I live near there, and loot green mountain too. Since im not into the CoD stuff going on in the coastal cities and rather talk to ppl, i tend to keep to center center/west of the map. whats with the "haunted" thing anyways? is that why its usually not looted?

• Like 1

Most DayZ players want loot and action. They want to have a crazy, whacky, coastline adventure full of gunfights, one-punch K.O's, and 12 year old bandits who can't shoot for shit.

Unfortunately, the action is condensed to the point where everyone who wants some goes to the same exact fucking lace.

• Like 2

It's all cool, come hang out in Zelen so I can get some target practice.

It lays in the shadow of Green Mountain. We do not talk about Zelenogorsk...

Exactly. That whole area is cursed.

Way too close to Green Mountain.

Fuck that place creeps me out.

Zelenogorsk was my "home" back in the mod. Still makes me all warm inside to go back. I like the changes.

Seriously guys,  I've been in and around Zelenegorsk for about a week now.. And I haven't met any other players.. The South-West of the map seems to be dead.. Everytime I logged in, the whole city was completely unlooted. Even the military buildings.. It didn't matter if I joined a 35/40 Server or a server with only 10 people on it.. There were absolutely no people around Zelenogorsk. Same thing with the military base southern of Zelenogorsk.. Plenty of free military loot.. Just for me. Don't know where to store all the ammo I found..

The reason I stayed there was because I wanted to find a Walkie Talkie. I thought they spawn in military buildings but I didn't find any. Then I read on the forums they would spawn in firestations. That's why I headed towards Cherno. On the way I stopped in balota at the airfield.. I spent about 5minutes there when I saw one player logging in in one of the barracks and another one running towards the hangars.. Why do you all gather around balota and elektro? That's stupid :-/ Makes the game boring..

Unfortunately I didn't find a WalkieTalkie in Cherno's firestation. Do they spawn on stable branch? Where do I get one? :( And who of you is frequently visiting Zelenogorsk? I can't be the only one who's gearing up there :D  Situation on the east side of the map seems to be better I think. With Rify and the new city Svetlojarsk.. And the airfield next to it.. There's quite a lot traffic. But I want the players to be spreaded more around the map.

did you shoot a guy laying in a bush next to the hangar??? ...that happened to be hiding there so no one would see him while he was away from his comp cuz his girlfriend was bugging him to help her pick out a bikini??? Cuz that was me. I'm still mad at you.

did you shoot a guy laying in a bush next to the hangar??? ...that happened to be hiding there so no one would see him while he was away from his comp cuz his girlfriend was bugging him to help her pick out a bikini??? Cuz that was me. I'm still mad at you.

:D No that wasn't me. I expected even more people to be there. That's why I left balota then without looting the airfield. Obviously you set your priorities wrong: DayZ > girlfriend

I play on full servers roughly 90% of the time, and even places like the NW airfield have been completely deserted for me for extended periods of time. I'd have time to run, loot every building, camp out for a good 20 minutes and not see a single person. In order to find anyone I had to run all the way back to Electro. Either that or head towards Berezino as that usually has a few people running around there every time I visit.

Zeleno gives me the creeps, lots of great loot in that area with "almost" no opposition.

The chance that u get killed because u felt secure is extremly high!  no one gets recless around balota but keeping ur guard up at zeleno ....