Influx (DayZ)

"Frankie" Hero mentality

All the video's i've watched of him playing are awesome. He could just go around shooting anybody he sees and I've watched other video's of people doing that and It's a pretty boring play style to just shoot everybody you see. Frankie usually only shoots people if they are obviously a bandit, or if they don't drop their weapons. 

i think most people who hate him hate him because he's famous in Dayz and they aren't. 

• Like 1

Frankie is a role model. The amount of effort he puts into playing the game, and editing his footage, he deserves to be recognized as a valiant player, a type of player that sadly many people will put down and never understand. 

People really, really need to stop trying to emulate Frankie.

He's an awful, awful person AND bad at DayZ.

Really? I think he's actually really good. He has good aim, good situational awareness, and good map knowledge. He also (when forced, most times) shoots to cripple rather than kill. He gives pretty much everyone he comes across the benefit of the doubt, rather than assume hostility. I've seen very few instances (if any) where he kills on sight. He brings positive attention to DayZ Mod and SA, and spends a lot of time interacting with fans of his.

To me, the generalized opinion that "Frankie is so bad omg" is greatly exaggerated, annoying, and is generally indicative of someone who is:

1. Jealous/envious
  2. Mad that they themselves are bad

Hello there

IF you have an issue with moderation contact a mod.

The forums are not the place to discuss.

On topic please.

L

LoK, please.

Me needs a good laugh.

Tis quite amusing to watch the banter.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

Frankie is a douche that hates people who identify themselves as gamers. Gaming peripherals? Waste of time and money and you should feel bad about yourself. Was a fan long ago until he showed his true colours and openly insulted and attacked (followed by numerous bans from his Youtube comments) the people that make up his fanbase.

I tend to play a fairly neutral-leaningtowards-hero, mainly just by trying to help newbies or altogether avoiding geared players. Needless to say I don't do it because of him. ;]

Man this thread has everything. 

Digging up some old worn out hackusations (don't care if it is true or not) on a popular youtuber and a bunch of try hards attempting to say another player sucks. Then the icing on the cake is the guy claiming Hitler was "clever" while ignoring that Hitler was in fact one of the worst military tacticians in history and wrote a book that is heavy handed BS that even discounting for the fact that he was an awful person was still an awful piece of literature. 

As far as the OP is concerned people who are stupid while trying to play the hero quickly learn that running up shouting friendly is a good way to die. For all of his real or imagined faults Frankie normally starts a conversation like that from a position of power which is the correct way to play as a hero/friendly. 

Frankie's not a hero, he's just a survivor who's amazing at editing videos. I give him props for his editing skills.

Man this thread has everything. 

Digging up some old worn out hackusations (don't care if it is true or not) on a popular youtuber and a bunch of try hards attempting to say another player sucks. Then the icing on the cake is the guy claiming Hitler was "clever" while ignoring that Hitler was in fact one of the worst military tacticians in history and wrote a book that is heavy handed BS that even discounting for the fact that he was an awful person was still an awful piece of literature. 

As far as the OP is concerned people who are stupid while trying to play the hero quickly learn that running up shouting friendly is a good way to die. For all of his real or imagined faults Frankie normally starts a conversation like that from a position of power which is the correct way to play as a hero/friendly. 

It is like the internet gamer version of the National Enquirer. Eventually people will grow up and realize there are far more important things out there. 

• Like 1

When did Frankie ever said he doesnt kos ? I heard him saying he is trying to play friendly and he never said he is a hero... There are videos where he does kill on site. And he has good aim and he got skill. And he is probably cheating as well, or at least his gameplay looks very suspicious most of the times. But none of those makes him a bad person or a player with no skill.

Edited by Nienko

Frankie's not a hero, he's just a survivor who's amazing at editing videos. I give him props for his editing skills.

I think we can agree on that.

Frankie is a douche that hates people who identify themselves as gamers. Gaming peripherals? Waste of time and money and you should feel bad about yourself. Was a fan long ago until he showed his true colours and openly insulted and attacked (followed by numerous bans from his Youtube comments) the people that make up his fanbase.

I tend to play a fairly neutral-leaningtowards-hero, mainly just by trying to help newbies or altogether avoiding geared players. Needless to say I don't do it because of him. ;]

Anyone who attacks someone for identifying themselves as a gamer who also plays games really needs to rethink their prejudices.

This may be a little late for this or I could have missed someone else saying it, Frankie DOES make his episodes storylines and stages a few random parts of his videos (mostly the transitions). In one video he asks his viewers what they think of him doing that. I don't see a problem with it and he has definitely caused DayZ to be much more popular. 

Hacker? I've seen one video that claims he hacks. But if you think about it, why would he risk getting banned for hacking. I think servers admins hook him up though. 

Also, most people don't realize that Frankie does the videos for a hobby. He actually has a real career. 

Also, most people don't realize that Frankie does the videos for a hobby. He actually has a real career. 

But still no life then.

By that you mean no one, or what? Because last I checked only "no one" was giving a fuck about not shooting anything in sight.

Who da fuck gives one about Frankie anyway? He should be dickslapped for as long as SA is in alpha just for bringing up the "Bambi" term...and his annoying voice...and using cheats to not get killed while he was making his stupid storyline videos.

In short: Don't try to be like some self absorbed Youtube prick!

Easy there champ. Take a deep breath. You make it sound like Frankie raped your mom or something..... sheesh.

• Like 2

This thread made me laugh so much. It reminds me of early school days when kids fought about nonesense like which superhero is stronger and similar stuff.

Edited by Igglas Cage
  • Like 2

I'm quite happy with the rage I have incited. Frankie always brings a heated discussion about. I didn't even call out hackusations. Just what I think of the fellow.

This thread made me laugh so much. It reminds me of early school days when kids fought about nonesense like which superhero is stronger and similar stuff.

That about sums it up. So silly to have such arguments, when clearly Aquaman could beat everyone.

That about sums it up. So silly to have such arguments, when clearly Aquaman could beat everyone.

Listen here buddy!

Batman_9d3434_320648.jpg

Pfffftttttttt. Aquaman? We all know Aquaman is so 2009.

Listen here buddy!

Batman_9d3434_320648.jpg

And that was the day the entire justice league died to kryptonite-arsenic laced sandwiches. Nobody suspects Aquaman. That's his real power.

Do you think that Frankie dosen't KOS?

He is the worst example,because while he's playing he could for example KOS 50 times.

But because he wants to look good on his videos he /edits them,

to the point where he seems like a friendly-noob helping-bandit slayer kind of guy.

In Reality i bet he dosen't give a damn when he's not recording.

No, My argument is not about Frankie. It's about the people trying to emulate him.

I could care less about what Frankie or any other DayZ "celebrity" does, I don't shoot for the sake of saving lives.  If I see someone that I don't want to help, I avoid them.  If someone seems me and contacts me, I say my piece and disengage any way I can.  If someone shoots at me and I don't die by the first shot, I seek cover and escape.  There's no need for me to take someone's life into my own hands and pull a trigger.

It takes a better man and a more skilled man to spare a life rather than take one.

People are emulating Frankie? I fucking wish. I get shot at all the time. Hell, just today some kid opened fire on our group in Berizino for literally NO reason. Had a long range rifle and left when he didn't kill any of us.

I wish people would act like Frankie. See a lot less Bambi Hunger Games, that's for sure.