Influx (DayZ)

"Frankie" Hero mentality

It seem everyone is a hero, everyone is a bandit, everyone is moaning, everyone is not moaning, everyone is everything.

Why do these self appointed forum warriors always use everyone, do they understand that it means everyone.  

Surely it must be everyone except you, now I'm confused that wouldn't be everyone, that would be nearly everyone.  Everyone shut up please, except everyone that is not using everyone every time they make a post.  That includes you also, yes you the one reading this, you are everyone you are everything, everything to me. Going 3/4 retard on this ok.

Whenever there was an important job to be done, 
Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. 

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. 
When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because... 
it was Everybody's job!

Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, 
but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it.

So, consequently, Everybody blamed Somebody... 
when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place!

Edited by Jolunn
  • Like 2

I'm glad for any known national or international Youtuber or Let's Player that inspires (or teaches) people another, less "simple" approach to this Game.

But then again, I'm not so much for overglorification. It's not like he or any YTer "invented" being friendly or not, that just came with the game and the players naturally. Then again, I also don't really like endless "bashing". Yeah, well, he may have hacked (or not) but I'm guessing the days are long gone. And what he does off-camera is his thing. Considering that: Love it or leave it, I guess.

As for being friendly in general: Consider the approach and how other people do it. Even as loner you can increase your survival chance in many encounters. But then again, the probably safest way to do that is in a group. You have an advantage then, and people are more inclined to NOT shoot randomly when facing a group where shooting at them would mean no chance of survival.

There's several (big or even kinda giant) groups out there that encourage a friendly or neutral approach to the game.

I don't mind the narrative. I don't mind "smart" editing.. But there's a fine line between editing, and completely faking what happened. 

People are attracted to what's REAL.. What's TRUE.. There are many instances in Frankies videos that are clearly "scripted".. It's a little off putting to hear him acting through scripted material, but it's another all together to realize that there are certain scenarios which were completely set up.

For example, there's an episode where he "steals" a helicopter, then he flies away, and the helicopters engine cuts out. At this point in the video, he has 7 murders, but he's still a survivor.

The heli starts floating downwards like it's going to crash, then the video cuts, and he wakes up on a shoreline, on a different server, using a different skin, on a different life.. he now has 1 murder, is still a survivor somehow, and there's a heli-crash next to him, and he announces that he survived the heli-crash.

A few questions about this:

My first one would be: Are you dumb? (It's rhetorical, of course.)

Of course that's made up. It's obvious. It's part of his so called storyline. Who gives a shit?

I bet you were singing his priases before the hackusataions. I dont see how he is awful at Dayz? his early vids show he wasnt stupid and played clever. He plays a lof of FPS and is not bad from the looks of things.  

Personally, I didn't know Frankie hacked until recently, still never cared for him though.

He plays video games and records footage, who the hell cares? I play video games, why don't I record footage and get my own "Quran-72 Virgin suicide bombing" die-hard fan base.

I play the game how I want, not by the will of some snot-faced youtuber.

frankieh is amazing!   NOBODY HAS ANY RIGHT TO TALK BAD ABOUT FRANKIEH!!!!

My first one would be: Are you dumb? (It's rhetorical, of course.)

Of course that's made up. It's obvious. It's part of his so called storyline. Who gives a shit?

So you don't give a shit if he's hacking in vehicles, and hacking his humanity to make himself look like a good guy even though he's murdering 'survivors'?

If he was on a friends server and the friend authorized him to spawn in a helicopter and crash it, that's one thing.. I can be okay with that.

But the fact that he has 7 murders and is still wearing a survivor skin means he is killing survivors, as a survivor, which means his action are affecting others who are not involved in the production of the video.

If you're okay with him making a LOT of money by deceiving and victimizing others, maybe you're the dumb one..

This is dumb for a heap of reasons. A few being... How do you know he is a awful "person" and another being he has proof of him being a very skilled player. 

Tip - Stop being a derp hater...

Also this whole idea of "people play hero OMF BAD hbjdas this that derp". This game is just that, a game. People play bandits for the hunt and people play friendly to try something that others normally don't. Who cares.. jesus. 

Yawn at all of this and stupid assumptions. 

Don't get mad when he gets criticized.

So you don't give a shit if he's hacking in vehicles, and hacking his humanity to make himself look like a good guy even though he's murdering 'survivors'?

That's just circumstantial though, it's not "proof".

Is his stuff highly staged? Certainly a fair part of it. Is that a problem? Not really. Is there evidence he has hacked? No, or at least none that I have seen. If you wish to show me the proof I am more than happy to look at it with an open mind; I am neither fanboi nor hater.

Stopped reading this as people started to be retarded....

Frankie cheats/ hacks? Ok there is ZERO evidence to that. People are just sour idiots who scream hate on anything and everything. Typical internet community. 

It is a mis-characterization of how Frankie Plays the game to say he never KOS' or suggests that players should never KOS.  Frankie absolutely does shoot some players on sight in his vids which means your premise if false.  As an example, he KOS when he counter snipes - which he does quite often even though the sniper isn't shooting at him.   

What I think Frankie would say (and more or less does say in his commentaries) is that KOS being the only response to any situation is boring, noobish, and a lowly way to play.   Instead, Frankie's approach is to asses the situation and other players' behavior and make your decision based on the information you have.  For Frankie it is "better" and more entertaining to hold players up without killing them when possible (the benevolent bandit), but this isn't always possible as just about any of his vids demonstrates.  

This is even something I can wrap my head around and do practice. If you see a sniper lying there waiting to kill people, you'd be an idiot not to destroy them. If not, become the next victim. Other than that, I pretty much do the same thing. Always be on the alert to dish out some damage, but I always play to avoid having to deal with that stuff. It does make the game really boring and a lot more 1 dimensional than it has the potential to be, in my opinion. My best times in game were had by trading/adventuring with complete strangers, trying to overcome tough odds. Crazy stuff happens. 

Don't get mad when he gets criticized.

1st sorry about double post. (turns out i didnt)

2nd he is not being criticized as that at a definition level means "indicate the faults" and none of the things people have said in any way have proof. Thus not a fault and just more haters who are jealous talking rubbish. 

3rd link ONE credible source of him cheating/ hacking

4th why is the community so hate filled and jealous haha. Makes me laugh and feel bad for people who are toooo invested in this dud game. 

Edited by Mopa

I don't think the topic is moreso about Frankie, but has turned more into a discussion on his playstyle. To me, this has just become another morality thread, with everyone having varied opinions. Nothing new to me.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Frankie sucks hard, 90% of his vids are set up.He has good shooting skills, and thats it.

Who cares.

Radios can be found in more than one area.

Frankie videos are why i started playing dayz.

I've been alive for almost a month now fully kitted and help everyone I can, and shoot to break legs instead of killing.

Occasionally I stalk bandits knock them out, and steal their pants.

Everyone is entitled to play how they like.

In real life, 99% of you would be sniveling meat, anyways.

I don't think the topic is moreso about Frankie, but has turned more into a discussion on his playstyle. To me, this has just become another morality thread, with everyone having varied opinions. Nothing new to me.

yea we are way off topic, you are right.

Jealous haters always want to cry and spew hate though. 

Dont like frankie? dont watch frankie vids.

Dont like how people play "hero"? Dont do it yourself. 

If you still think frankie cheats even when there is zero proof he does on the internet and all the "proof" that IS out there is rubbish with no backing then well... no way of putting it nice... you are really stupid. 

*edit* this game is JUST a game and does not simulate anything close to the real outcome of a zombie apoc. So play how you want... bandit, hero, running sim, what ever just shhh about all the "you must play this way" S***. Most of all shhh about a entertainer you dont like.

Derp community.

Edited by Mopa

mopa, do you have a Frankie poster on your bedroom wall? ;)

It would be cool if I did as I am a fan of his videos. There is a lot of other youtubers I dont like so I might go to ever single one of there videos and hate on them and then make a thread about how they cheat without there being any proof at all. Then I will continue to be a sour derp.

Wait no that is retarded...

But yea I want a frankie poster that would be cool. Going to go check his shop haha :P thanks

*edit* your youtube video link made me and my skype chat laugh when I linked it.

Edited by Mopa

If he was on a friends server and the friend authorized him to spawn in a helicopter and crash it, that's one thing.. I can be okay with that.

But the fact that he has 7 murders and is still wearing a survivor skin means he is killing survivors, as a survivor, which means his action are affecting others who are not involved in the production of the video.

If you're okay with him making a LOT of money by deceiving and victimizing others, maybe you're the dumb one..

I don't watch his shit. I don't talk about him usually. Who's dumb now?

It's quite obvious that he hacked. There's a video out there explaining it in detail. He had/has a clear motive. Believing that his storyline crap is even close to reality is lake admitting you believe everything is real in scripted reality shows even after somebody pointed out the meaning of the word "scripted" to you.

this game is JUST a game and does not simulate anything close to the real outcome of a zombie apoc.

hah!  So, it's not a REAL zombie simulator...

• Like 2

Of course mein kampf. It is very interesting. There are people in the big wide world who didnt learn as much as you.. Respect thier desire to learn of the mind of the man who murdered thier kin.

On a side note. This is after all a game where we hack infected's in the head with fire axes and blow people away with shotguns. I put it to you that as a German your a little oversensitive about your nations past.

Stying on topic I just watched a Frankie video on ''the last of us'' he was quite good. not sure what the anti frankie club is based upon?

"mein Kampf" is intresting since it shows how ill hitler was thats all. Right, its a game and that is exactly THE point, you can not compare it to what hitler did, you proofed yourself wrong, gratz.

Glorifying a REAL LIFE person like that and searching stupid exccuses for that is just more then stupid. And no we are not oversensitive in germany just because we are now better educated. We are just educated, as the "Number one nation in the world" USA should really think about educating their kids properly, not only the ones that have rich parents. Take a look at scandinavians, they do it the right way. I guess its senseless anyway to discuss this eith some americans that really think everyone has to have the right to wear a millitary weapon. Read some good books, please.

Why is that Qoute thing so messed up? BTW try to read Imanuel Kant, Bertold Brecht ,Lessing........these are german books you should read if you eant to get into german litrature and these are only a few ...

Edited by teeasy
  • Like 2

Personally, I didn't know Frankie hacked until recently, still never cared for him though.

He plays video games and records footage, who the hell cares? I play video games, why don't I record footage and get my own "Quran-72 Virgin suicide bombing" die-hard fan base.

I play the game how I want, not by the will of some snot-faced youtuber.

Never said you should play the game any other way you want bro, its sandbox for a reason. I was mearly picking somones comment up that i bet was singing his praises beforehand.

And in regards to your quote about Dean Hall not invisioning people running round killing each other, i bet he expected nothing else, the game is deathmatch unless you have friends on ts - there are no factions, the game will always be high percentage KOS until the iontroduce factions.

Not sure why this avatar is making you all so angry. I think its  social conditioning and an overeaction to it more than genuine displeasure at the content of it.

Would you be so against it if it were

Josef stalin?

Attila the hun?

Idi amin?

Ghenkis Khan?

Pol pot?

Vlad the impaler?

I understand of course that Adolf is one of most recent bad guys but really he was a very clever man and wrote some very interesting books.

In case your wondering I lost 3 family members to the regime and I hold no grudges.

interesting books ????

come on whats next ? idi amin was a great cook ? 

you cant be serious.

• Like 1

I don't watch his shit. I don't talk about him usually. Who's dumb now?

It's quite obvious that he hacked. There's a video out there explaining it in detail. He had/has a clear motive. Believing that his storyline crap is even close to reality is lake admitting you believe everything is real in scripted reality shows even after somebody pointed out the meaning of the word "scripted" to you.

There is a few videos of people "saying" he cheats while having some of his game play in the back ground showing nothing but normal game play? Are you talking about the famous video of him killing a 6 person team when they drive past in a convoy and he has a few symbols in the wrong color? Did you know there is more videos of that explaining why it was like that in that current version and on that current mod? There is zero proof to date.

Nope probably blindly believed it was proof. 

However yes, some parts are staged. See he has already confirmed this, multiple times. See he is a ENTERTAINER and he has also stated that he does this "staged" scene to make a story out of the other real scenes he has filmed. 

hah!  So, it's not a REAL zombie simulator...

Yep, very real. Terrible. 

Edited by Mopa