blackberrygoo

This game is changing

This game is changing in an interesting way ... Was at berezino just now on a hardcore experimental server and I met and conversed with not one not two but FIVE friendlies in a row. All seperate from eachother and get this ,'one was an armed12 year old which you never see them be friendly ( no offense , I was 12 once too and honestly if I had this game then I would be a bandit too ).

The point of this is to say that the mechanics of dayz standalone are changing people's attitudes of thinking dayz is some linear military shoot em up . Nothing wrong with banditry but I almost lost faith in dayz with the mod and I'm glad dayz standalone is putting in Into a dimension of survivalism it deserved years ago , as opposed to living as a military sim.

So lets suggest good mechanic balancing ideas and such so that we may get out of the oppression of the way dayz mod was (like we've been doing ) . And for the neutrals out there that don't know what "side to choose" so to speak, it's more fun to be friendlly, so go out on a limb and make a friend mother tucker ;)

• Like 4

Actually, young people can be friendly... I'm 13 and I don't shoot anyone unless they are a threat to me (If they have a gun..). 

I can't wait for hunting, too, as it would add much more survival aspect to the game, and it would be nice if environment was a big factor, and if we could set up shelters to prevent us from the cold. It would be awesome to have shelters, because then people could also attack you if they have really warm clothes on.

I contend that if the game as a majority turned friendly, devs would be forced to up the ante on PvE elements even moreso.

I remember when the sa first came out.  Everyone was crying about how they got kos' d too often.

The game is not changing at all. You've played on a hardcore server which increases the chance of meeting friendly players. That's all.

• Like 1

I played on a regular server today. At first, I thought the game ACTUALLY WAS changing. I was up at some towns near the NEAF. In one town, I met a guy who was armed. He didn't shoot, we just went our separate ways after a short chat. Later, I met 4 PEOPLE in the same town, all armed to the teeth. Two of them, who were together, had no guns. The other two did... Not a shot was fired, and I exchanged friendly words with both of them. I saw that the game wasn't changing when I left. I was about half a kilometer away from the area, and I heard two mosin rounds crack off in the distance. The armed guys shot and killed the others... I just lived because they didn't want to risk shooting someone with a gun.

Maybe the KOS kiddies are finally getting bored and going back to the mod or other shooting games.

This game is changing in an interesting way ... Was at berezino just now on a hardcore experimental server and I met and conversed with not one not two but FIVE friendlies in a row. All seperate from eachother and get this ,'one was an armed12 year old which you never see them be friendly ( no offense , I was 12 once too and honestly if I had this game then I would be a bandit too ).

The point of this is to say that the mechanics of dayz standalone are changing people's attitudes of thinking dayz is some linear military shoot em up . Nothing wrong with banditry but I almost lost faith in dayz with the mod and I'm glad dayz standalone is putting in Into a dimension of survivalism it deserved years ago , as opposed to living as a military sim.

So lets suggest good mechanic balancing ideas and such so that we may get out of the oppression of the way dayz mod was (like we've been doing ) . And for the neutrals out there that don't know what "side to choose" so to speak, it's more fun to be friendlly, so go out on a limb and make a friend mother tucker ;)

New to Dayz? Ever played the mod?.. because all of them had pvp, constantly. Unless it was an RPG no PVP specific server.

So count yourself lucky you met so many friendlies in a row.. Experimental server is main reason. People kill less + it was hardcore.. which they kill less often on as well. 

I would have shot the little bastard just cause he was twelve and should be in bed sleeping or doing his homework! Doesn't he have school? What were you thinking???

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

I would have shot the little bastard just cause he was twelve and should be in bed sleeping or doing his homework! Doesn't he have school? What were you thinking???

Your profile picture is creepy as fuck, and, frankly, offends me.

Satanic art offends you? Id be happy to make some creepy things that would offend you my friend including and not limited to zombie Jesus feasting on the flesh of ppl.

Satanic art offends you? Id be happy to make some creepy things that would offend you my friend including and not limited to zombie Jesus feasting on the flesh of ppl.

right after  leaving ur basement, because mom yelled at you to clean up the garage and eat ur fucking supper before it gets cold ?

btw get a haircut boy ! 

satanic art my ass ....

get grown up 

get a job

get a wife 

get kids that need food and clothing

and Satan is gonna be the least of ur problems/interrest

• Like 1

Google a webcomic called "crossed"

be offended later :D

right after  leaving ur basement, because mom yelled at you to clean up the garage and eat ur fucking supper before it gets cold ?

btw get a haircut boy ! 

satanic art my ass ....

get grown up 

get a job

get a wife 

lol i have a life and i choose what i want to do with it. Your going to get upset and call ppl out on avatars you really need to grow up yourself.

Im honestly probably more sane than you right now. But your proving to be the stereotypical Bibal thumping ass that cant think outside of the box.

Also why the hell should i get kids? Its just another mouth to feed if anything. I mean i can respect if you have the simple family life and everything but you dont need to force everyone else to have the dull kind of life style you have.

Edited by Deathlove

I have encountered many in SA, but it seems i have a intention to whos friendly and not. 3 times i got shot with my regular char, the one time i HAD to defend myself and survived, the other 2 times i was unconcious, and after some talking and forced exchange of goods we walked in different directions, noone died. Im around the area between Zeleno and Berezino, im not that much directly at the coast. But game isnt changing for me, on experimental i still get KOSd, but hey, if they get a hard-on from it.

btw get a haircut boy ! 

satanic art my ass ....

get grown up 

get a job

get a wife 

Just relax everyone, i came to the forums to avoid useless discussions like this, over your meaningless opinion of other peoples opinion. To live and let live peeps.

lol i have a life and i choose what i want to do with it. Your going to get upset and call ppl out on avatars you really need to grow up yourself.

Im honestly probably more sane than you right now. But your proving to be the stereotypical Bibal thumping ass that cant think outside of the box.

Also why the hell should i get kids? Its just another mouth to feed if anything. I mean i can respect if you have the simple family life and everything but you dont need to force everyone else to have the dull kind of life style you have.

u had the need to play the creeps dude 

i just trolled along !  :D

u had the need to play the creeps dude 

i just trolled along !  :D

lol trolls are a myth! They live under bridges and eat ppl! :P

btw OFCOURSE is our life dull and meaningless ... otherwhise we wouldnt hang arround in forums !

its not that we cure cancer here, or do we ? 

lol trolls are a myth! They live under bridges and eat ppl! :P

and i thought cemetrys where the place to be

I have encountered many in SA, but it seems i have a intention to whos friendly and not. 3 times i got shot with my regular char, the one time i HAD to defend myself and survived, the other 2 times i was unconcious, and after some talking and forced exchange of goods we walked in different directions, noone died. Im around the area between Zeleno and Berezino, im not that much directly at the coast. But game isnt changing for me, on experimental i still get KOSd, but hey, if they get a hard-on from it.

Actually it depends who you meet iv been finding allot more friendly ppl but its still pretty iffy sometimes. But if you treat ppl good it normally sets a good example for more to follow latter on down the line.

Well I can say I've met more friendly people on te experimental since the zombies respawned

First was a guy in elektro with a shovel, he was looking for an axe so I showed him where one was

Second guy was in the middle of no where and was on a hill looking around

I went up to him and asked what he was doing and he said he was lost so I pointed him to the coast where he was meeting his friend

Have him some food and he said his friend had found a mosin in berezino and left it behind the shipping containers by the docks as a thanks, I had a blaze so went that way and found it there

Next I was in a town fighting zombies with my axe when I spotted a guy come around a corner and then quickly run back around as though he was surprised to see me

I then noticed him aiming at me but he didn't fire as there was 4-5 zeds that had respawned around us, I pretended not to see him and left immdietely, he watched me leave and then I saw him turn around and leave as I was gaining some distance from him

Next me and a friend ran into two guys, one had an M4 the other a double barrel

We rounded a corner at the same time and the shogun guy took out my legs, we fired back and they got swarmed and they had to retreat which gave me time to use a splint on my legs

We went after them and I found the M4 guy axing about 5 zombies frantically so I shot him while he was distracted

The shotgun guy couldn't reload and neither could I, so we spent the next 5 mins runnit around while we were all bleeding until he died from zombies

The last guy we got taken by surprise and heard a guy with a strong Russian accent saying he was behind us

He didn't want anything we offered, just said he was friendly and was looting here and didn't want to surprise us and that he just wanted to find some stuff in peace, he was geared and had a gun on his back, to which I offered him ammo but he said he had 124 rounds

It seems to me that people are being more cautious now that zombies respawn

btw OFCOURSE is our life dull and meaningless ... otherwhise we wouldnt hang arround in forums !

its not that we cure cancer here, or do we ? 

Idk i live in Michigan its like of the biggest places for medical research. Maybe one day some one will find a cure...... :o

Edited by Deathlove

Maybe the KOS kiddies are finally getting bored and going back to the mod or other shooting games.

plz let this be reality!