Death By Crowbar

Oh fun - all geared up 12 hours ago, now naked. Fun.

Not that I disagree with this, but come on....

Lets be honest here, we always tell people not to get attached to something that is one of the main tools of the game...

Kind of a oxymoron isnt it?

...no? are you sure you're familiar with what an oxymoron is?

I agree with OP in the sense that just because a game is in Alpha does not mean it should be protected from criticism.

bitching about known bugs isnt criticism, it's just bitching. the whole reason we are all testing this is to provide actual constructive criticism in the form of bug reports and forums posts, videos, etc.

and saying it can be judged isn't really viable at this point either, it's like watching 20min of a movie then saying you've seen it. reviews are for finished products, which this is not anywhere close to.

it's painfully clear a lot of you don't understand the difference between finished and.... not finished.

He probably picked the wrong server regular vs experimental......freaked me out the first time I did it...I said..What the hell...where'd all my gear go?!!"  Then I realized I was on a different type of server and later I logged into a regular server and there's all my stuff from my other player. 
If you don't know that there's two types of servers you'd think it was a bug in the system.

Glad I ran around gearing up last night. That was hours well spent.

I get that this is alpha - but this is a HUMAN cost. If me, as a human, buys the game for $30, do NOT wipe me, ever, period. The whole "this is alpha, read the disclaimer" thing gets old quick. It's a crutch. Take care of your paid customers, don't screw them and leave them out to dry for god's sake.

You know what else gets old quick? People who come onto this forum and complain and whine about being reset or loosing gear when this game is in the very early stages of developement, and just because you paid a whopping $30.00, doesn't mean anything bad will ever happen to your precious character, get over it bugs/glitches are common place in Alpha phase games, and yeah you might not like it but the disclaimers are true, and you should heed the warnings, not just ignore them and think that they don't apply to you because you spent money on a GAME...

The guys character got wiped, he doesn't like that fact.

Strange forum creatures assume he's a COD player!

What a strange knee jerk reaction lol.

Get a grip you plebs.

Edited by TheWanderingMan

So you spent 12 hrs gearing up, your probably a noob. It's possible someone or a zombie killed you after you logged out it's happened to me.

So you spent 12 hrs gearing up, your probably a noob. It's possible someone or a zombie killed you after you logged out it's happened to me.

So you want to be informed about the resets/wipes? Wow??? What does it change?

Server Message: "OK guys, in 30 minutes there will be a reset and all your gear is lost"

You: "OMG what am I going to do now, I need to hide my stuff so that it can't get deleted........" ....wait...what?

Buddy... you bought a piece of software to be able to test it.

And even ... just imagine... even if the game wouldnt be an alpha...

You can lose your gear any second if you die. And no one will inform you about that 30 minutes in advance :D

So just cut the crap and play other games if you don't want to participate in testing.

AND YES... IF YOU DONT WANT TO TEST... THEN YOU WASTED 30 DOLLARS UNTIL THE GAME IS DONE.

large.jpg

Also, ALPHER LEL.

Get used to it OP, because you aren't going to find a shoulder to cry on here.

I'm with you here, OP. My regular character gets wiped roughly 5 times a day and I'm sick of it.

I get that this is alpha - but this is a HUMAN cost. If me, as a human, buys the game for $30, do NOT wipe me, ever, period. The whole "this is alpha, read the disclaimer" thing gets old quick. It's a crutch. Take care of your paid customers, don't screw them and leave them out to dry for god's sake.

IMG-20130410-WA0000_zps3c72b560.jpg

• Like 1

bitching about known bugs isnt criticism, it's just bitching. the whole reason we are all testing this is to provide actual constructive criticism in the form of bug reports and forums posts, videos, etc.

and saying it can be judged isn't really viable at this point either, it's like watching 20min of a movie then saying you've seen it. reviews are for finished products, which this is not anywhere close to.

it's painfully clear a lot of you don't understand the difference between finished and.... not finished.

What is painful for me to see it when people defend a game they love and are unable to see its flaws, or when people whom complain are called whiners or are said to not understand. I GET it is Alpha, I read that disclaimer I know but does that excuse it from criticism? NOPE! But at the same time you should not review it like it it's Full release. Instead review it in the terms of how well the Alpha is in terms of how an Alpha should be, and what direction the game is going and what effect that will have on the game itself.

The SA Alpha is not a fantastic Alpha nor it is terrible, hell it is better hen some full releases we get now days but Still it deserves criticism. The OP's criticism? No he is clearly just angry he lost his gear. But that of someone who can look at it in terms of it being an Alpha, who knows it is suppose to have flaws but can judge it as an Alpha? Yes, I see no problem with that at all.

What is painful for me to see it when people defend a game they love and are unable to see its flaws, or when people whom complain are called whiners or are said to not understand. I GET it is Alpha, I read that disclaimer I know but does that excuse it from criticism? NOPE! But at the same time you should not review it like it it's Full release. Instead review it in the terms of how well the Alpha is in terms of how an Alpha should be, and what direction the game is going and what effect that will have on the game itself.

The SA Alpha is not a fantastic Alpha nor it is terrible, hell it is better hen some full releases we get now days but Still it deserves criticism. The OP's criticism? No he is clearly just angry he lost his gear. But that of someone who can look at it in terms of it being an Alpha, who knows it is suppose to have flaws but can judge it as an Alpha? Yes, I see no problem with that at all.

I really hope you did not response to my post in that way or you just don't know what you write or my english i worse than I thought.

When you write "In summary, just because a game is Alpha does not mean it can be excused for everything." and I answer with a quote saying

"DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur."

And after that come back with that answer, You should REALLY think about what you write or at least read the things you answer to.

Did I defend the game? No

Did I say it is flawless? No.

Did I...wel basically anthing you wrote? no.

You said "being alpha is not an excuse for everything" - but regarding the issues - character wipes - spoken about in this thread, it is, as you said yourself in the second paragraph.

Criticism is ok. But whining helps nobody. Learn the difference between these two things. Or don't quote me and answer with such a mess of a post.

Edited by LaughingJack

Actually, because of the disclaimer they are excused for everything. That's what disclaimers are for.

"Hey, we apologise beforehand for any inconveniences you may experience".

I really hope you did not response to my post in that way or you just don't know what you write or my english i worse than I thought.

When you write "In summary, just because a game is Alpha does not mean it can be excused for everything." and I answer with a quote saying

"DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur."

And after that come back with that answer, You should REALLY think about what you write or at least read the things you answer to.

Did I defend the game? No

Did I say it is flawless? No.

Did I...wel basically anthing you wrote? no.

You said "being alpha is not an excuse for everything" - but regarding the issues - character wipes - spoken about in this thread, it is, as you said yourself in the second paragraph.

Criticism is ok. But whining helps nobody. Learn the difference between these two things. Or don't quote me and answer with such a mess of a post.

I do apologise if my post is confusing in any way, as I replied after I woke and only had a few minutes to reply so I shall now with a more clear mind make myself more clear.

I replied to your post and that of the other persons, because I fell that both of you didn't seem to get what I was trying to say. With your reply (which I did read) it seemed to me that you were simply disagreeing with me, and not bothering to actually fully reply to my post, instead using a quote. To me your quote said simply "your wrong" and not all of the things which you now claim in your reply to me.

Quotes can be very easily taken out of context, as I did with yours, if not provided with an explanation if what they are saying and the relation of it to your argument. I would apologise if I took it out of context, but I this instance it is more your fault than mine. All you had to do was post a one sentence reply to what I had to say with the quote, which you didn't.

I couldn't help but respond to this post.

I have a total of 120+ hours into this game since I bought it 4 weeks ago and have yet to have a character eliminated or "wiped" due to server or connection issues.

I have had brutal desync at times, glitched through guard rails to my death ect. and never once was I surprised. There is this thing that happens when you grow up, you start giving less of a f**k. You also read fine print and disclaimers and understand they actually mean something. One poster supported the OP's rant and mentioned being wiped 5 times a day?!? I suggest you stop running down the streets of Electro because from what I have read, no one else has experienced this.

Here is my advice: Put your man pants on or carry around some soft tissue to help you through your prepubescent years. Oh and for the love of all that is good left in the world, stop acting like $30.00 of your hard earned money (my ass) gives you the right to act like an illiterate child.

Now I will go jump back online with the character that I have had for the last 2 weeks and wait for the feared character wipe that seems to be so prevalent.

Ps. I'm on the reddit ts all the time. Feel free to look for me and I'll help detail what the term "disclaimer" means.

Ryan Smith

.. its that time of the month for you, isn't it?

• Like 1

I'm with you here, OP. My regular character gets wiped roughly 5 times a day and I'm sick of it.

Sounds like operator error.  I have been wiped once since pre-alpha.

Sorry, Couldn't hear you over the constant bitching

Oh, I'm sorry that an obnoxious bug keeps occurring for me.

Sounds like operator error.  I have been wiped once since pre-alpha.

It only happens to my regular character, my hardcore character is unaffected. 

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-use

Because you know...ALPHA.  the state before BETA and two states before FINAL POLISHED product.

You invested early in a growing game and community.  Refunds and demands are given on final products only.

Put the game down and come back in a year.

• Like 1

Please, please don't leave us. Our community can't survive without your love and support. Please lord... please...

Oh dear sweet baby jesus... help us... please lord... please... please...