Spinnyd223

Sad reality of how people play dayz

New players

1.Look for a server with a decent amount of people (clueless to the fact that loot in dayz does not respawn)

2. Spawn into game. Find out its night time. Join a different server

3. Run to first group of houses they see from their spawn (unaware of the fact that that there are only a select few spawn locations in dayz, and that those houses more than likely have already been looted by other fresh spawns)

4. Spend 40 minutes looking in dozens of houses that have already been looted finding absolutely nothing but a rotten kiwi and banana

5. Quit

6. Tell themselves that they will give it another try down the road when future patches come out (I have 14 friends on my steam  list who all have <1 hour total time played of dayz)

Experienced players

1. Spawn

2 .Realize you spawned too far from anywhere good and look for nearest place to kill yourself.

3. Repeat step two four more times.

4. Finally respawn somewhere good, run directly to the games pre-set gun spawn locations

5. Get unlucky, find nothing, server-hop to a low populated server that has just been recently restarted so you can claim all the loot before anyone else.

6.Gear up

7. Join high populated server

8.. Pvp

9. Die

10. Repeat

Hardcore players

Spend hours running through the woods pretending they are having a good time

Edited by Spinnyd223
  • Like 15

little coins + duct tape = half-afk while running to elektro

• Like 1

lemme guess

you get killed a lot trying to be a "bandit" and failed at this game now you are whining?

• Like 23

1. Spawn.

2. Get spawnkilled

3. Spawn.

4. Die due to glitch..

5. Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.

On soap box...

Not sure what point the OP is trying to make.  Seems to be their interpretation of what another player's perception of alpha testing is based on some rationalization that they've predetermined must apply to everyone else.  Apparently any conscious decision of spending monies to provide the opportunity to give rational, constructive feedback during the development phase of a game and impact its design is totally out of the realm of reason.

Off soap box..

• Like 4

I love DayZ but it seems kinda pointless to play it at the current state of development. But this is just my opinion! I bought the alpha to save some cash and didn't expect much from it. Just give it time and let it grow. For me it's like a good wine which needs to develope it's taste before you can enjoy it fully.

• Like 3

kos and worthless zeds are making people bored/frustrated, i get it already

I have TONS of dayz playtime.. I just wrote this through other peoples opinions and interpretations on what they tell me that

lemme guess

you get killed a lot trying to be a "bandit" and failed at this game now you are whining?

In dayz every single player just runs up to you and bonks you over the head withever item they have.. If you don't know that by now you must be one of those people who have <1 hour playtime as well.

If you think everyone is friendly with a minority of players being bandits than i really wish i could get a taste of the fantasy land you are living in.. I think you just watch too many dayz youtube videos making every little personal encounter seem like an "adventure".. Well its not.. You will see another player in a blue t-shirt.. and by the time you say "hey" to them on your mic, your screen will be flashing grey and you soon will be unconscious

in a game with so little to do, its not a surprise that people take every opportunity they can to bash someones skull in

Edited by Spinnyd223

In dayz every single player just runs up to you and bonks you over the head withever item they have.. If you don't know that by now you must be one of those people who have <1 hour playtime as well.

This is not true at all and makes YOU sound like the person with less than an hour played in DayZ.

1. Spawn anywhere

2. Go to places where loot is spawning

3. Get loot

4. Travel to other places with loot

5. Don't shoot others unless provoked

6. Acquire small backpack so as to limit loot intake

7. Never having enough food fuels exploration for more

8. Enjoy self and organic tension

9. Go on forums during downtime

10. See stupid thread

11. Post in stupid thread

12. ???

13. Profit

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 7

You forgot:
The Cry Baby:

1. Plays DayZ
2. Finds something he don't like.

3. Comes to forum to cry about and gets angry when everyone points to the search box.

• Like 5

1. Spawn whereever

Loot and grab as much food as possible

Find Fire Axe

Open cans with Axe just in time before starving

Hog drinking fountains / lakes

Look for sweet places with base-building potential once it's implemented

Find a nice house to just hang out and read in-game books

Find another house

Eventually get killed and start over

Had I listened to all the other threads like yours, I would be finding life in dayz very unstimulated. At times it "can" be boring, but this is a game where you have to take it upon yourself to "make" fun, if you can't do that. You can't have fun.

This game isn't just about fun for me either, it is about emotions, and the struggle within ones self to make hard choices. Do I help this survivor, do I shoot him, do I try talking? 

Every decision I make, there is an internal struggle whether or not it is in my best interest. I don't decide anything lightly in dayz, and yes it has gotten me killed many times over. But I try and learn every play through

- I don't suicide

- I don't kos 99.9% of the time

- nor do I combat Log or Server Hop

- take same route/loot spots

- I don't spend 99% camping in woods when playing in hardcore, Just pre-cautious 

However, I still have an enormous amount of fun. This is why I enjoy playing this open ended sandbox game. No one can change my play style no matter how much some people don't like it.

Like I mention in majority of my posts, OP it is merely your speculation, personal opinions and experiences that have allowed your outlook on this game. Not every run through has to end the same, nor the playstyle! 

• Like 1

New players

1.Look for a server with a decent amount of people (clueless to the fact that loot in dayz does not respawn)

They should be smart enough to look at the time listed in the server list, and even then I don't blame people who do this, I avoid night time servers completely as well, it's a nuisance to play in unless you have a flashlight or headlamp, and then you're just giving your position away. There's really no reason to play in a night time server in my opinion, I can't find any enjoyment in them personally.

New players

3. Run to first group of houses they see from their spawn (unaware of the fact that that there are only a select few spawn locations in dayz, and that those houses more than likely have already been looted by other fresh spawns)

4. Spend 40 minutes looking in dozens of houses that have already been looted finding absolutely nothing but a rotten kiwi and banana

5. Quit

6. Tell themselves that they will give it another try down the road when future patches come out (I have 14 friends on my steam  list who all have <1 hour total time played of dayz)

Experienced players

1. Spawn

2 .Realize you spawned too far from anywhere good and look for nearest place to kill yourself.

4. Finally respawn somewhere good, run directly to the games pre-set gun spawn locations

5. Get unlucky, find nothing, server-hop to a low populated server that has just been recently restarted so you can claim all the loot before anyone else.

6.Gear up

8.. Pvp

9. Die

10. Repeat

Hardcore players

Spend hours running through the woods pretending they are having a good time

TiL im hardcore!

That's not totally true. I literally got DayZ Standalone about 4 hours ago (Never played Arma II before either) and I have to say, this is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.

The only thing I am weary about is -

• Meeting other players

Not knowing whether they're friendly or not is disconcerting.

• The seeming less unlimited landscape

In terms of gathering loot, meeting other people, surviving in general.

I've clocked in 4 hours so far and it's pretty awesome. Anyone wanna meet up? (lol) 

Hmm your just in your honeymoon period, dayz idea is the best ever.. But the overall content is lacking.

I like to tell myself it will get better, but i been waiting for two years and i havent seen anything yet

kos and worthless zeds are making people bored/frustrated, i get it already

I can live with KOS, it happened a lot in mod as well.

What I dislike is loot not spawning, because for me it is a tad frustrating to try to play on full servers, only to find everything was already looted dry.

Once they introduce loot respawn, I believe that will push the game a lot towards being great.

And yeah, zombies not glitching through walls will also bring much joy. Those 2 things are what I dislike at current state of DayZ SA the most.

I could ofc list a lot more things that I would make me happy (better fps in towns, glitching in walls), but I will patiently wait.

btw I think OP was a bit trolling.

Edited by Hombre

Experienced players

1. Spawn

6.Gear up

8.. Pvp

9. Die

10. Repeat

I don't think you know how to play at all. It certainly sounds pretty sad and boring, maybe you should try another game. 

Hmm your just in your honeymoon period, dayz idea is the best ever.. But the overall content is lacking.

I like to tell myself it will get better, but i been waiting for two years and i havent seen anything yet

You've been waiting for two damn years huh? Yeah, and when did the alpha start again?

• Like 2