Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

The New Hunting Rifle And Pistol

Well I had hoped the amphibians .22 would be audible to players but silent to zombies. Looks like arrows will be the only silent ranged weapon.

Or throwing hatchets. :)

Or the current guns we already have like the SKS and M4A1 lol. Hell even the FNX is better than the .22 lol

What about that 9mm handgun? It should pack more of a punch.

the FNX is badly broken and should have a MUCH bigger punch, its a .45 cal and does massive damage and should be a 1 or 2 shot kill at most so i would imagine the 9mm to be even worse.

• Like 2

A .22 is still going to have that headshot stopping power from 300m.

No it shouldn't nor should you be able to actually hit a person in the head with any reliability with standard 22 ammunition from a carbine or pistol from 300 yards.

Past ~250 yards you are dealing with better than 8 FEET of bullet drop and a bullet that is ballisticly unstable, it is at that point tumbling, a plaything of physics, gravity and the wind.

ballistics500011_zps0a1215e6.jpg

Ive shot targets with a 22 at about 200 yards, no wind, from a specially built  long barreled 10/22, that's about the limit of a 10/22 and the 22LR cartridge. I doubt even that beast could kill a person at that range, least not on purpose.

Edited by Franchi

No it shouldn't nor should you be able to actually hit a person in the head with any reliability with standard 22 ammunition from a carbine or pistol from 300 yards.

Past ~250 yards you are dealing with better than 8 FEET of bullet drop and a bullet that is ballisticly unstable, it is at that point tumbling, a plaything of physics, gravity and the wind.

Ive shot targets with a 22 at about 200 yards, no wind, from a specially built long barreled 10/22, that's about the limit of a 10/22 and the 22LR cartridge. I doubt even that beast could kill a person at that range, least not on purpose.

Under 200 meters, a .22 is quite lethal. It will penetrate a skull and bounce around your brain case causing unbelievable damage.

A .22 can also pierce flesh and then bounce off of ribs, causing irreparable damage inside.

The issue with a .22 is that any type of body armor will stop it.

I know most .22 critics won't watch this, but you should. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkOzr6cDx0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Like 2

Under 200 meters, a .22 is quite lethal. It will penetrate a skull and bounce around your brain case causing unbelievable damage.

A .22 can also pierce flesh and then bounce off of ribs, causing irreparable damage inside.

The issue with a .22 is that any type of body armor will stop it.

I know most .22 critics won't watch this, but you should. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkOzr6cDx0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can it be lethal? Yes.

Can you reliably hit a target in a vital area at 200m with a 10/22 carbine? no.

Most 22 defenders such as yourself don't even bother checking whats being discussed or used in a youtube video Its velocitors a high velocity 22LR load the yellow or orange or purple line, not the far more common blue line, fired from a custom 10/22.

Your own video despite using velocitors and a custom 10/22 backs me up, what 10 or so recorded  misses on a stationary head size target at a known range and wind with previous sight in at the same range and location? I am terrified!

Edited by Franchi

I haven't used any yet as I just played for a little bit before work, but I did get shot in the chest with the .22 rifle and it seemed to really pretty much tickle. I had no vest or anything just leather jacket on. I was also full health before being shot. 

It ruined the jacket, didn't make me bleed, and I healed the damage back within about 3 mins. 

Sounds about right for just a little .22

Not really.

You're underestimating .22. It is a small bullet, and won't kill someone in one shot (unless you aim for the head, which I'll get to in a moment), but it should at least cause a bit of damage.

See, if you're shot in the chest with a .22 or any sort of bullet, you will bleed. It doesn't matter the caliber, if you get shot, there is going to be some blood you're going to have to stop from pumping out of your newly acquired gunshot wound.

Now, if you get shot in the head with a .22, its going to rattle around in your brains and completely demolish that noggin of yours. So, yeah, aim for the head with the .22.

Not really.

You're underestimating .22. It is a small bullet, and won't kill someone in one shot (unless you aim for the head, which I'll get to in a moment), but it should at least cause a bit of damage.

See, if you're shot in the chest with a .22 or any sort of bullet, you will bleed. It doesn't matter the caliber, if you get shot, there is going to be some blood you're going to have to stop from pumping out of your newly acquired gunshot wound.

Now, if you get shot in the head with a .22, its going to rattle around in your brains and completely demolish that noggin of yours. So, yeah, aim for the head with the .22.

22LR about the best 22 ammo out there.

223, typical load excellent bullet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2vaJCBQTs

30-06, typical load typical bullet.

7mm Remington magnum, standard load, excellent bullet.

That's what I shoot, even the same bullets (Barnes TSX) tho my bullets are 10 grains heavier and my load is ~120 FPS faster.

Take your "22lr Is very lethal" argument elsewhere, adults who own guns are talking. Sure a 22 CAN kill, but unless we are going to make every other weapon in the game a one shot kill anywhere on the body they shouldn't kill players in dayz short of 5-10 rounds.

Ive liquified a deers internal organs (heart liver lungs) with a single round of 7mm Remington magnum, the hydrostatic shock is THAT intense.

Edited by Franchi

They need to give bullets a chance of causing internal bleeding. Not "you have crafted rags" bleeding. The serious stuff, more often than not resulting in death. You might not die right away, but a single round from any gun could potentially take you out.

There's always the odd stories where a stray .22 bullet came down and killed someone hundreds of yards away. Guns shouldn't just take little bites out of some large health pool, being completely impossible to kill them with a single shot to the torso.

• Like 2

They need to give bullets a chance of causing internal bleeding. Not "you have crafted rags" bleeding. The serious stuff, more often than not resulting in death. You might not die right away, but a single round from any gun could potentially take you out.

There's always the odd stories where a stray .22 bullet came down and killed someone hundreds of yards away. Guns shouldn't just take little bites out of some large health pool, being completely impossible to kill them with a single shot to the torso.

Realistically just about any GSW is going to be a death sentence in an apocalyptic situation, blood loss, shock, trauma, internal bleeding and infection. You can't just go to the ER and get fixed up by a trauma surgeon, even keeping the wound clean and dressed is going to be a problem nor can you run down to the pharmacy and get some antibiotics.

But  that is not going to be fun for most people.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

Realistically just about any GSW is going to be a death sentence in an apocalyptic situation, blood loss, shock, trauma, internal bleeding and infection. You can't just go to the ER and get fixed up by a trauma surgeon, nor can you run down to the pharmacy and get some antibiotics.

But  that is not going to be fun for most people.

Plus everyones going to pass over a shit gun like this unless they absolutely have no choice period lol.

No since I've become emotionally attached to my regular character on stable and I've heard that there's a chance of those characters being wiped by switching between stable and exp.

I swap back and forth all the time and have never had a problem with characters getting wiped.

That's what I shoot, even the same bullets (Barnes TSX) tho my bullets are 10 grains heavier and my load is ~120 FPS faster.

Take your "22lr Is very lethal" argument elsewhere, adults who own guns are talking. Sure a 22 CAN kill, but unless we are going to make every other weapon in the game a one shot kill anywhere on the body they shouldn't kill players in dayz short of 5-10 rounds.

Ive liquified a deers internal organs (heart liver lungs) with a single round of 7mm Remington magnum, the hydrostatic shock is THAT intense.

I agree with you, actually. As a guy who lives up north, and having been shooting .22 from age 5, I can say that while a .22 CAN BE lethal, it is ALL shot placement. Ive hit red squirrels with a .22 and had them still run up a tree. I actually hit a raccoon in the face with a .22, and he jerked his head back, then looked right the fuck at me. no joke. I gave him another, and he feel out of the tree. But, then again, Ive also had the shot where I put a .22 in a deers skull, and it drops it, immediately. Ive also had shots where I put it through the heart, and it didnt go out the other side. Its all shot placement. but to be honest, .22 is a hunting round. unless you can put enough rounds down range to maim or kill, its not really for combat. (note, when i shot that raccoon, it was late winter, and he was moving slow, so I figure that I hit the brain in a freak nonlethal way, or that somehow the shock (or the cold) overrid the brain damage. Who knows. ._.)

Edited by LootandLive

Can it be lethal? Yes.

Can you reliably hit a target in a vital area at 200m with a 10/22 carbine? no.

Most 22 defenders such as yourself don't even bother checking whats being discussed or used in a youtube video Its velocitors a high velocity 22LR load the yellow or orange or purple line, not the far more common blue line, fired from a custom 10/22.

Your own video despite using velocitors and a custom 10/22 backs me up, what 10 or so recorded misses on a stationary head size target at a known range and wind with previous sight in at the same range and location? I am terrified!

Regardless, your previous statement seemed to heavily imply that .22 rounds aren't lethal and can't hit anything at 200 meters.

I was simply pointing out that underestimating the lethality of a .22 is a mistake that most gamers make, because clearly the only round that's lethal in one shot are .50 BMG rounds, according to video games.

No need to get overly defensive.

I'm still confused as to why so many people in Chernarus own guns with no magazines, magazines with no guns, guns but no ammo, and ammo but no guns.

Realistically that'd happen, but it would be a very poor choice to implement into the game for balance reasons.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Ive shot targets with a 22 at about 200 yards, no wind, from a specially built  long barreled 10/22, that's about the limit of a 10/22 and the 22LR cartridge. I doubt even that beast could kill a person at that range, least not on purpose.

LOL, I love when you wiki warriors try to post facts about things they do not even understand.

An experienced marksman is going to know how to compensate for trajectory issues in different situations and environments.

Realistically that'd happen, but it would be a very poor choice to implement into the game for balance reasons.

I totally disagree, I can see no problems with the idea. If anything it would be more balanced and people would think twice before launching themselves into hairy situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEDo_PbAvJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8E138NgyFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gp8xJZO0c4

Your arugment is flawed.

Of course a 7mm Remington is more lethal than a .22. Getting hit by a train is also more lethal than getting hit by a Honda Civic, but it doesn't mean that either is preferable.

No one is saying that a .22 is a super round that tears people limb from limb, but so many people like to act as though it just tickles or leaves light bruising.

• Like 2

In actuality (real life), I would prefer to use a .22LR or, more likely, a 12ga shotgun over almost every other firearm available. Available everywhere, pretty much every firearm company has a weapon that can chamber it, lightweight, multi-functionality, etc.

Remember, in a long-term situation, ease of logistics trumps almost every other quality. This stands for almost every piece of gear you can own.

• Like 1

Regardless, your previous statement seemed to heavily imply that .22 rounds aren't lethal and can't hit anything at 200 meters.

I was simply pointing out that underestimating the lethality of a .22 is a mistake that most gamers make, because clearly the only round that's lethal in one shot are .50 BMG rounds, according to video games.

No need to get overly defensive.

My previous statement implied you cannot hit a target past ~250-300 with a 22 carbine with any reliability, this is a fact your own video backs up. If you cannot hit it reliably you cannot kill it reliably. Given the small amount of damage caused by a 22LR  at the speeds it travels at 200m+ the area you need to hit for a kill is very small.

Keep in mind that this is dayz, where getting shot in the chest by a 7.62x54 just needs a rag +some food to repair.

LOL, I love when you wiki warriors try to post facts about things they do not even understand.

An experienced marksman is going to know how to compensate for trajectory issues in different situations and environments.

You cannot compensate for bullet tumble, there is no mathematical equation or ballistic chart that solves that one for you.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong.

Your arugment is flawed.

Of course a 7mm Remington is more lethal than a .22. Getting hit by a train is also more lethal than getting hit by a Honda Civic, but it doesn't mean that either is preferable.

No one is saying that a .22 is a super round that tears people limb from limb, but so many people like to act as though it just tickles or leaves light bruising.

In a game where multiple 45 ACP rounds to the chest and a 7.62x54r to the chest is survivable a 22lr should not be considered dangerous.

If you knew you were going to be shot but could pick the round would you choose to be shot by a 7mm Remington magnum or would you choose to be shot by a 22lr?

In actuality (real life), I would prefer to use a .22LR or, more likely, a 12ga shotgun over almost every other firearm available. Available everywhere, pretty much every firearm company has a weapon that can chamber it, lightweight, multi-functionality, etc.

Remember, in a long-term situation, ease of logistics trumps almost every other quality. This stands for almost every piece of gear you can own.

If I was stuck with just one gun I would choose a 30-06, pretty much every firearm company chambers a gun in it, most common center fire rifle in the US and is good enough for all game outside of dangerous African game (even there it can do the job). Effective at well over 800 yards.

Thankfully I will not be restricted to just one gun, I will have my assorted 22lrs, 22 magnum, 9mms, 38 special, 45 ACPs, assorted 223s, 762x39, 243, 308, 270, 762x54r, 30-06, 7mm Remington magnum, 20 gauge, 16 gauge and 12 gauge among others to choose from.

Honestly the logistics of medical supplies would be far more important than the logistics of ammunition.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

You cannot compensate for bullet tumble, there is no mathematical equation or ballistic chart that solves that one for you.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong.

A wiki warrior calling ME a wiki warrior, LMFAO.  I don't care how much shit you google, unless you have firsthand experience shooting various firearms, your findings mean jack shit.

A wiki warrior calling ME a wiki warrior, LMFAO.  I don't care how much shit you google, unless you have firsthand experience shooting various firearms, your findings mean jack shit.

I have first hand experience firing weapons. LOTS OF IT.

Here is a small sample of my collection, picture taken some years ago to prove a point on another game forum (MWO hence the NGNG teamspeak used as proof at the time).

P1010014-1_zps62341990.jpg

In that pic 22long rifle (10/22 Carbine), 7.62x39 (Norinco SKS), 38 Special (colt) 7mm Remington magnum (Remington 700), 45 ACP (Springfield 1911),  22long rifle (SW AR-22), 308 Winchester (howa 1500), 223 Remington  (bushmaster AR-15), 12 gauge (Remington 870), 40 SW (Smith and Wesson 4053)

I have killed animals with all of those save the 38 and the Howa, The Howa I built from the action, new barrel hand made stock. The Remington is in a custom stock with new bottom metal and a matchless finish that I again did myself.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong again. That is getting to be a habit for you.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 2

I have first hand experience firing weapons. LOTS OF IT.

Here is a small sample of my collection, picture taken some years ago to prove a point on another game forum.

P1010014-1_zps62341990.jpg

In that pic 22long rifle (10/22 Carbine), 7.62x39 (Norinco SKS), 38 Special (colt) 7mm Remington magnum (Remington 700), 45 ACP (Springfield 1911),  22long rifle (SW AR-22), 308 Winchester (howa 1500), 223 Remington  (bushmaster AR-15), 12 gauge (Remington 870), 40 SW (Smith and Wesson 4053)

I have killed animals with all of those save the 38 and the Howa, The Howa I built from the action.

Sorry wiki warrior you are wrong again. That is getting to be a habit for you.

Nice picture ripped from google.

Nice picture ripped from google.

DSCF9049_zps40705e5c.jpg

That better?

DSCF9041_zps57c46c9f.jpg

Cut in half off screen to the left savage magazine fed bolt action 410, next on the left 308 howa 1500 (hand built by me walnut stock, black walnut for-end tip and domed Oppenheimer grip cap), From right, Marlin model 60 22lr, 7mm Remington magnum Remington 700, Top to bottom in center Winchester semi auto 12 gauge, Spanish made double barrel 12 gauge, Savage break action 410, sporterized GEW Mauser 30-06, S&W AR-22 22lr, S&W DA revolver 45ACP (with full moon clip), S&W 4053 40SW, Colt 38 SPL, Rugger 10/22 Carbine, Norinco SKS, 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster NRA edition (chromed bolt, gold plated trigger, engraved receiver, laser cut checkering), 12 gauge 870 Express.

DSCF9042_zps0099f492.jpg

How about now?

(This is the point where you vanish from the thread or claim you were just trolling)

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 4

DSCF9049_zps40705e5c.jpg

That better?

DSCF9041_zps57c46c9f.jpg

Cut in half off screen to the left savage magazine fed bolt action 410, next on the left 308 howa 1500 (hand built by me walnut stock, black walnut for-end tip and domed Oppenheimer grip cap), From right, Marlin model 60 22lr, 7mm Remington magnum Remington 700, Top to bottom in center Winchester semi auto 12 gauge, Spanish made double barrel 12 gauge, Savage break action 410, sporterized GEW Mauser 30-06, S&W AR-22 22lr, S&W DA revolver 45ACP (with full moon clip), S&W 4053 40SW, Colt 38 SPL, Rugger 10/22 Carbine, Norinco SKS, 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster NRA edition (chromed bolt, gold plated trigger, engraved receiver, laser cut checkering), 12 gauge 870 Express.

DSCF9042_zps0099f492.jpg

How about now?

(This is the point where you vanish from the thread or claim you were just trolling)

Anyone familiar with photoshop could have made the same picture.  Nice try, bro.

Anyone familiar with photoshop could have made the same picture.  Nice try, bro.

Not all of them in under an hour.

Not with perfect shadow.

Not on a semi complex background.

Reverse image search them bro.

Nice try wiki warrior.

Edit: 300

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1