Sign in to follow this  
yorkmorgan

Specific Castle Loot

The Castles in Chernarus are awesome but its a bit weird that they spawn shoes and jeans in standalone, and it was even weirder in the mod where they spawned guns... Basically they should spawn swords, bows and arrows (especially as they are now implementing these for sure) and best of all, pieces of armour. Here's a picture of a rioter in Ukriane:

0D1kWCf-Imgur1_zps7f6a8be0.jpg

No freshspawn's knocking that guy out...

• Like 2

It's not really a medieval castle tho.. and inb4 graveyard.

Why would they spawn swords, bows and arrows? It's not the medieval period. Only if the castles were museums would it make sense.

If you actually want to analytically deconstruct this game then you will find thousands of holes in it. I only think it would be better to find these things than to find rifles or jogging shoes... and besides, who's to say that some of these castles weren't tourist attractions that had armour and weapons on display?

If you actually want to analytically deconstruct this game then you will find thousands of holes in it. I only think it would be better to find these things than to find rifles or jogging shoes... and besides, who's to say that some of these castles weren't tourist attractions that had armour and weapons on display?

By the fact that they pretty much appear abandoned.  I could see if there was maybe a parking lot or an improved trail leading to the castle, or even a modern building on the grounds to act as a museum.  And yes there's shit ton's of holes we can poke in DayZ, such as 'why am I finding military gear in a firestation?'  We need to remember that it's alpher and everything is being worked on and subject to change.  Hell you might get you wish and they turn Devils Castle into a museum  with replica swords, armor, bardiches, ect.  Till then the only 'explanation' I can think of is the zombies now there and hanging around brought that stuff (spare clohes, food, simple weapons) there to try and survive the outbreak before they succumbed to the infection.

The Castles in Chernarus are awesome but its a bit weird that they spawn shoes and jeans in standalone, and it was even weirder in the mod where they spawned guns... Basically they should spawn swords, bows and arrows (especially as they are now implementing these for sure) and best of all, pieces of armour. Here's a picture of a rioter in Ukriane:

No freshspawn's knocking that guy out...

No thank you, doesn't fit the game. Stop trying to make DayZ into what you want it to be. It would be cool, but belongs in a different game, not Chernarus.

The Castles around Chernarus are tourist spots, people have already discovered them and probably took out all of the relics in them and transported them to a Museum in the nation's Capital (Novi Grad I think it is). You can see tourist signs and things on the entrances with their names.

They should make a museum in Chernogorsk or something though, that would be pretty cool.

Edited by mullraugh

They should spawn nothing at all , but maybe just be more spruced up with dead bodies as if people were up there and succumbed to the virus and were killed after turning. Or just some random static objects to suggest a camp was there.

I love the natural beauty of the devils castle area but I feel like plenty of people would head to a castle in the woods during a zombie apocalypse (as long as it wasn't crumbling). Simply since they're always built tactically on hills and the interior (courtyards) are very open , not to mention the interior rooms are stable (in the case of the devils castle, not much room but enough for a fire and sleeping bag ) so a small group of survivors could live there .