jdhayward

FR 34 Ridiculous admin ban

Me and my friend (Rear Admiral) in game were banditing on FR 34 and killed a couple of people.

We are then both killed and run back for our stuff. I find a m9 in elektros fire station after which I start sprinting for my corpse.

I then hear something unintelligible in side chat and receive an admin ban for playing the game...The way it's meant to be played.

Is there anyway this can be reversed or contested. Seems ridiculous to get booted from a good, populated server for being a bandit

I don't know if running around and KoSing every player you see is playing the game the way it's meant to be played...we can debate about that all day long and never come to a conclusion.

But banning for only that is surely not the right thing to do. Either you have done something terribad or you should prove your innocence and report the server.

Moved

Then it is up to the admin to decide if your playstyle ( which is indeed a frowned upon gamestyle ) is disturbing or not. I'm pretty sure they won't bother getting blacklisted if that is even possible or useful at this point if they can raise the game quality for everyone else who wants to have a survival experience without getting shot in the back every 5 mins.

I'm sorry but I'm failing to understand the rage here.

My last character survived for 181 days over a 7 month period of on and off playing and I discovered pretty quickly that people shoot at you which is part of the 'survival experience'

We had good gear and wanted to do some pvp against other people with weapons. If not the game just becomes 'farmyard hatchet simulator 2014'

How is it fair to get banned for playing the game in a certain play style. It's a zombie apocalypse for crying out loud. Not everyone wants to be best buddies.

I doubt there was a ban issued simply for KoS in this server.  I've passed this information along to the owner, who always works with players to resolve these issues.  I hope to see this move forward in a respectful manner that makes everyone happy.

Cheers,

Jimmy

We had good gear and wanted to do some pvp against other people with weapons. If not the game just becomes 'farmyard hatchet simulator 2014'

Me and my friend (Rear Admiral) in game were banditing on FR 34 and killed a couple of people.

We are then both killed and run back for our stuff. I find a m9 in elektros fire station after which I start sprinting for my corpse.

So where did you die(where was your corpse)?

Just at the top of the hill opposite the other fire station, the one to the right of the mart if your viewing from the hill.

What a joke dude, so you went to Elektro to camp sniper hill so you could "do some pvp against other people with weapons".

you went to a fresh spawn area to kill players with your end game gear that had just spawned and looking for rifles in the fire towers.

A lot of server might frown upon this.  Maybe next time you want to  "do some pvp against other people with weapons" you should try an airfield or Stary....

We did the airfield and we had been on the server before. Not a lot of fresh spawns at all. We'd been nearly killed by a guy with an AK once and had seen at least 2 other people with similar weapons and one ghillied up guy with a DMR. Fresh spawns have nothing to steal so why bother.

First you say you want to kill players with weapons, that could shoot back maybe?

And to do this you went to Elektro to kill freshies?

Read above.

I'd been on server many times and seen the sort of kit people had.

We had to kill someone to get the DMR my partner had.

Why would I kill for some road flares?

Beside this electro is a notorious pvp hot spot and killing other players is fair game. If not we all run around away from each other up north with powerful guns not doing much.

OP,

When you connect to the server what is the ban message that is displayed?

Cheers,

Jimmy

I then hear something unintelligible in side chat and receive an admin ban for playing the game...The way it's meant to be played.

Is there anyway this can be reversed or contested. Seems ridiculous to get booted from a good, populated server for being a bandit

I suppose your name in game is Jarryd.

You are not banned, neither 'Rear Admiral' is.

As mentioned above, you should give the full ban message. In your case, is a ban "without reason", that means that you get "Admin ban" in the pop-up window, with no explanation after these 2 words. I never ban like this. You are victim of a BattlEye bug. It can happen to me too, and I am the admin :(. The server detects automatically these bans, and you are unbanned few minutes later. Basically you were banned for 140 seconds.

< 23:08:33   Players on server:

6   151.xxx.xxx.238:2304   19   0xxxa2d7eb29d3742f191b604d3a927f(OK) Jarryd

< 23:12:37   (empty response)

< 23:12:37   Player #6 Jarryd (0xxxa2d7eb29d3742f191b604d3a927f) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Ban

< 23:14:45   

Ban with no reason 0xxxa2d7eb29d3742f191b604d3a927f, unbanning

< 23:14:51   RCon admin #3 (88.190.36.132:60201) logged in

< 23:14:51   RCon admin #3 (88.190.36.132:60201) logged in

• Like 1

Okay well that's fair enough. I did check a good while after ward and I still couldn't get on.

I'll try it again tonight and see if the ban has been lifted.

It did seem sketchy as someone was kicking off at me in side chat on voice as it happened and all my gear disappeared.

Oh well problem solved I guess.

Does this bug happen often?

Does this bug happen often?

it's a real annoyance, and I can't fix it beside this auto-unban and a message in the MOTD.

It happens to 7 players per day on average.

Glad to see this issue has been handled peacefully.  I knew Faco's server was top-notch and I've never seen anyone simply banned with the "admin ban" message--hence my reason for asking what the message was.  Didn't add up. 

In any case, glad we're all good.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Thanks a lot!

Hey mate,

It would be kind of you to change your thread's title to something similar to "Resolved".  Or anything other than what it is.  The name would be misleading to someone just cruising the server forums--seeing as how it was a misunderstanding.

Think it over!

cheers,

Jimmy