res

Why don't our characters wear boots properly?

You see..

Your pants, go INSIDE your combat/military or whatever boots, this should be in DayZ.

And even though I don't like wellies, wearing them outside your boots completely ruins their porpoise.

Is this something to be fixed or implemented later?

Also, I heard that we will be able to have beards and shave them, will we be able to shave our heads too?

I would really like to see that.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

since we are not in the military it really doesnt matter.

You see..

Your pants, go INSIDE your combat/military or whatever boots, this should be in DayZ.

No, no, no, no, and more no.....

You see..

And even though I don't like wellies, wearing them outside your boots completely ruins their porpoise.

Is this something to be fixed or implemented later?

Also, I heard that we will be able to have beards and shave them, will we be able to shave our heads too?

I would really like to see that.

Thanks in advance.

As far as US military, we do not (unless its a new thing they started doing recently) tuck our pants in our boots. We use bootbands to make it look that way.. 

• Like 5

In terms of "Wellies" as they call them yes, we should wear our pants inside. I don't know about you, but if I was to walk into a pond with rubber boots on, I'd like to keep my pants and feet dry.

Related: Found this looking for boots

sorry-they-dont-have-rain-boots-in-your-

• Like 1

Maybe you're not finding the right size footwear?  If they're too small you can't tuck your pants in them.

Oh god the horror of coding making specific pants be inside specific foot-wear.

• Like 2

U.S. military uses 19YfRyR.png to make it look like they tuck their pants in... they actually don't tuck them in and it's out of uniform to tuck your pants in your boots.

• Like 2

As far as US military, we do not (unless its a new thing they started doing recently) tuck our pants in our boots. We use bootbands to make it look that way.. 

dont know about you, but i used to tuck in just the part with the laces in the cuffs, enough to have the movement i needed. Boot bands is option, at least it was when i was in.

to the open im half with ya, only if they are not military boots.....

Ummm, actually 670-1 permits either method.  I personally choose to tuck my pants into the boots.  :D  I hate blousing bands!

• Like 2

U.S. military uses 19YfRyR.png to make it look like they tuck their pants in... they actually don't tuck them in and it's out of uniform to tuck your pants in your boots.

^^^I cannot call a sufficient level of BULS**T on this.  Tucking pants into boots is perfectly acceptable for uniform standards.  Try reading the standards...

• Like 3

Then why do we have the punk boots with the nice (A) when we cant even show them to others? :(

Also shaved heads is a must have imo. Remember when I had mine shaved like a year ago... It makes you feel like your head reached a whole new level on freedom.

OK EVERYBODY. this topic seems to have shifted in a way

Edited by Jfiles

US Marine Corps uses boot bands to blouse the trousers outside the boots.  I can cite the regs, P1020.34G if you'd like.  Now I'm not sure about the US Army's uniform standards but I believe they can tuck their trousers into their boots and it is acceptable.

• Like 2

Ummm, actually 670-1 permits either method.  I personally choose to tuck my pants into the boots.  :D  I hate blousing bands!

I entered the Corps back in '96 and we used bootbands back then.. except for combat/field, that was anything goes

• Like 1

Outside of military regs, different boots in different situations are worn inside and outside of pants. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. wearing wellies in the water? inside. Wearing cowboy boots/work boots/hiking boots while tromping through brush? Outside. Wellies in the brush? Outside, unless you enjoy having twigs and crap in your boots causing blisters.

Then why do we have the punk boots with the nice (A) when we cant even show them to others? :(

Just wear short/capri (3/4) pants and you c the nice (A)

Also beards was never offical confirmed.

The others would look at me funny and point fingers if I stuck my pants in my boots when in service.

When I wear my civilian boots I always have my pants outside.

The reason you wear pants outside the boots is it doesn't matter if your pants get wet if they're on the outside of the boot. If you put your pants inside you'll have, as previously stated, all kinds of crap falling into your boots.

Also fluids travel down through fabric and if it rains or you piss yourself or simply sweat profusely you'd prefer if that went on the outside of your boots.

The only time you would probably stick your pants inside would be standing still in shallow water, on a clear sunny day. Not sure why you would do that though, unless you're out fishing or something.

So until they introduce fishing into DayZ this is a non-issue. ;)

You see..

Not always, some armies wear then on the outside. In the Swedish Army we wore our trousers on the outside of the boots, and they had special hooks to keep them attached to the tops of the boots. And in DayZ we're all civilians anyway, and most people don't tuck their trousers in. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the U.S. ARMY tucks when they wear ACU's. I believe every other branch blouses them.