Sign in to follow this  
PoppinHeads

It's not a "clip"! Stop pretending like you've actually held a gun before!

I just need to express this rant.  I was just playing just now, and some guy was running around following me, asking me for clips for his pistol.  He wouldn't stop following me, spamming over his mic "hey got any clips"..."hey, you got any clips I can have"..."hey..." STFU and I shot him in the face and took his rice.

Magazines =/= Clips

They are NOT interchangeable terms.  Currently, there is only ONE gun in this game that uses a clip, and that is the SKS.  The M4 and the FNX45 are incompatible with "clips", they use magazines.  

As a gun owner, this is my biggest pet peeve.  I understand many of you are knowledgeable of firearms based solely on the info you get from the media.  The media doesn't know shit, ok?  

Let's recap:

Magazines =/= Clips

/rant

PS - the only reason I'm even starting a thread is because this misconception that bullets are held in clips is entirely too prevalent with members of this specific community.  

PPS - I don't want any of you to sound like tools when talking to those who have actually handled firearms and are experienced shooters.  You will sound like an assclown asking for a "clip".  

• Like 3

Who gives a shit. You don't want anybody else to sound like tools? Sorry but you come off as one right now imo. Alot of people haven't fired anything other than a super soaker in their lives, and you shouldn't act all high and mighty because of it.

Like seriously you are ranting about someone saying "clip" other than "magazine". This is very troubling, what are we ever to do?

• Like 12

Eh bro, you got any clips?

• Like 1

I doubt anyone else cares about this as much as you seem to, whether they have experience with guns or not.

This is your biggest pet peeve? Really?  

Now excuse me while I go load my M4 clips with shells

• Like 5

Get over yourself OP.. who the fuck actually cares how people say things besides assholes anyhow? 

• Like 1

Get over yourself OP.. who the fuck actually cares how people say things besides assholes anyhow? 

Arseholes*

:)

• Like 1

I could use a clip for my M4 as well. Got any clips?

It's like when people call an m4 a rifle. It's actually a machine gun.

And shotguns...that one bugs me the most...it's not a shotgun idiots...it's called a boomstick

• Like 5

I doubt anyone else cares about this as much as you seem to, whether they have experience with guns or not.

This is your biggest pet peeve? Really?  

Now excuse me while I go load my M4 clips with shells

Pfff, you noob. Those are actually loaded with 7.62 bullets using STANAG clips that have to be loaded using the M4's bolt action.

Edited by AntonioAJC

What for the love of god have I just read.

As a professional internet asshole, it really bothers me when people whine about trivial and insignificant things.

I just need to express this rant.  I was just playing just now, and some guy was running around following me, asking me for clips for his pistol.  He wouldn't stop following me, spamming over his mic "hey got any clips"..."hey, you got any clips I can have"..."hey..." STFU and I shot him in the face and took his rice.

Magazines =/= Clips

They are NOT interchangeable terms.  Currently, there is only ONE gun in this game that uses a clip, and that is the SKS.  The M4 and the FNX45 are incompatible with "clips", they use magazines.  

As a gun owner, this is my biggest pet peeve.  I understand many of you are knowledgeable of firearms based solely on the info you get from the media.  The media doesn't know shit, ok?  

Let's recap:

Magazines =/= Clips

/rant

PS - the only reason I'm even starting a thread is because this misconception that bullets are held in clips is entirely too prevalent with members of this specific community.  

PPS - I don't want any of you to sound like tools when talking to those who have actually handled firearms and are experienced shooters.  You will sound like an assclown asking for a "clip".  

merging

Hello there

PoppinHeads, stop mashing that post button, you keep duplicating.

Rgds

LoK

when I think of magazine:

kf59weP.jpg

When I think of clip:

jDUzbq7.jpg

Dude... Christina Hendricks... HOT!

I really love Mad Men :thumbsup:

b2t:

I don't give a shit. Sry, bro.

Hello there

Im closing this as its a self confessed rant and has just turned into an enormo flame thread.

OP *may* have a point but its badly put and matters not unless you're in front of your Sgt or on the range.

IF OP wishes he may like to remake this thread, but try to be constructive next time and perhaps you will not receive so many "hilarious" and "zany" replies.

Nobody has come out of this thread looking good.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2