Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

Would You Help This Person?

Would You Help Them?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. You see a fresh spawn with broken legs and bleeding, you have a morphine and bandage but only one of each. Do you help them?

2. 2. You see a man with gun poorly equiped asking for a bandaid, he has a ruined shirt so can't make rags. Do you help them?

3. 3. You see a fully geared out TTSKO shirt and pants man asking for help, he has 4 weapons and houndreds of rounds of ammunition. Do You Help Him?

I find myself in many situations where people ask for help but I am always skepticle of helping them. My question to you is would you help these fine gentelman?

Edited by LeeFriendField

No to all. Trust, and my medical supplies, is either earned or bought.

For the fresh spawn, it depends. If it's a new player then I guess that would suck to have an experience where someone leaves you to die. But if they have had DayZ for awhile and they're just a fresh spawn, then I think I would save the morphine for one of my friends. The fresh spawn doesn't have too much to lose. I chose maybe for that.

I would help the man who needs to be bandaged, because I can just drop the bandage (or rags if I'm not willing to use a bandage) on the ground and watch him pick it up and use it. I don't think I'll ever take my eye off of people when they're "friendly". If he tries anything, I could fight back.

TTSKO guy? Fuck that. That's the time where I raise my awareness level to 100. Scan around and see if he has friends. Keep moving around to throw off snipers a little. Keep him in sight. Even if I engaged in conversation with him, I still would be skeptical. In fact, I might just leave him to die, or finish the job. I just honestly can't see myself helping this guy out. Plus, I would be considering what just happened before hand for him to even need my help.

• Like 2

No to first because i really don't care.

Maybe to the second, as it would really depend how i feel.

No to the last because if you're fully geared and don't have a single bandage or rag, then it's you're own fault.

1. No, he'll likely end up in the same situation in 5 minutes if i help him. Plus morphine is rare.

2. Yes, he seems like the kind of guy I'd get along with.

3. No, stereotypes aren't always true, but they definitely aren't always not true.

I would not give him my last supplies (Unless I was acting as medic at the time).

Most likely not as he has something that can kill me. If he can follow directions then maybe.

No, wtf does this guy need help for anyways.  He's probably a server hopping combat logger :D

• Like 1

Answered yes to the first 2, there was a specific reason for needing help, the last option you didn't mention what he needed.  A guy with that much kit rarely ever relies on others (except to rob and get more kit) so he was a maybe, depending on nature of his request

1: Yes

2: Probably

3: Doubt it

I actually ran into #1. There were only like 6 people on the server and ran into a guy next to a pond in the middle of nowhere literally screaming for help. Completely freaked me the hell out, and I honestly thought it was a trap.  He was in his underoos so I have a feeling somebody robbed him.

He just asked me to kill him though. That must have really sucked.

I obliged him once I was convinced I wasn't about to be jumped ;)

But what IS help? Sometimes help is a well placed bullet.

That reminds me of the help I provided a survivor last night.. had two zombies whacking on him and appeared to need my help so I shot him dead and sure enough the zombies stopped hitting him.

With me always depends on the individual. I don't look at gear I've gotten ttsko pants out of warehouses before at a newspawn areas. To me it depends on there tone of voice there personality etc. I just try an trust my gut, most cats don't use the whole bait method(I need help then kill you) usually they just try to use extreme force or an ambush approach. I donot try to be friendly and I'm not an evil prick it just depends on the moment and the individuals involved with who dies and who survives who gets help and who gets robbed. I just try and be on the winning side of that coin toss to the best of my ability.

Every encounter is situational. Depends on my mood, how they talk to me, if i feel in danger sitting in the open, pitch in their voice, whos with me etc etc... Everyone i help or kill is thought through.

One bambi i wanted to help but didnt fully trust. Said he was a newbie and just wanted to hang out. Told him to add me on Steam, if his playtime matches up in a newbish range, he could join my teamspeak and id help him out. If he had 200 hours I told him i'd gun him down. He left really quick

I have also taken many chances on trust, and play everyday with those people still.

Edited by twizzm
  • Like 1

I would administer lead to the head from 500m away like always, I'm so helpful 

Edited by ASDF991

By myself?

1. Yes

2. Maybe, as long as he sits down, and never takes his gun out.

3. Run away very fast

With my fully geared friend pointing his Mosin at the guy's head?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes if handcuffed, but as soon as he pulls out a gun, he gets a 7.62 in the face. (Also after searching for his equally armed friends first.)

Edited by Geckofrog7

By myself?

1. Yes

2. Maybe, as long as he sits down, and never takes his gun out.

3. Run away very fast

With my fully geared friend pointing his Mosin at the guy's head?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes if handcuffed, but as soon as he pulls out a gun, he gets a 7.62 in the face. (Also after searching for his equally armed friends first.)

No to all 3 questions as I stay hidden and out of comms range unless I screw up while looting.

Should not have given a maybe option, also, LOL why are so many people wanting to help for the second guy, seriously.

If he has a gun and nothing else, that means he has the means to take whatever and lose nothing, he is the WORST one to help.

If a fully geared guy is asking YOU for help, then clearly he is legit and would have just killed you already for the most part, yet people are like no.

The first one is well a do whatever situation, but ive learned to NOT help people like in situation 2.

BUT, if they are the ones who initiate contact first, that usually means they are desperate or have buddies waiting with a plan to do something, either way its a solid 50/50 when people contact YOU first, I know I am usually the one saying hey first, and am usually the one who dies, so that has taught me that usually the initiator is the more friendly.

I could help Q1 in this way -> fireaxe in his head xD

For Q2 maybe i could give him some rags or bandages, but then i will surely handcuff him while bandaging and leave him whit broken legs.

Q3.... Yeah i will help him by lowering his weightload, 4 weapons weight a lot :p, BAM HS !

No to all three

Fresh spawn will punch you out and steal all your shit at the first chance

Poorly equipped guy will kill you because he's gonna panic

TTSKO guy will kill you because you're a threat to him living

• Like 1

No to all three

Fresh spawn will punch you out and steal all your shit at the first chance

Poorly equipped guy will kill you because "he want your stuff"

TTSKO guy will kill you because you're a threat to him living

Fixed for you. Edited by KamiOfKOS