pythonmsh

If you combat log don't play, quit.

Personally I avoid everyone, but i understand that it aggravates some of you when people combat log. But see both sides of it, some of you can consider it fun to kill and rob others players (Part of the game) but it frustrates you to no end when someone combat logs. Correct?

Well what about the other player? He/She spent hours collecting things and enjoying the PvE side of things because he/she sees that as his/her fun. Now maybe it frustrates this player just as much as it does you when he/she gets killed compared to you getting combat logged on.

So when he/she combat logs he/she is trying to preserve what is fun to him/her.

So does that mean he/she is a "douche bag"  or "Pussy" because he/she was preserving what was fun to him/her but taking your fun away? No it doesn't, he/she is simply playing the sandbox game the way he/she intended to when he/she used his/her money...

Yeah, because bandits and KoSers are part of the game, they're acting in game. Hiding behind a tree and vanishing is not. Again, it is not playing at all. And if collecting gear is so much fun, hell, they get a chance to do it all over again if things end badly.

I thought combat logging was patched? Why is that still happening?

Or did this happen awhile ago?

Cause its shit, it shouldnt allow you to log, around zombies or people, and if you alt F4 it should kill you, like in the mod, the shit system they have now is pathetic and they haven't mentioned it being just a place holder, so to me that implies they think it is fine.

... you do not have to combat log to save your life. There are more realistic, fun, and challenging ways to do so. You can get yourself out of any situation if you put some effort into it- logging out requires no effort.

If you're shot by a sniper, and don't immediately go down, you don't just log. You get to cover, bandage up, and wait for him to leave or get impatient and come after you. Or, you flank up behind him and kill him while he's scoped in, or, you get out of their- while under cover, of course.

If you're about to be robbed by some guys, you have a few options- Run, let them rob you, or rush them with, like, your fists. All viable options, though if the players robbing you are any good, you'll be shot once your legs start kicking or your fists start pumping. I will admit, hitting a spazzy-running player with a mosin or even an M4 can be rather difficult, so do that. Run unpredictably.

If you're in a combat situation with a hostile player, run, hide, get to cover, shoot back. Don't just log.

Logging is the worst way to get out of a situation. It stops you from enjoying an encounter and saves your ass as cheaply as possible and takes a fair chance at you away from a player. Combat logging is cheating, as it cheats you and other players out of fun.

You obviously didn't take the time to read this thread in it's entirety, because I have already covered everything you mentioned.  

However, combat logging is NOT cheating no matter how you try to justify it as cheating.  I agree that it is an extremely cheap and cheesy tactic.

• Like 1

Cause its shit, it shouldnt allow you to log, around zombies or people, and if you alt F4 it should kill you, like in the mod, the shit system they have now is pathetic and they haven't mentioned it being just a place holder, so to me that implies they think it is fine.

Even if they do, I think it'll be edited in the future to be much better. Especially since people are giving them feedback about it.

Although, why not log out around people? Me and my friends find a safe house and log out together. I think it should detect combat in a different way.

can we make a KoS apperication thread and get him on twitch or something

he makes my panties wetttttttttt

I checked my phone and got on the DayZ forums. Saw a KoS post.

Had to walk around with what looked like a piss stain. 

Didn't even care bruh.

But one persons fun can be another persons grief it all DEPENDS on what your version of "FUN" is.

the fact that combat logging even passes through somebody's brain is totally stupid, they might as well just join empty servers.

Edited by IG Rage

They actually have confirmed that it is placeholder and by "they" I mean Rocket.

Remove the server switch timer. I crash a bunch and that timer is bullpoop

Actually, it makes them equal because if you can't kill someone who cannot defend themselves for 30 seconds, you really should quit playing the game just as much as the combat logger.

It's really hard to kill someone you wounded with a 900 meter chest wound, only to have them duck into s building and log out. Instead of trying to escape through cunning, counter snipe or rush the sniper, they just log out, change servers and heal up / replace gear.

You can't cross 900 meters in 30 seconds.

You obviously didn't take the time to read this thread in it's entirety, because I have already covered everything you mentioned.

However, combat logging is NOT cheating no matter how you try to justify it as cheating. I agree that it is an extremely cheap and cheesy tactic.

Well, if combat logging isn't cheating, then neither is going 3PP with fists out to glitch so you can see through walls. I mean, everyone can do it, right?

Not trying to make a slippery slope argument, but if the argument is that it's just a cheap tactic because it's an exploit, that means that every exploitable tactic is also allowable.

It's really hard to kill someone you wounded with a 900 meter chest wound, only to have them duck into s building and log out. Instead of trying to escape through cunning, counter snipe or rush the sniper, they just log out, change servers and heal up / replace gear.

You can't cross 900 meters in 30 seconds.

How do you know they logged out and didn't slip away in a different direction or didn't sit there and wait for you?  Most snipers aren't going to run and go check a building after firing a shot to give away their position.

Well, if combat logging isn't cheating, then neither is going 3PP with fists out to glitch so you can see through walls. I mean, everyone can do it, right?

Not trying to make a slippery slope argument, but if the argument is that it's just a cheap tactic because it's an exploit, that means that every exploitable tactic is also allowable.

It's alpha so people are going to do whatever gives them an advantage without getting banned.  If someone runs somewhere out of your sight and you are not in the immediate vicinity to get them before the 30 second timer is up, that is your fault for sniping from so far away.  Combat logging is just as cheap as people exploiting 3rd person view and camping new spawns on the coast.

I was in Electro and a few buddies were fresh spawns and they went up to sniper hill. And there was a sniper up there that was shooting at me. They ended up going behind him and knocked him out, they kept punching him in the head and he wouldn't die but during that time he ends up combat logging.

But it's a style of play right? It's acceptable!

Edit - This combat logger is the one up there with a long ranged mosin...

Edited by pythonmsh

I was in Electro and a few buddies were fresh spawns and they went up to sniper hill. And there was a sniper up there that was shooting at me. They ended up going behind him and knocked him out, they kept punching him in the head and he wouldn't die but during that time he ends up combat logging.

But it's a style of play right? It's acceptable!

Edit - This combat logger is the one up there with a long ranged mosin...

LOL, your buddies were too retarded to take his weapons while he was knocked out and make sure he was killed.  Can you fail any harder?

LOL, your buddies were too retarded to take his weapons while he was knocked out and make sure he was killed.  Can you fail any harder?

It wouldn't let them loot him? Yet again you're defending combat logging, way to go buddy.

It wouldn't let them loot him? Yet again you're defending combat logging, way to go buddy.

Any time I have knocked somebody out, the game let me loot their stuff.  Maybe your friends should suck less.

Any time I have knocked somebody out, the game let me loot their stuff.  Maybe your friends should suck less.

You should troll less baddy. Alpha bro, Alpha. Bugs will be bugs, right?

You should troll less baddy. Alpha bro, Alpha. Bugs will be bugs, right?

You go ahead and try to make up excuses for you and your friends being tryhard fail kids.   :thumbsup:

You go ahead and try to make up excuses for you and your friends being tryhard fail kids.   :thumbsup:

You're probably the biggest troll I've met on these forums. End yourself baddy.

You're probably the biggest troll I've met on these forums. End yourself baddy.

Telling the truth and stating an opinion isn't trolling.  By the way, isn't it past your bed time since you have school in the morning?

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

Telling the truth and stating an opinion is trolling.  By the way, isn't it past your bed time since you have school in the morning?

You're defending combat logging. Nothing you have to say is the truth. You're the child trolling, not me.

You're defending combat logging. Nothing you have to say is the truth. You're the child trolling, not me.

umadtho.jpg

Yikes you two... Look Oregonized, as another post pointed out; by your own reasoning, something like the exploit that let you duplicate items in the mod wouldn't be considered cheating....

That's fine if you have that opinion.  But don't pretend like it isn't a serious "exploit" of the current condition of the game.

It's not intended to be a part of the game and the devs will find a way to prevent it from happening. Just like with duping and other exploits.

Both of you grow up though... where do you think we are? the internet?

Yikes you two... Look Oregonized, as another post pointed out; by your own reasoning, something like the exploit that let you duplicate items in the mod wouldn't be considered cheating....

That's fine if you have that opinion.  But don't pretend like it isn't a serious "exploit" of the current condition of the game.

It's not intended to be a part of the game and the devs will find a way to prevent it from happening. Just like with duping and other exploits.

Both of you grow up though... where do you think we are? the internet?

Why are you bringing up the mod?  That is something completely different.  

Combat logging isn't an exploit or cheat.  Instead of crying about it on the forums suck less and kill the people before they can log out.

Locked temporarily for comment review.

By the way, isn't it past your bed time since you have school in the morning?

Behaviour like this is unacceptable. Change your attitude. (Also, your bed time comment is illogical due to time zones unless you know where who you are replying to lives.)

End yourself baddy.

The same goes for you. If you have a problem with another user, use the report button. That's why it is there.

--

I am keeping this topic locked, for the discussion only goes in circles, as it has in the past, and it only provokes flame wars.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2