pythonmsh

If you combat log don't play, quit.

Only if there was a way to track it. You should enter some sort of combat state after shooting or being shot at. That lasts 2-3 minutes. During that time you can't log out and if you do your character will remain there.

I understand where you're coming from bit it's still cheating. Just because I paid money for this game doesn't mean I should be allowed to cheat and or hack or abuse this game in anyway. 

It's very different, to hack you need other software and modifiy game files, to combat log, all you need to do is use an option available to everyone to your profit (Logging off).

Also, there is no way to detect when you're being shot at UNLESS you are hit, and I doubt that would be a good system.

running around killing people for the lulz isnt playing the game either, so whats your point? this thread is just as stupid as all of the anti-kos threads.

Not true at all. It's a shitty way to play, but it's still playing. You're still subject to the dangers of the environment and other players. You're still an active participant in the world.
  • Like 2

the mod had rampant kos, the SA has some kos, but justifying combat logging by avoiding kos is ignorant because it is a necessary evil to make the game fun.

Nothing, i mean, NOTHING justifies combat logging.

your definition of fun is not the same as everyone elses. deal with it or quit playing sandbox games.

It's very different, to hack you need other software and modifiy game files, to combat log, all you need to do is use an option available to everyone to your profit (Logging off).

Also, there is no way to detect when you're being shot at UNLESS you are hit, and I doubt that would be a good system.

It's a way of cheating and or abusing the system so you never die. 

your definition of fun is not the same as everyone elses. deal with it or quit playing sandbox games.

I think you misread his post.

• Like 1

I love how you assume I am ignorant and that I KOS for lulz.

I play as a hero, the fact that you judge me and stereotype me because of my opinion is too funny.

And it is necessary, played on PvE servers on the mod and there is no thrill whatsoever. 

I hate getting KOS'ed but it is relatively easy to avoid.

I think you misread his post.

no i didnt. there is not a singular definition of fun. and rampant kos is not necessary to make the game fun as he states.

I don't understand your logic. Enjoy being a combat logger, I'm fairly sure that you are one. I hope they start banning for it soon enough.

You don't understand my logic because you can't accept the truth.  Also, I am no combat logger but if it makes you sleep better at night to believe I am, so be it.  Bohemia isn't ever going to ban people for combat logging either.

This is why combat logging is for chumps because they are almost always server hoppers as well.  They go looking for trouble.. then log off when they find it.

TUQGm.jpg

I love how you assume I am ignorant and that I KOS for lulz.

I play as a hero, the fact that you judge me and stereotype me because of my opinion is too funny.

And it is necessary, played on PvE servers on the mod and there is no thrill whatsoever. 

i didnt asume or call you a kos'er or say you did it for the lulz. i said your definition of fun is not the same as everyone elses. if you cant handle the fact that a sandbox lets people play however they want that is your problem and nobody elses.

no i didnt. there is not a singular definition of fun. and rampant kos is not necessary to make the game fun as he states.

The fun in the game is not kos, for me at least, the fun is in the thrill that kos brings.

when I am playing Dayz, my heartbeat and adrenalin skyrocket.

You don't understand my logic because you can't accept the truth.  Also, I am no combat logger but if it makes you sleep better at night to believe I am, so be it.  Bohemia isn't ever going to ban people for combat logging either.

It's far from the truth. I seriously don't understand where you're coming from. I don't even care to argue with you anymore you sound so stupid.

Edited by Inception.
Please don't.

Okay then I misunderstood your post.  It seemed liked you thought he was not having fun and should leave the game because of that lack of fun.  Moving along, not the droids I was looking for.

The fun in the game is not kos, for me at least, the fun is in the thrill that human interaction brings.

Fixed :)

KOS is one of the interactions.

Edited by ChiefMasterKush
  • Like 1

i didnt asume or call you a kos'er or say you did it for the lulz. i said your definition of fun is not the same as everyone elses. if you cant handle the fact that a sandbox lets people play however they want that is your problem and nobody elses.

where are you getting this from what I am saying? You completely misunderstood what I am saying.

Yea the game is a sandbox, so kos, by definition, is a play style while combat logging, by definition, is an exploit.

• Like 3

where are you getting this from what I am saying? You completely misunderstood what I am saying.

Yea the game is a sandbox, so kos, by definition, is a play style while combat logging, by definition, is an exploit.

no its not an exploit. the exit button is in game to log you out. do you even know what an exploit is?

Made plainly obvious by the attempt at fixing it.

no its not an exploit. the exit button is in game to log you out. do you even know what an exploit is?

Explained above.

If it was intended functionality why in the heck did they add something to try and prevent it?

Edited by ChiefMasterKush
  • Like 1

Made plainly obvious by the attempt at fixing it.

^what he said, they are fixing combat logging because it is clearly not intended to be part of the game

• Like 1

The fun in the game is not kos, for me at least, the fun is in the thrill that kos brings.

thats fine, but what you fail to understand is that this game is not call of duty. other players are not here soley to give you entertainment, and you have no right to dictate how other people play. i personally dont give two shits what is fun for you or anyone else. you can play however the hell you want as far as im concerned, but dont come on here accusing people of being cheaters and not playing the game just because they dont play the same way you do.

it is in the game to log you out, that is it's

purpose. Using it strategically within the context of the game is an exploit.

• Like 1

^what he said, they are fixing combat logging because it is clearly not intended to be part of the game

the problem is its not an exploit. combat loggers are not circumventing any game mechanic to get unintended results. now if someone figured out how to work around the 30 second log out timer, and instantly combat log,  that would be an exploit.

• Like 1

He (we're) not, just stating that combat logging is for chumps.

Kill, Don't Kill, Hide, Don't Hide, Run, Walk.  I don't care and I'm pretty sure helcol doesn't care either.

• Like 1

the problem is its not an exploit. combat loggers are not circumventing any game mechanic to get unintended results. now if someone figured out how to work around the 30 second log out timer, and instantly combat log,  that would be an exploit.

More like a hack.

• Like 1

More like a hack.

no hacks are modifying or adding files to the game. now if someone modified ingame files or made some injected program shit to instantly combat log that would be a hack.

Edited by hellcat420

agree OP :beans:

pussy guys don't belong in dayz <_<

if you find yourself doing log out after pvP is start listen this - YOU ARE NO TESTICLE COWARD BITCH >:(

BUT life will repay you coward NO BALLS GUY

remember your subconscious mind remember everything you doing and one day TRUTH HIT YOU LIKE BULLET YOU TRY TO AVOID WITH COWARD LOG BULLSHIT :huh:

AND EVERY WOMAN YOU MEET IN REAL LIFE WILL SMELL THE FEAR WHAT IS COMING FROM YOUR PORES LIKE NASTY ASS STINK <_<

Forget to take your meds or something?!