GriefSlicer (DayZ)

[DayZ Sound Replacement Video] Why Have you not hired this guy!?!?!

i don't think sa currently has a sound engineer because there was no mention of him in the dev team office video.. i'm pretty sure all sounds are made by dean with pots and pans in his bathroom

yeah and one usb mic from 2009

• Like 1

Oh please, If they keep any sound currently let it be that one noise that the zombies make sometimes. You all know which one i'm talking about.

• Like 1

-.-

Edited by kedde

Oh please, If they keep any sound currently let it be that one noise that the zombies make sometimes. You all know which one i'm talking about.

oh god no.

new zed sounds please.

so tired of the same sounds/no zed sound changes since mod launch.

oh god no.

new zed sounds please.

so tired of the same sounds/no zed sound changes since mod launch.

Oh they should definately change them, but keep that one particular noise in.

Dubbing some sound effects over a video of the game is a COMPLETELY different ballgame than actually programming how the sound engine works. He seems to be a very good audio tech for film and the like, but people need to understand its an entirely different thing.

Dubbing some sound effects over a video of the game is a COMPLETELY different ballgame than actually programming how the sound engine works. He seems to be a very good audio tech for film and the like, but people need to understand its an entirely different thing.

I think most people get this. I think the idea in general is that people (I am one of them) would like the sound engine to not be seen as "polish", but rather as a core system. Sound is very important in this game, particularly in hardcore mode. Don't get me wrong, I understand "alpha" and am not complaining at the pace, just throwing my opinion out there on the topic. I personally don't have as much fun playing as I could due to the random noise placeholders (why they wouldn't use empty or inaudible sound clips I can't say, but oh well). I personally find it hard to play seriously (well as serious as you can while testing) when any number of random sounds make it seem like people are around, but nobody is. I've heard eating, reloading, footsteps, and even phantom voices. I'll tell you that was fun. Hearing "stop, get down on the ground" as if it were right behind me and I look around and absolutely nobody is anywhere near me.

All sounds are placeholders atm. This will change and ramp up as we progress throughout the development process.

There is a lot more involved with sound design than most people give credit for or actually know. There is all sorts of special voodoo magic that happens in a studio. Put 2 people in a room, 1 a seasoned audio engineer and the other an aspiring audio engineer. Exact same tools, exact same samples, raw or not. See if you can hear the difference.

It is easy to buy into sound samples and collections and call it your own after a few tweaks. As anything these days, everything is accessible at our fingertips and "easy" to create something. Heck an audio studio can be had for next to nothing these days.

Now creating raw sound from scratch and editing them up, to a believable larger than life sound, that fits with exactly everything else. Now that is a work of art.