dayztester91

DayZ feels American

I live in a former Soviet republic, and the map seems completely fine to me.And the small things like jackets with US flags, or m4, will become more "unnoticable" ( hope you understood what I meant ), as new content is being added.

Does having good friends in the US count or do they also don't know anything?

No, having friends here does NOT count.  Especially, when they are obviously talking about things they do not understand.  

No, having friends here does NOT count.  Especially, when they are obviously talking about things they do not understand.  

But how can you be certain that you do know what you're talking about more than my friends?

I have to admit, I admire your arrogance OR3GONIZ3D. It's a bold move, not sure if it'll pay off in the long run though.

America would not sit idly by while a full blown pandemic of the zombie variety was going on, our troops would be over there as well, that is why you see American made firearms and clothing, and while flags might not be as apparent as they should, the names of towns/cities should be more than enough to make it "feel" Russian/Czech.

Although it will feel a whole lot more Russiany when they add in the AK series of guns, woo ta-da hoo!

• Like 1

It's obvious he's trolling. He's portraying the stereotypical arrogant United States citizen.

But how can you be certain that you do know what you're talking about more than my friends?

I am certain because if they knew anything about politics or government in their own country, you wouldn't think change was so simple.  

The US Military/Intelligence apparatus has facilities in Belgium, Bulgaria and Bosnia, and that is just the B's. Hell, I live in Australia and we have those fuckers spying on us and helping us watch "our corner" of the world (and us) from Pine Gap, not to mention the quantum cryptography facilities/research in Canberra. They even dropped two unexploded bombs on the Great Barrier Reef accidentally during military exercises.

It is not a far stretch they would have bases in this fictional area. The reason the US can invade nearly anywhere in the world is not because they have the largest army (that would be China. US is second in active personnel and ninth in total personnel), but because they have the bases and transportation to project that military pretty much anywhere.

When the team start doing map work on the various military bases in Chernarus, I would recommend they actually add flags and names to the bases, and split them up by ownership. For example, the NEAF could be Chernarussian, the NWAF could be USMC and the base at Balota could be occupied by a UN relief effort. Then you could actually go "shopping" for the type of gear you want. Want an M4 or a Remington 700/M24 (if they add them) you go to the NWAF. If you want TTSKO gear, an AK series, a Dragunov, Vintorez, etc. you go the NEAF. If you want a UN helmet, press vest and whatever weapons the blue berets carry, you go to Balota. It'd add some flavour and more reason to travel across the map.

So uh, back on topic?

Edited by somethingbloody

I've already said that Americana shouldn't be uncommon in Chernarus, however American or NATO bases simply wouldn't exist if the location of Chernarus is either on the Black or Caspian Sea. Would you find American based weapons? Sure, but permanent bases are a stretch in terms of the past and present geo-political landscape.

Bulgaria is on the Black Sea. They have joint military bases there. Romania too.

Edited by somethingbloody

America would not sit idly by while a full blown pandemic of the zombie variety was going on, our troops would be over there as well, that is why you see American made firearms and clothing, and while flags might not be as apparent as they should, the names of towns/cities should be more than enough to make it "feel" Russian/Czech.

Although it will feel a whole lot more Russiany when they add in the AK series of guns, woo ta-da hoo!

Yeah because the best way to fight an unknown and deadly virus is by shooting it :D

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Yeah because the best way to fight an unknown and deadly virus is by shooting it :D

Well, by shooting those who are obviously affected, yes. In the case of a pandemic, you exterminate the vectors...Immunology 101.

Yes but each state is not independent and has hardly any say in important political decisions or foreign policies. So in the end the USA is still represented by a single voice. Where are the separatists? If you don't want to  participate into the demopublican musical chair game, that's always an option.

You really have no idea...  The power of this "single voice" is almost nothing in comparison to the collective power of the "states" via elected officials of congress...  There are 100 voting members in the senate, and over 430 voting members within the house...  Furthermore, The united states has basically been a two party system for the past 100+ years.  What the democrypts and republibloods hate even more than each other, is another party, or parties trying to but in on "their" game.  Furthermore, supporting politicians has become a simple investment for corporations which can now (thanks to a bogus supreme court dessicion) essentially use billions of dollars as "Free Speech" in the form of political donations.  This means that all the money is going to go pouring into the only two parties that have an chance, resulting in even further sterilization of political movements outside of the status quo rebub vs demo bull crap.  Most "Americans" (omg how dare they use a portion of the official name of their country as a nickname!!!!) completely despise the current political playground as it's just the rich serving the rich to simply become richer.

FYI, my point about the sates holds true...  Internally states can be run VERY differently, and have completely different social and economic values...  Just compare Vermont and Texas as one example...  Or Oregon and North Dakota.  In the end, pretending (yes it is pretending) that America is represented by a single voice is not only completely wrong, but simply self serving to an obviously ignorant anti American biased opinion.  If you want to hate on the U.S., be my fucking guest....  But please, when doing so, don't just make shit up, or at the very least, listen to people who actually have a clue.

Well, by shooting those who are obviously affected, yes. In the case of a pandemic, you exterminate the vectors...Immunology 101.

When the vector is the entire population of a country you tend to run out of bullets, especially with a virus with a long incubation time, which an engineered virus would have if the goal was to infects as many people as possible.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Yes but each state is not independent and has hardly any say in important political decisions or foreign policies. So in the end the USA is still represented by a single voice. Where are the separatists? If you don't want to  participate into the demopublican musical chair game, that's always an option.

The last time the US had an actual serious separatist movement, what happened was several years of the bloodiest warfare ever to occur on American soil. And, with increasing gloabalization, no, unless you want the economy of the world shattered, separatism is not an option.

The issue of secession in the US is a very touchy topic, so please don't bring it up, unless you mean to have a serious discussion, somewhere else (preferably not online)

Bulgaria is on the Black Sea. They have joint military bases there. Romania too.

Sorry I should have been more specific, where Chernarus is considered to be located on either on the shores of the Black or Caspian Sea. There are obviously a few ideas of exactly where it is on the map, but it's not as Southern as Bulgaria. There is also an American base in Kyrgyzstan.

The Americans were wanting to place missiles in Ukraine a while back and the Russians went mental (and I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the current trouble also involves the fall out from that as well as the historical and ethnic legacies).

Obviously it's all conjecture, I'm just not convinced there would be a dedicated American base, based on the admittedly inconsistent Chernarus back story.

Most "Americans" (omg how dare they use a portion of the official name of their country as a nickname!!!!) completely despise the current political playground as it's just the rich serving the rich to simply become richer.

Yup.  At the expense of the rest of the country.

• Like 2

Yeah, the average middle-class (which is rapidly shrinking, by the way) American has little-to-no-actual political power, at least in national elections, as we simply lack the funds necessary to run for office. Even running for state office requires several hundred thousand dollars, so that the only ones running for state office are already relatively wealthy, and as such, rapidly become ensnared in the clutches of corporations and other special interest groups.

I am not saying the rich are bad people, but it is readily apparent that in order to really change anything in the US, you need a metric fuckton of money.

• Like 1

In the end, pretending (yes it is pretending) that America is represented by a single voice is not only completely wrong, but simply self serving to an obviously ignorant anti American biased opinion.

The problem with that argument is that the USA is made up of a federation of states which while having a level of autonomy at State and even County level ultimately answers to the separate houses and to a lesser extent the president. It has to be that way of course, otherwise you'd have anarchy and an inability to keep a stable financial policy.

NI2f2ni.jpg

Or:

14490953.jpg

Come at me bitches

The obesity epidemic in America is partially caused by the lack of healthy food available to the poor. In the US, healthy "organic" (hell, even food that isn't pumped full of preservatives) food is stupidly expensive, mainly because it is popular and desirable. That leaves poor people little choice except for food that is high in fat, salt, and preservatives. That, coupled with necessarily working long hours at a job, leaves little time for exercise. Hence, obesity.

Also, we didn't really get any oil from Iraq and Afghanistan. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Like 2

^Most rich people are bad, how do you think they got their money? Hard work and patience LOL.

NO THEY FUCKING STOLE OR EXPLOITED IT OUT OF SOMEONE ELSE

VIVA LA REVOLUTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

• Like 1

NI2f2ni.jpg

Or:

14490953.jpg

Come at me bitches

Such a misinformed little kid...

If you knew anything about the oil industry you would know that we produce a hell of a lot more oil than we import.  We also export more gasoline than we import.

As for the obesity issue, that is a worldwide problem and America is not #1 for obesity and the UK is very close behind the US in terms of obesity.

M7's I'm only joking I have big love for America, me love you long time!

But saying the US got no oil from Iraq is totally bonkers, been there twice and trust me people were busy getting their precious oil.

P.s. I'm 27 ho's!!!

Well for marketing purposes I would think they would want the game to appeal more to Americans, since we have one of or the largest gaming market.