dayztester91

DayZ feels American

Ok, I realize this is a write-only thread, but for the sake of making arguments...

First, Chernarus is NOT the Czech Republic. The topography is Czech, but the local language is russian, and the backstory as given by Arma2 is post-soviet. Ukraine or Moldova are better models for the culture and backstory.

Second, Eastern Europe is not this quaint isolated backwater that people are making it. Americans are good at making cheap guns, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had taken the civilian gun market as they have done in Western Europe. Certainly more likely to find that than a 40 year old Mosin.

The only gun I think is out of place is the fully suppressed MKII. As far as I know, that model is made specifically for US Navy Seals.

that is a load of bs. there have been multiple wars on American soil, hell the British even burned down the white house and capitol building in 1814.

Wrong context, I was clearly referencing post war (as in WW2), as Americana is predominantly attributed to that time frame.

Well, we did invent the PC and we invented the internet.......    and we invented electricity.

So why are you surprised?

Well apart from electricity never being "invented", electro-magnetism is generally attributed to Maxwell (a Scot) and the Internet was created by Berners-Lee (an Englishman) I'm sure you're entirely correct.

But I've got a feeling you were joking as those are just too obvious not to be bait.

I think the blindingly brilliant Blue Supergiant, that the DayZ planet clearly orbits, is a lot more of an immersion breaker than the M4, Blaze 95, or the "tactical shirt."

• Like 1

This a game .. if your that worried about items then make your own game or just dont use them.. i could care less if its americian or  russin or which ever country quit y'all sniveling  its getting old quick..

Harnessed electricity, but yeah.  And the internet was created in Stanford (An American University) as other credits have similar local network communications in Sweden I think and in use by the US Military before, but that could just be lies.  Not an Englishman, however. fkn British and your terrible food. 

Also, the PC first was invented by Italians!  I know, right?  NASA used them for the Apollo 11 landing.  But yes, we americans like ourselves.

At least one brit was attending Standford when they came up with the idea, therefore British invention. If one rivet or one janitor on any project was British its a British project.

• Like 1

This a game .. if your that worried about items then make your own game or just dont use them.. i could care less if its americian or  russin or which ever country quit y'all sniveling  its getting old quick..

Or Sponish or Germun

I dunno. I took some pics from around town the other day.  Looked pretty Chernarus, USA to me. :)

Next time I'm across the river I'll take some pics in the hills.

The apocalypse hit here in the late '80s.... :P

http://youtu.be/REueN4EZ8jw

(disrigard teh spellink)

Edited by FloydP

Wrong context, I was clearly referencing post war (as in WW2), as Americana is predominantly attributed to that time frame.

Are you aware of how much money America spent rebuilding the countries we and our allies and enemies bombed to hell after WW2? Total aid to West Germany (the country that STARTED the war) alone totaled  ~$1,448,000,000 non inflation adjusted 1940's dollars. Germany defaulted on the loan portion (much of it was grants) but decided to pay it back as a matter of honor and national pride.

You want your country rebuilt? Just start a war with America, we will bomb you back to the stone age and then rebuild your country. In exchange for this generosity we get called imperialist war profiteers and earn the hatred of the rest of the world.

Edited by Franchi

Are you aware of how much money America spent rebuilding the countries we and our allies and enemies bombed to hell after WW2? Total aid to West Germany (the country that STARTED the war) alone totaled  ~$1,448,000,000 non inflation adjusted 1940's dollars. Germany defaulted on the loan portion (much of it was grants) but decided to pay it back as a matter of honor and national pride.

You want your country rebuilt? Just start a war with America, we will bomb you back to the stone age and then rebuild your country. In exchange for this generosity we get called imperialists and earn the hatred of the rest of the world.

Comin again to save the mother fukin day bro!!!!!

Edited by TheWanderingMan

First of all find out where is the game taking place, and then start judging OP.

First of all find out where is the game taking place, and then start judging OP.

its laid out like a small part of the Czech Republic.

https://www.google.com/maps?t=h&ll=50.7130699,14.0857862&spn=0.0231758,0.0488014&q=Lipov%C3%A1&output=classic

The river is the coast

So its set in a NATO member state who issues limited numbers of Bushmaster M4's to sections of its military.

Until the Euro children find something more definitive than this and the wiki they need to cry in private about seeing "western" items.

Edited by Franchi

fyi

FN= Fabric national

Herstal= the location

FN Herstal is an Belgian Company

FYI

FN=international company

FNX=America made.

Location=Columbia, SC

It was originally developed for the United States military, but the contract that it was meant to fill was never executed.

Edited by Franchi

its laid out like a small part of the Czech Republic.

https://www.google.com/maps?t=h&ll=50.7130699,14.0857862&spn=0.0231758,0.0488014&q=Lipov%C3%A1&output=classic

The river is the coast

So its set in a NATO member state who issues limited numbers of Bushmaster M4's to sections of its military.

Until the Euro children find something more definitive than this and the wiki they need to cry in private about seeing "western" items.

This..... 

The US has it's hands in EVERYTHING. So that would be why it might feel westernized... Also last I recall people had a choice of  what they want to wear on a regular basis.. So cowboy hats may not be that far out of  the questions.

Everyone in this thread who hates America needs to chill the fuck out and recognize that we are the greatest country in the world.  

/thread

why there is a backwards american flag on the tactical shirt is beyond me, but im sure they will get around to adding more cultural diversity of clothing and items...

It's not backwards, it's "facing the enemy". The American flag always charges in to combat, never away.

That being said, this game doesn't feel American at all to me. Everything's in Russian, the buildings don't look American, and coincidentally, 90% of the people I've run in to sounds Russian to me. I don't know anything about guns irl, so maybe that makes a difference.

• Like 1

I feel you might be missing the point I was making. In the 50's and 60's the Americans were vastly more powerful financially than any other country. That is not the case now. That's pretty much the point I am making, and while the myth of the "American dream" lives on I doubt many Americans actually believe in it. Granted it's the same no matter where you are in the "developed world", inequity due to the gap between the "haves" and the increasing "have nots".

You want your country rebuilt? Just start a war with America, we will bomb you back to the stone age and then rebuild your country. In exchange for this generosity we get called imperialist war profiteers and earn the hatred of the rest of the world.

I am sorely tempted to go on a little rant here, but I don't want to come across as a hater. American foreign policy has overstepped it's political reach by quite some margin and from my point of view every conflict fought by the Americans after WW2 has had nothing to do with their sovereign territory instead was based on political, ideological or resource based reasons and at times a combination of more than one. The simple answer is try not invading countries that are no threat to you and you'll not be looked upon as "imperialist war profiteers". The bottom line is that it's actually cost you far more in terms of military spending and personal liberties than you would ever have thought, and sadly it has left your citizens at risk abroad which is a crying shame as the Americans I have met while travelling have in general been pretty nice people and a world apart from what your domestic politics would suggest.

Edited by ricp

how to tell that the OP isnt very educated on firearms, M4? yea cause theres only one company who has ever made a ar 15, m16, ect. and same goes for the magnum, theres more than one revolver that shoots .375, theres even a few autos that take the caliber

I don't want to generalize or start a country vs. country argument, but...

Does Americans really think they are doing countries a favor by invading, and then ´´rebuilding´´ them? Really? Really?

I'm not sure if it's some kind of sarcasm, but I can't detect it.

Really?

That is so horribly stupid. (sorry but holy crap it is mind-twisting)

Really?