Sign in to follow this  
kroms001

(Sociology) Rocket: DayZ is Fundamentally Flawed, and I Agree - Here is Why.

Wouldn't go with DayZ.

What you're describing is good, but has to be another game. You can't change DayZ into this, even if you could programm all this and it worked, you would have designed a new game.

^this - which is exactly what my post is about.  Dean "Rocket" Hall - He knows this.  He wants the freedom to do something like that and he doesn't have that with this engine.  Thank you for being a breath of fresh air bro.  Seriously.  Everyone is trying to make this a KoS dead issue thread, but I am looking into why Rocket made the comments he did. 

Getting pretty sick of seeing different threads with the same subject over and over.

Well, as a person that is allegedly in control of their own pointing device - don't read and go on to something else.  Plus; you obviously don't understand the discussion because it isn't the same subject.

sociology???? with no society???? :huh:

Eventually you will learn things... I hope, we can only pray right?

Sociology is the study of human social behavior

While the game is focused on societies collapse because of zombies; you still interact with people. smh. lol. wow.

Shooting other players is the only source of fun for large portions of the playerbase and that forces most of the other portion to rather shoot than talk as well. That's the flaw. It's a game. Players want to have fun. Everything "normal" in DayZ is rather boring after a while. Only few are looking for positive interaction with strangers.

---------------------prophecy start ------------------------------------

Don't make a career out of looking into your broken crystal ball.

*fail prophecy is fail

You simply didn't understand the concept/dynamics of my post.  Try again.  Shake up the magic eight ball and you'll get better results.

Here: http://www.ask8ball.net/

Hope that helps better your fortune telling abilities.

lol

Shooting other players is the only source of fun for large portions of the playerbase and that forces most of the other portion to rather shoot than talk as well. That's the flaw. It's a game. Players want to have fun. Everything "normal" in DayZ is rather boring after a while. Only few are looking for positive interaction with strangers.

Stating the obvious; but that isn't what this discussion is about.

but for many 'fun' is coming from atmosphere of knowing there is player around who want only to make the murder happen ;)

I having sometime positive player interaction but is rare

I enjoy more because is rare and also I enjoy feeling of being hunted by unknown player and also enjoy feeling of hunt for player to kill :D

is fun everywhere in this game :thumbsup:  :)

I don't understand why some guys not enjoying same like me EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF PLAY :huh:

• Like 1

Here OP.  Simple sum up - "The flaw is the playerbase. I don't think Mr. Hall envisioned douchebags and asshats running around playing this like it's Call of Duty."  The game is fine, Dean realized he couldn't control players behaviors so it didn't turn out to be the way he saw it.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Are all societies? Or just the one you live in.  You are not taking into account various people that live off the grid in tribes etc.  So, that doesn't really make sense to the 70% of the worlds population that lives in shacks/huts and don't have a TV/computer. Out of the 7 billion people on earth, how many have HD tv's, PCs or internet access?  relatively few.  Out of 7 Billion people, only 2 billion have used the internet.  What about the other 5 billion - are they extremely egotistic as well?

no, but they can't play DayZ ;)

I am beginning to believe that some people are programmed to believe that if something bad happens: by default, humanity would erupt into some mindless orgy of death.  These people keep trying to site history - yet in every instance in the history books we have never seen that happen.

LoL "Know your history" yet, they don't.

There was an apocalypse 70,000 years ago - in which only about 2,000 humans survived on this planet.  Instead of killing each other in that "oh shit" moment, they had lots of babies and guess what?  There are over 7 billion of us now.  So those of you that are all "high and mighty" stating that something like the Z apocalypse never happened, sure it did - but much worse.

2,000 people fought for survival against the harsh elements of a super volcanic eruption.  The eruption blotted out the sun for 6 years or more.  So, not only were our ancestors fighting the elements, they were fighting predators and other animals for resources.

"Tiny bands of early humans, forced apart by harsh environmental conditions, coming back from the brink to reunite and populate the world. Truly an epic drama, written in our DNA."

via http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3340777/Humans-almost-became-extinct-in-70000-BC.html

• Like 1

obvs troll is obvs because I never stated that I wanted to get rid of KoS.  Or canz u not read bro?   I agree with KoS; THE TOPIC IS: Why I think Rocket *Dean Hall* believes the game is fundamentally Flawed; or those words too biggg for u?  I never once stated removing KoS; Ever - Quote me: show me. Or go troll elsewhere.  The concept of reading must be new to you.

Wow I really must of touched a nerve to get you so worked up like this. Sorry my viewpoint angers you so much that you have to resort to name calling to get your point accross. For being a so called "humanitarian" in game you sure dont act like one on the forums...

My point was that you are first calling the game flawed due to many people choosing a certain playstyle over another..

Now stay with me here, if you beleive the flaw in the game is KOS than you obviously either dont agree with the playstyle or want to restrict or minimize it some way to reduce the "flaw" as you call it.

You are also projecting these views onto what rocket was saying in a interview with ZERO basis to back it up other your gut feeling.

Please dont resort to name calling  you humanitarian you....

I have noticed that most of the people who are my age (35-40) play as humanitarians.  My question; why is the younger gaming generation so fixated on killing everything in sight?

Because the younger generation are right bastards, and are technically not humans at all. All that coca cola, red bull and Mc Donalds crispy fried chicken has permanently metamorphed their genetic structure into the ungodly mess that the rest of god's holy creation are trying to cope with the best we can. This is a proven scientific fact.

White Jesus (or insert your favorite deity here), please save us all...

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 4

sociology???? with no society???? :huh:

after apocalypse happen society STOP TO FUNCTION in normal way :D

there will be many killer running around

murder killer and rapist who escape from prisons ;)

guys who want to do murder before but was full of fear from the justice system now they fill boots AND KILL no limit :o

man is predator who learn to tame himself and train himself but need civilization around for this to continue

after civilize world disappear we will see true face of no hair monkey mans with guns and nobody to control

guys who don't have limit on action by moral code etc WILL RISE TO TOP

nice guys who try to do in correct way will manage to create maybe small pocket of normality but eventual is happen PSYCHOPATH WILL TAKE CONTROL OF GROUP (because is fact psychopath always going to top in politik/business/crime gang etc because he don't have no conscience to stop him DO ANYTHING) :o

is fantasy that man is good he is not good but he behave good when he is tame like dog

but same like dog when you don't train from baby is wild animal

and nature law is not same like monkey mans law :huh:

you are naïve to believe fantasy of the 'good man win' Hollywood bullshit story

you hit it right on the head with your post sir. I can't even add anything to it.

Wow I really must of touched a nerve to get you so worked up like this. Sorry my viewpoint angers you so much that you have to resort to name calling to get your point accross. For being a so called "humanitarian" in game you sure dont act like one on the forums...

My point was that you are first calling the game flawed due to many people choosing a certain playstyle over another..

Now stay with me here, if you beleive the flaw in the game is KOS than you obviously either dont agree with the playstyle or want to restrict or minimize it some way to reduce the "flaw" as you call it.

You are also projecting these views onto what rocket was saying in a interview with ZERO basis to back it up other your gut feeling.

Please dont resort to name calling  you humanitarian you....

You don't follow very good do you?  KoS is not the flaw, it's the amount of KoS that is the flaw.  Why do we even have infected, thirst, hunger, bleeding, broken bones, sickness when everything is just guns guns guns.  We've basically have a deathmatch going on with a couple of obstacles in the way.  

I'm going on faith the the development team can put something together to make this game more than a military sim.  Oh, wait... 

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 3

Stating the obvious; but that isn't what this discussion is about.

What is this discussion about? Not the DayZ players? Players wanna have fun. They'll get this fun by fighting with others. You want to change that you have to make something more rewarding than killing and you have to make people realize that as well. Or you could set rules somehow. The first thing is nearly impossible and the second not wanted by devs. Whatever, it would have to change DayZ fundamentally. Right now I see it as a failed concept. Fun for a while, as long as you don't know the ropes, but in the end too much grind for not too much fun.

The game is fine, Dean realized he couldn't control players behaviors so it didn't turn out to be the way he saw it.

A game dev is practically god in his world. He could control player behaviour somehow. But Rocket doesn't want to. At least not the hard way...and the soft approach he seems to have given up on as well.

You don't follow very good do you?  

Nope. Never been a follower. Ive always been more of a leader than a follower...

KoS is not the flaw, it's the amount of KoS that is the flaw.  Why do we even have infected, thirst, hunger, bleeding, broken bones, sickness when everything is just guns guns guns.  We've basically have a deathmatch going on with a couple of obstacles in the way.  

Just from looking at the sheer amount of KOS whine threads we see everyday in the forums you would think there must be a crap ton of people that play friendly just by going by the thread count.

You would think some of these people might bump into each other once in awhile on the servers, but apparently they dont...

or

Maybe they only report when something bad happens to them and down play how many times they didnt get KOS'ed.

One thing that really confuses me is why with what little content there is in the Alpha right now you would be surpised that all people  really do at this point is KOS....

hmm

Nope. Never been a follower. Ive always been more of a leader than a follower...

Just from looking at the sheer amount of KOS whine threads we see everyday in the forums you would think there must be a crap ton of people that play friendly just by going by the thread count.

You would think some of these people might bump into each other once in awhile on the servers, but apparently they dont...

or

Maybe they only report when something bad happens to them and down play how many times they didnt get KOS'ed.

One thing that really confuses me is why with what little content there is in the Alpha right now you would be surpised that all people really do at this point is KOS....

hmm

I have stated the lack of content numerous times in numerous kos threads. People just aren't getting it.

More content won't change anything. It must be better content. Better means more fun than firefighting other players. Don't see that happening.

It's fundamentally flawed because players don't act realistically in it? Jesus.

It's not a controlled social experiment. It's a game. A special game at that.

But it is what it is. And most players KoS - for whatever reason. This is DayZ and it has always been DayZ; mod through standalone.

We don't need more of these threads, which are essentially just insulting diatribes directed at players with a play-style you don't  happen to agree with.

you hit it right on the head with your post sir. I can't even add anything to it.

You can add that you don't know the definition of "Sociology" for starters ;)

• Like 1

Because the younger generation are right bastards, and are technically not humans at all. All that coca cola, red bull and Mc Donalds crispy fried chicken has permanently metamorphed their genetic structure into the ungodly mess that the rest of god's holy creation are trying to cope with the best we can. This is a proven scientific fact.

White Jesus (or insert your favorite deity here), please save us all...

I LOL'd because ... it is the truth on so many different levels.  All that crap they eat, all the high fructose corn syrupy goodness they ingest - just look at the autism levels, or even the ADD/ADHD levels and how high they have risen in just the past few years.  Autism is just one circumstance with the chemical imbalances that exist.  Growing up, I don't remember one school shooting, ever.  I don't blame video games for these kids blowing half a school away, it is something deeper.  I played my share of video games growing up, and never once did I ever think about harming another classmate with a gun.  So yes, these kids are growing up on food that is causing a bad chemical reaction that their brains do not understand and their bodies are rejecting.  Also more and more health related issues like childhood diabetes etc is happening at a much more rapid rate.  

I LOL'd because ... it is the truth on so many different levels.  All that crap they eat, all the high fructose corn syrupy goodness they ingest - just look at the autism levels, or even the ADD/ADHD levels and how high they have risen in just the past few years.  Autism is just one circumstance with the chemical imbalances that exist.  Growing up, I don't remember one school shooting, ever.  I don't blame video games for these kids blowing half a school away, it is something deeper.  I played my share of video games growing up, and never once did I ever think about harming another classmate with a gun.  So yes, these kids are growing up on food that is causing a bad chemical reaction that their brains do not understand and their bodies are rejecting.  Also more and more health related issues like childhood diabetes etc is happening at a much more rapid rate.  

mjYZydX.gif