Sign in to follow this  
kroms001

(Sociology) Rocket: DayZ is Fundamentally Flawed, and I Agree - Here is Why.

We've been eating tons of crap and still got fucking smart and awesome. Kids these days are effing pussies!

We've been eating tons of crap and still got fucking smart and awesome. Kids these days are effing pussies!

Today it's illegal to beat your kid for being a shithead.  I got my licking growing up when I done did wrong. 

That's the recipe! Junkfood and asswhoopins to get the little spoiled bastards in line!

So yes, this game is fundamentally flawed, as it goes against everything most humans would do: Help each other to survive.

There is no difficulty in surviving at the moment. Once there are hundreds if not thousands of zombies, maybe the KoS'ing will die down (although not die completely obviously, which is a good thing - it is some of the most fun the game has to offer).

Once there are hundreds if not thousands of zombies...

On which NASA mainframe computer is this supposed to happen?

I think a major reason why KoS is so prevalent in this game is simply because the survival aspect isn't as intense yet. Zombies are a joke, food and water spawn everywhere (not complaining), and weather conditions have no effect on you. I think once there is more to do in the game regarding survival you will start to see clans, or as you put it  "tribes". 

Oh and I'm 18.....never killed anyone in DayZ. SA or mod. I've robbed, KO'd, but never killed. I think if younger kids do kill a lot more it is simply b/c our generation has been raised on games like COD, Halo, GTA, Battlefield, and a whole slew of other shoot-em up games.

Regards

I LOL'd because ... it is the truth on so many different levels.  All that crap they eat, all the high fructose corn syrupy goodness they ingest - just look at the autism levels, or even the ADD/ADHD levels and how high they have risen in just the past few years.  Autism is just one circumstance with the chemical imbalances that exist.  Growing up, I don't remember one school shooting, ever.  I don't blame video games for these kids blowing half a school away, it is something deeper.  I played my share of video games growing up, and never once did I ever think about harming another classmate with a gun.  So yes, these kids are growing up on food that is causing a bad chemical reaction that their brains do not understand and their bodies are rejecting.  Also more and more health related issues like childhood diabetes etc is happening at a much more rapid rate.  

Part of the reason those two mental disabilities are such more common nowadays is that they are understood much better than they are 50, hell, even 20 or 10 years ago. The rates aren't rising per se, just the rates to diagnosis, due to a greater understanding of the symptoms and causes.

Plus, childhood obesity is partially caused by a lack of healthy food options, at least for much of America. In urban and suburban areas, healthy "organic" food is far, far more expensive than cheaper shit stuffed with fillers, preservatives, and salt. This, coupled with a lack of excessive due to helicopter parenting and "stranger danger" fears, leads to higher rates of obesity, amongst both children and adults.

• Like 1

Zombies are a joke, food and water spawn everywhere (not complaining)

Have you tried the experimental servers yet?  The Z's are not a joke over there.  You'll need a lot of bandages, and some good weapons if you can get to them without zombies running up on you.  Even when you are a new spawn, the Z's are raging at you.  I was happy to see that.  Experimental is going in the right direction... just wish they would fix the Zombies clipping into buildings/fences etc.  Literally there is no place to hide, and they chase you for what seems to be forever.