synystr

I've heard troubling rumours...(no helis)

The thing about helicopters, is once you have one, and a decent squad. You own every vehicle, just about, on that server...

Confirmed. I hope there won't be helicopters, but if they have to at least make them a lot harder to fly/maintain.

ArgmS2S.png

Edited by JoostVoordeel

Unarmed heli, could take it or leave it personally. Map is small once you can rise above, travel by land makes it more taxing. Armed heli's...just no. Trollfest down the coast waiting to happen, bad idea.

I could hear me screaming through direct chat.

LET THE NOOB HARVEST BEGIN!!!!

however it would make clearing out the top of the hospital in elektro more fun.

As long as there are MANPADS in the game, I am perfectly fine with flying targets, I mean helicopters.

Unarmed helicopters and the flight model /procedures from Take on Helicopters...

+1 without auto trim and auto hover and needs regular maintenance

• Like 1

Too bad there aren't any big rivers or some islands on the map. I would love to traverse the countryside with a houseboat and feel like a person from the Netherlands! :D

Would prefer boats to helis to be honest. The map isn't that big anyway (though some people mentioned that it might be extended to the north) and finding boats should be relatively easy considering that the map has a huge coastline

Or, you know, if we could have both, that be cool too ;)

I think rocket mentioned that with the cars he was going for a smilar system as for the weapon-attachments where a car consists of several parts which all have to be maintained. If a heli consits of a lot of those parts and those parts are relatively hard to come by, I'd quite like the idea of having civilian helis in the game (not a huge fan of flying death-machines)

Edited by GoTo2k
  • Like 2

I really hope they're in, I can understand if they aren't, but I hope they are.

8e1af60e-c3da-4b47-8467-5dc0c642bc0b_zps

Helis are meh if there are other things to do.

What's next? Hovercraft, Tanks, APC, Jump Jets.... 

Helicopters have no place in Dayz IMO.

• Like 3

...Jump Jets....

All I can think is "Fuck you. I'ma get in my Shadow Hawk and it's death from above for everyone!"

Armed helis can be used for good as well as ill.

Armed helis can be taken out of the sky by concentrated small arms fire (or at least they could in the mod).

I'd like them back for the end game aspect.

...that Dean was saying helicopters shouldn't be in DayZ. I mean, it is his game (at least until the end of the year) and he can push it in any particular direction, but what would DayZ be with out helicopters? They are the end game. They create perilous parts runs around the map in vehicles, which have cause some of the most awesome DayZ moments I have ever experienced. And, when you do get it up in the air, that feeling of power is pretty damn addicting haha.

Conclusion: I really hope that this is just a rumour and not the truth.

I feel like these end game things need organized groups to be successful, alone itll be really tough to build a heli, or a tank, big military stuff like that.

Armed helis can be used for good as well as ill.

Armed helis can be taken out of the sky by concentrated small arms fire (or at least they could in the mod).

I'd like them back for the end game aspect.

+1 what he said!

The problem I see is the way that grass/terrain detail works in DayZ, you get a helicopter and you can spot any tent or vehicle pretty much anywhere. Then you can just go around looting and trashing lone survivors hidden kit.

It's not a moral issue (although that is a dick move), the problem is that what is already an advantage becomes a god-like omniscience you don't deserve.

• Like 1

The problem I see is the way that grass/terrain detail works in DayZ, you get a helicopter and you can spot any tent or vehicle pretty much anywhere. Then you can just go around looting and trashing lone survivors hidden kit.

It's not a moral issue (although that is a dick move), the problem is that what is already an advantage becomes a god-like omniscience you don't deserve.

Nope. You can shoot helis down. Setting up ambushes for teh Heli Gods is hella fun!

• Like 1

So I'm wondering in hardcore servers will you only be able to see 1pp when your on the heli as well?

So I'm wondering in hardcore servers will you only be able to see 1pp when your on the heli as well?

I believe that will be the case.

I believe that will be the case.

If that's true I don't see helis really being that overpowered

If that's true I don't see helis really being that overpowered

As with all gear in DayZ, you're going to lose it. When you're really unlucky rivals will steal it and kill you with it lol. Such is life in DayZ :)

What's next? Hovercraft, Tanks, APC, Jump Jets.... 

Helicopters have no place in Dayz IMO.

Agreed.

There are several other quality battlefield/arma games out there, but few if any other survival sim's with the potential that DayZ SA has. Im not interested in what an OP insta-travel vehicle will bring to the the table. Im interested in fleshing out whats been presented to me already, a game thats already a blast to play.

wow settle down folks, we need helicopters. 

wow settle down folks, we need helicopters.

If I think we should or shouldn't have them I have to wonder why we "need" them? Just wondering the thinking on this, not saying your wrong.

If I think we should or shouldn't have them I have to wonder why we "need" them? Just wondering the thinking on this, not saying your wrong.

Because It's My Story. And my story has helis in it.

• Like 2

...that Dean was saying helicopters shouldn't be in DayZ. I mean, it is his game (at least until the end of the year) and he can push it in any particular direction, but what would DayZ be with out helicopters? They are the end game. They create perilous parts runs around the map in vehicles, which have cause some of the most awesome DayZ moments I have ever experienced. And, when you do get it up in the air, that feeling of power is pretty damn addicting haha.

Conclusion: I really hope that this is just a rumour and not the truth.

edited title for clarity.