Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jesus (DayZ)

Map needs more personality

I know its only alpha, but I hope they are planning on spicing up the map. For example, the crashed plane in cherno (I think?), the broken ship (Rify), helicopter crashes. Things that actually give the map a post apocalyptic feel, and some sort of story.

• Like 13

cherno has plane crash into international hotel, how bout electro has a giant ship crashed into the dock? no electricity = no light for ship to guide on.

• Like 5

I know its only alpha, but I hope they are planning on spicing up the map. For example, the crashed plane in cherno (I think?), the broken ship (Rify), helicopter crashes. Things that actually give the map a post apocalyptic feel, and some sort of story.

I hope so too, they should put higher loot in Rifty, and also the crashed heli's. 

Need blood and dead bodies everywhere and more garbage on the ground.

• Like 7

This recreation of a Russian/post-soviet map is the BEST one I've EVER seen hands down.

Reminds me so much about when I was a kid back when I still lived in Ukraine.

I even lived next to big military barracks.

It looks very similar, Bohemia has done a very good job on this.

• Like 4

Oooh ooh... how about they replace the crashed airplane in Cherno with the wrecked ship. That would be one hell of a story... and they add a submarine in the NWAF...

No but in all seriousness yes I'd like to see more of these "Landmark" features, and not just in cities! There should be stand-alone things out in the wilderness as well. The devs must be careful to keep the landmarks, if not few, definitely far between; it could quickly become too easy to navigate or they could feel too commonplace to serve their purpose.

• Like 1

Well Northwest of Svetlojarsk there are tire tracks on the ground that go off a cliff...with a crashed car at the bottom

• Like 6

Yeah, what I would want is pillars of dead bodies, some rotten with flies flying around while other pillars are all burnt up. That, and I want to see what the hell happened to the military. Did they get overrun or did they all got pulled out? Give us some evidence to what happened!

Edited by AntonioAJC

I would like to see some more building types but eh not too important because there is so much wilderness.

Well Northwest of Svetlojarsk there are tire tracks on the ground that go off a cliff...with a crashed car at the bottom

I know where I'm going tonight.

• Like 1

Anyone have pics of this?

They need to have more artistic direction. Buildings should have vines growing on them. there should be more bodies or perhaps skeletons around, Some buildings should be nothing more than burned out foundations etc

• Like 2

I have ventured all over the map but I do not remember any cliffs in that area.  I shall have to investigate this and take screenshots.

• Like 1

This recreation of a Russian/post-soviet map is the BEST one I've EVER seen hands down.

Reminds me so much about when I was a kid back when I still lived in Ukraine.

I even lived next to big military barracks.

It looks very similar, Bohemia has done a very good job on this.

I completely agree.

I think all it needs now is just a bunch of subtle things that add to the mood, but not to much over the top things like ships and planes.

Things like car and helicopter crashes...and maybe fuck up the inside of houses some more.

Im sure some shit went down in the first year of it all going down.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

They need to have more artistic direction. Buildings should have vines growing on them. there should be more bodies or perhaps skeletons around, Some buildings should be nothing more than burned out foundations etc

There are multiple buildings that are nothing but rubble around the map, with the only one off the top of my head I can think of being in Svetlojarsk again (neat town); I'd like to see ones with vines on them, though.

Hmmm. Yeah, I have been thinking about this, but I also thought when playing it for the first time that they already have made a massive step forward from the mod, which you can see. It has come to life, the towns look much better.

For example - did you see the DevBlog? They had the new police station in there and a wrecked policecar in the parking lot outside. Now - if this is not going in the right direction? :)

Also - is it you?

• Like 1

Now not the map itself, but the added in personality that they did with the Mod map: Podragorsk, I think would be great additions.

There were all these little logical signs that people had been here recently, but now are all gone... roadblocks overrun, scaffolding on buildings, random little traces of humanity. I would love to see that added in Dayz. 

And you know, perhaps some sort of end game thing to do.. like have the story of Chernarus and what happened be something that we could actually investigate and figure out by putting little clues together at places through out the map. Things scrawled on walls.. graffiti, add in a story through the art department by leaving clues for us to put together. Like small things at Balota will lead you eventually to the NWAF where other small clues will be present and once found you will feel like you are starting to piece together the history of this whole zombie apocalypse. 

• Like 1

a creepy abandoned carnival somewhere would be nice.

• Like 2

Maybe they could put some crashed big transport planes like C-130 or An-124 Ruslan, so you can hide from rain inside, cook some boar meat, drink Rasputin kwass and get some rest. Maybe even make tent next to it.

I'd like to see more structures that you simply stare at with awe.

Like the shipwreck, and, of course: the transmission tower on Green Mountain. That thing is so impressive that I sometimes are too scared to tilt my head back and even look up - with the moving clouds it looks like the whole tower is falling over right onto you.

EDIT: There is a crashed helicopter about 300m NNW of the shipwreck.

Edited by Neinsager

thay are adding stuff to the map, and there is a helicopter crash

There's a civilian Mi-8 near the beached freighter that you can crawl inside. 

you play the mod?

scripted events are standard and coming, relax.

as for the map? one of the highest regarded maps in gaming. It is truly epic.

You mentioned 2 things...can you offer more ideas? may be more helpful, your post comes across as a complaint.

As for Alpha, its about stability and performance...and look we started at 30-40 fps on high end systems...now im at 60fps outside of cities..so were on the right track.

Scripted events take a HUGE toll on fps and performance...so while we dont even have loot respawns they wont be considering broad scripted events.

The helicopter crash sites in the mod were awesomeness to the max!, however they pretty much guaranteed one of two things:

1. firefight pvp

2. end game gear (like military snipers, etc)

Not really  the approach for SA...

so people save your beans and save your threads.

a creepy abandoned carnival somewhere would be nice.

that is an awesome idea...

how about a sports stadium?  that would be a great place for standoffs and stuff.