airfell

Survey: How many of you played the Mod or ArmaII/III?

Yes, I played Arma 2 and most of the Dayz mods... except "broken point". 

Also, I agree with your presumption. Most people seem to have watched Frankies videos, rather than came from the mods, and into the SA.

i'd say 70-90% of SA players came from frankie's yt vids.

low ball estimate.

here from the zombie missions in ARMA (years before ARMA2 & DayZ), never really liked OFP tbh ( I know burn him!!) was more into joint ops..

Edited by Calibre

i'd say 70-90% of SA players came from frankie's yt vids.

low ball estimate.

beanz... fack, all out! 

The mod, arma 2, arma and all the way back to operation flashpoint

I've been around since operation flashpoint when I was like 11 years old or something. Played that on a rival tnt2 32mb card.

As the title states- How many Standalone Players played the DayZ Mod, Arma II, Arma III and/or the Wasteland mods?

I ask because I get the feeling many here and in game didn't play any of the above. Not that that's a bad thing, just curious.

Op, where's the poll on the thread?

Played OFP, then didn't come back to the series till A2. Played so much editor, domination and CTI at first. Then I asked a friend "whats all these dayz servers?" was hooked on the mod from there on in. Got like 600odd A2 hours, and that dosent count the time I spent on dayz mod because commander dosent log those hours. So its probably a stupidly high number, guessing way over 1000hrs.

But the SA iv only put about 30odd hours in because its so lacking atm. Il stick with vanilla Mod on Chernarus, Namalsk or Celle for now. Then come back to the SA when its fleshed out a bit more :)

Got hooked on OFP back in the day.  Played all the Arma's and even a little VBS2.  Somehow missed the whole DayZ mod.  Stumbled across an article on SA and I've been here ever since.

Started with Operation Flashpoint (actually was following the development when it was called Poseidon :D ).

Played the expansions, ArmA1, 2 and 3.

ArmA2 might be the best in the series, but I am still modding/playing mostly the legendary OFP. Brilliant game. :)

raid1.jpg

stalker1t.jpg

Edited by Ceallach

I didn't play Arma or the Mod. Or at least I played it after Standalone was released and only for an hour or something, because I was curious. I don't like both.

I've got maybe 100 hours in the "vanilla" mod (pre + post Steam). Never made it out of basic training in Arma II. And maybe 2-3 hours on Epoch.

I've been around since Operation Flashpoint.

That's going waaay back.

600px-OFP_AK74_1.jpg

LOL me too! The character models are attrocious but the hills behind look ok :)

Played the original mod  when it came out as well as numerous versions of it (Mainly epoch and overwatch, but plenty of others) Played Arma II Wasteland and currently play Arma III wasteland way more than I play standalone.

Edited by The_Woodsman

Played the original mod  when it came out as well as numerous versions of it (Mainly epoch and overwatch, but plenty of others) Played Arma II Wasteland and currently play Arma III wasteland way more than I play standalone.

Also I owned OFP but my pc could never run it ;_;

i played the dayz mod, tried to play arma2 but couldnt even make it 5 mins into the tutoral before i quit playing, the horrible voiceovers made me want to hang myself. wont even consider playing arma3.

While it's not exactly Hollywood status the voice acting in the actual campaigns isn't as bad as in the training tutorials, haha. It's actually quite a good game, especially the EW campaign in Arma 2.

Arma 3 is much better in terms of voice acting and well, pretty much everything though. While I love the setting and weapons in Arma 2, Arma 3 wipes the floor with it in pretty much every other aspect.

The multiplayer side of things is of course free from voice acting all together. I'd definitely recommend checking out the Wasteland missions (in Arma 2 and 3) and Altis/Stratis Life in Arma 3. Lots of fun to be had there.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1