Sign in to follow this  
Fre4krider

Why is der a F****** hide body function!?!?!

I think you should only be able to hide bodies with specific tools. Cremating the bodies is also a great idea but you would need supplies. Imagine dying in Elektro and spawning close. You haul ass to the area you died in and on your way there you see a smoke trail in the distance. You finally arrive only to find your charted remains. Whoops! No loot for you. 

I think they should replace hide body with drag body and actually make you hide it somewhere.

I agree, you should have to drag the bodies and hide them in a bush, or spend 10 minutes digging a shallow grave to permanently hide it.

• Like 1

We break our legs walking down stairs but you are pissed about this?  Jesus.  Priorities man.  How about they fix the damn core first.  I just lost shit loads of gear due to stairs.

I am not really going to add in my opinion, as people seem to have this nailed down.. but I will add in this:

You add in heart attacks, weather affects on your player, sickness, all this "realism", etc.. but you leave in the magical make-a-body-disappear in 2 seconds? 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

We break our legs walking down stairs but you are pissed about this?  Jesus.  Priorities man.  How about they fix the damn core first.  I just lost shit loads of gear due to stairs.

Don't run down stairs and problem solved.

I think they should replace hide body with drag body and actually make you hide it somewhere.

Thinking about this right now I can't do otherwise but thinking it shouldn't be too hard to achieve. Hmmmm...

Whích makes me think if they really used the ToH engine...

What exactly speaks against that?

This.

Drag the body into the bushes and loot it.

THEN bury/hide it if you have a shovel.

• Like 4

Legit. 

They are planning on Implementing ragdoll physics... So surely we will see realistic dragging?

This.

^This. So much :)

And no shovel means...good hiding. I see myself struggling with the ragdolls....I carried a corpse in a bush, but a leg is peaking out, so i push it back,,,suddenly the arm peaks out on the other side...

They are planning on Implementing ragdoll physics... So surely we will see realistic dragging?

afaik: Yes. Should also replace the "hide body function" imho.

I always hide bodies to make sure I don't leave loot for the next guy.

Because the ruined orange raincoat and the other ruined stuff could be thrown at you, after physics is implemented? ;)

Edited by LaughingJack

Because the ruined orange raincoat and the other ruined stuff could be thrown at you, after physics is implemented? ;)

Or things like pristine weapons and spare ammo/food I don't need that didn't get ruined from a headshot?

Or things like pristine weapons and spare ammo/food I don't need that didn't get ruined from a headshot?

Take everything you can carry. Run into a house that never spawns loot. Put it there. Rinse, repeat until body is looted.

So only absolute new players or terrible desperate ones will find these things :)

Edited by LaughingJack

If there's time I like to loot a body by taking any weapons and ammo and hiding them in the tree line. I was mid way through this once and two geared players showed up and shot me for some of my own gear. I re-spawned close enough that I walked straight back into them. This time they left me alone as I was a bambi without anything and carried on looting my body. I nipped into the trees found the Mosin I'd hidden 5mins earlier and shot one of them. I like to savour the surprise they probably felt at seeing a fresh spawn suddenly come back with a gun.

If you hide it, it should have loose looking ground above it and you should be able to dig it up.

If that shallow grave became a persistent container that anyone could open/close with a shovel until server restart, that would be very neat.

That's why bodies disappear after 5 minutes. (Was it 5 or 15?) 

I hope the hide body function goes away. It pains me to see dead fully kitted players having their bodies hidden so no one can access their gear. For me, it's a form of griefing.

Strangely I'm fine with that, it's not like you deserve anything in this game.

It exists to counter people relooting their bodies after death, something which would obviously not be an issue in real life since they'd be.. you know.. dead.

Yes, the current implimentation is unrealistic, but so is someone coming back to life to recover their loot.

Given how easily you can find basic gear in DayZ, I don't see what you're complaining about OP.

Denying gear to other players in a game with limited resources is a viable tactic. If you say that it is a form of griefing, then you really haven't played enough DayZ yet...this game is full of people griefing in all sorts of ways. They are usually called bandits.

I would not want them to get rid of the 'hide body' function. II would like to see them add body dragging (like the mod) as well as give the option to bury the body using a shovel (but it should have a long animation).

Disintegrating a body is not a viable tactic. If you don't want people to get the gear. Sit there and guard it.