Sign in to follow this  
Fre4krider

Why is der a F****** hide body function!?!?!

Title says it all... The god damn hide Body funtion should be just working with a shovel or smt.
Why is it still in the Game? Just for trolling or what

• Like 1

You are right, you should only be allowed to do this when you have a spade, but as a legacy from the mod I'm happy for it to exist as I would rather hide a body than let others know I am in the area.

I'm guessing hiding the body also helps server load, just a guess though.

That's why bodies disappear after 5 minutes. (Was it 5 or 15?) 

I hope the hide body function goes away. It pains me to see dead fully kitted players having their bodies hidden so no one can access their gear. For me, it's a form of griefing.

Never really had an issue with this but I think having it so "hiding the body" takes like 30 seconds and you have to be out of combat would be a decent fix, for people that do have a problem with this. Also like the chovel idea.

Or you could maybe make it so you can drag around the dead body (like you would with someone unconcious atm)

Edited by mrlaxx

Well if people are worried about hiding dead bodies, more than likely most of their stuff will be ruined as they were likely shot to death.  So it's not like loot is going to waste.

I do like the idea of making it harder to hide the bodies.

I hide bodies and here is why...

Bandits and people who KOS, if they are setup in close proximity to a spawn zone, killing them is doing little good when they can just run back to their body and gear back up....

Now people will say, "Just take their ammo/weapons, ect." well I could do this, but I usually have a decent amount of gear already on myself, including food/water/ammo, and in high pop servers your not going to have enough time to swap out things w/o exposing yourself, usually getting yourself killed.

Also if people don't like the hide body mechanic, why do you support looting the body, both are essentially doing the same thing, the person who died most likely won't be getting his/her gear back anyways, and if it's some Bandit or KOS'r, I'm glad they can't get their stuff back, cuts down on the amount of fully kitted pvpstars that think just because a game has guns, makes it a deathmatch ffa fps...

• Like 3

I think they should replace hide body with drag body and actually make you hide it somewhere.

• Like 12

This may be a little off-topic, but isn't there going to be a way to kidnap people or something? Or was it in the mod? Idk, I just heard about that feature somewhere. I don't know much about it.

I think they should replace hide body with drag body and actually make you hide it somewhere.

That's what I thought it was. I never even saw the hide body option before.

Denying gear to other players in a game with limited resources is a viable tactic. If you say that it is a form of griefing, then you really haven't played enough DayZ yet...this game is full of people griefing in all sorts of ways. They are usually called bandits.

I would not want them to get rid of the 'hide body' function. II would like to see them add body dragging (like the mod) as well as give the option to bury the body using a shovel (but it should have a long animation).

• Like 2

You are right, you should only be allowed to do this when you have a spade, but as a legacy from the mod I'm happy for it to exist as I would rather hide a body than let others know I am in the area.

Whích makes me think if they really used the ToH engine...

I hope the hide body function goes away. It pains me to see dead fully kitted players having their bodies hidden so no one can access their gear. For me, it's a form of griefing.

I wouldn't like it to go away completely though. Certainly if you have a spade there is no problem with digging a shallow grave, even better the ability to put them into the cupboards in the houses!

I have a question:  Can you loot your own body?

I've found my body once after I glitched through a second story wall.  I could not loot it, I presumed it was because of the glitch and my body was not where I saw it.  Boy did I search for where it could have been though.

Then, I heard my friend who died from a zombie (he's not the best survivor :)) found his body again but said he could not loot it.

So can you actually loot your OWN body?

I completely agree with dragging of dead bodies and hiding them with a spade....much more immersive :)

But...we could drag dead bodies in the mod?? Never knew that, thought it was only the knocked out ones....man I coulda dragged so many buddies bodies back towards the coast instead of guarding to cut the time a lil haha :)

Bodies take 10 mins at the moment to disappear. However it is 10 minutes for server load purposes. Once optimizations are in effect the time will be increased. As for hiding bodies, it is a good way to keep your track cold however I do agree, you should need some tool like a shovel to do so or have an option to drag bodies.

Drag bodies for the win. And allow people to tie ropes to things. And then pull the body behind the car.

Profit!

Yea I always wondered this myself, hide body feature should at least take a lot longer than what it is now, if not remove it period. There's already not so many threats in this game as it is. To tell you the truth when I kill someone and I don't need any of their gear I always hope someone finds it so t gives the map another "predator" for me to hunt down. Guys at the end of the day this is a pvp game, besides shooting each other were left with finding food drink etc, even when zombies become lethal the goal won't change as many of you think it will. 

Absolutely.

Edit: Also IMO bodies need to stick around longer, I might be terribly slow, but last time I was looting a guy with just a rediculous amount of shit, his body disappeared before I even got everything I wanted =(

Edited by Blissful

There should be a 'cremate body' action. It takes an hour and you have to have firewood, matches, bellows and a NIOSH mask....

If you want to remove 'hide body', fine, but not until there's an option to drag a body. If I have to kill somebody, something I don't tend to seek out, I certainly am not going to leave the body there so passers through after me can be extra alert and/or try to hunt me down, I'd want to leave it in the long grass or in some trees.

• Like 1

I continuously batter dwad bodies in the hope their kit gets battered also. That way theres less working loot available to kill me.

Muhahahahaha

• Like 1

That's why bodies disappear after 5 minutes. (Was it 5 or 15?) 

its pretty much one of the few ways to control the amount of gear in the game..

if nothing ever vanishs before long everyone will have everything..

hiding corpses is a VERY important part of any gear economy...

to the one its a form of griefing, to the other its self defense..

yesterday our sniper pissed off some geared players that were waiting on sniper hill, they came at us.. i hid most of the bodies, still they kept coming back, picking up the guns i missed, and trying again..

think they gave up in the end, not sure since a cheater teleported under the house and got us...

for realism, i would have dragged their bodies back, stacked them up and made a nice wall to hide behind.

as for the spade comment.. sure.. but there is no "fill chamber with dirt" option either, needs no spade, and ruins a gun too. (or at least after firing 1 bullet without cleaning its ruined)

Edited by mosibfu

If you hide it, it should have loose looking ground above it and you should be able to dig it up.