dulix11

[POLL] Do you regret buying the SA?

Do you regret buying the DayZ SA?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret buying the DayZ SA?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious to see, so many threads everyday about "rockett staeled my monieezz!!!11!!1!1"

How many of you regret buying the SA, and how many of you don't?

• Like 1

price is huge for alpha but i hope it will worth for now i am fine...
btw with all that money pls pay more devs so you can run updates faster...

• Like 1

This poll will likely be a biased one, as most people that frequent this forum (like myself), likely DO NOT regret buying the game. Those that do, will most likely never see it, unless it happens to be on the front page when they post a complaint thread....

Still voted tho.

• Like 8

Great games have been made from a good idea taken up by a equally brilliant development team.

Aweful games have been made from great ideas with no real development direction in any of them leaving a real mess of a game.

Rocket pretty much put this game on the right path, he still has good ideas but from posts in other parts of the forum it seems

development on pre existing stuff is the main focus now.

I think that this is needed, they know the direction they want its just how they reach it thats important. Like above I dont regret buying this game, if anything his progressive departure comes at the right time.

I'd buy it again, and again, if I had to do it over again.. DayZ SA has been getting better with each update, that's been a given.  Sure, new bugs are being introduced as we go along, but hey.. it's expected.  I'm 325+ hrs into SA now.. definitely no regrets.

I dont regret it, paid £20 and had over 300 hours of game time.  That's around about 0.06p an hour great value and if I walk away from it now still got my monies worth.

Voted no.... I've had more fun in this game than I've had in many "completed" games..

Nope.

Even if the standalone falls to shit, Rocket made Bohemia a fortune through the creation of DayZ. He deserves a reward for that, in my opinion.

its fun, getting kinda tired with no new updated for a while, and after 209 hours in the game, but i don´t regret it.

Nope, no, and no. Already gotten more enjoyment then most AAA titles for half the cost.

The price of the game will go up within time.

Also its better to play it in alpha, you get used to it from early, when it goes into beta or full release you will be already a veteran.

Also helps you learn the weapons and the sounds from them.

So no...not even a bit.True its frustrating at moments but not as much as to make you regret buying it.

Edited by Silentine

Out of principal, I won't touch anything Rocket gets involved with.

If the DayZ servers just shut down tomorrow, I would want a refund, for sure.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point that while the game will never leave Beta before being abandoned, we might at least have more stuff to do.

At 167 hours right now, No I don't regret it, I get bored of it at times but I know I'll be putting more hours over the coming months, seeing the game develop is something that keeps me coming back constantly.  The new systems coming in imo will add significantly to the game.

f5efd4b21e9eb39ae238604d5c88802b.jpg

• Like 1

No..I'm bored of it now, but 137 hours is quite enough for a game in it's alpha.

• Like 1

I dont regret it, paid £20 and had over 300 hours of game time.  That's around about 0.06p an hour great value and if I walk away from it now still got my monies worth.

+1 You can't argue that. 

264 hours in and I have gotten more than my moneys worth. Much more time than what I usually spend playing $60 AAA titles. And it will only get better from here.

Edited by weedmasta

price is huge for alpha but i hope it will worth for now i am fine...

btw with all that money pls pay more devs so you can run updates faster...

You saw what happened when they tried to push updates too quickly... It's better to just take your time, test them fully on experimental and then release them on stable.

The next few builds are pretty big, which is why they're taking a bit longer. The new physics and lighting are already in place in the experimental build, and from the look/sound of the last devblog hunting will be added very soon too.

if i had a chance to test the alpha for 150 hours instead of buying it, i'd have just tested it and not bought it.

but i bought it and will keep playing it as updates come out. right now it has fully plateued for me.

No. Dayz is one of these games i'll play for Years. Absolutely worth it. Love to test it and See how it changes and gets fixed by time.

Edited by duke0095

Wait, how the fuck is it even possible to regret this?

im only in ~70 hours and payed like $20?

thats an impossible regret...

same goes for all the complainers...you got a fun pre alpha game for $20 and will get the final included in that price.

i do not approve of this poll, it is flawed.

Never regretted it one secound. i knew what i purchased when i bought it and ive logged over 200 hours, 

Still love it.

This was pretty much what I was going to say.

• Like 1