Sign in to follow this  
cj14

Role Playing Clothing

I know we have enough clothing threads, but I haven't found one talking about clothing specially for RPG...I suggest some Police clothing, Riot Control clothing...We already have clothing to make our own Special Ops and Soldier outfit, like these

article-1339147-0C8211CE000005DC-291_634    Special Ops

W8LqY53.png     Soldier

But I usually play with a lot of Role players, so it would be awesome to have some Police uniforms and such...I don't ask for armor stats on these clothing, just a regular clothing with regular slots in them

Delta_tym_bg.jpg   Elite Police Forces

Q5uvcvz.png   Police Outfit

qUTE2o3.png    Riot Police

ei30.png  Firefighter

Of course each clothing can have a special attribute, that's up to the devs, but I just ask for the clothing here...Riot helmets, Shields or Kevlar Vest goes to another thread. I personally would dress like a Elite Policeman and try to get people to safety or some shit. Tell me what you think :)

• Like 6

I know we have enough clothing threads, but I haven't found one talking about clothing specially for RPG...I suggest some Police clothing, Riot Control clothing...We already have clothing to make our own Special Ops and Soldier outfit, like these

article-1339147-0C8211CE000005DC-291_634    Special Ops

W8LqY53.png     Soldier

But I usually play with a lot of Role players, so it would be awesome to have some Police uniforms and such...I don't ask for armor stats on these clothing, just a regular clothing with regular slots in them

Delta_tym_bg.jpg   Elite Police Forces

Q5uvcvz.png   Police Outfit

qUTE2o3.png    Riot Police

ei30.png  Firefighter

Of course each clothing can have a special attribute, that's up to the devs, but I just ask for the clothing here...Riot helmets, Shields or Kevlar Vest goes to another thread. I personally would dress like a Elite Policeman and try to get people to safety or some shit. Tell me what you think :)

I want the police and riot control armour to actually protect from shots. 

• Like 1

This would be great because people could wear identifying clothing if they so chose.

It would really stick out for clans and gamer buddies.

These days you can't tell the bandits from the heroes since they wear the same gear.

PS.

If you're a hero- do yourself a favor and ditch the payday 2 masks. It doesnt help. You'd be better off rockin' the UN berets

• Like 1

I'm diggin' it. Im sure soon enough there will be more than enough clothing for everyone to have some of their own individuality to their character. But for now we can only wait and hope theyre working on it.

stap vest or black kevlar

black tactical shirt

black cargo pants

black boots

sun glasses

black cap/ barret

=special ops

my fav is:

green raincoat or brown hoodie

black vest

green cargo pants or tsko pants

green combat boots

green bandana/ green motorbike helm on the coast

no backpack

=mercenary

last time i have lol to a construction worker roleplayer. that was fun XD

btw: on the third picture....is he peeing on him?? XD

Edited by Kenny Kyle

never really thought about firefighter clothes before, but it looks really good, maybe also some doctor/medic clothing

• Like 1

What if every single time you respawned, You got a different set of clothing to work with? You know, for the hardcore role players.

Say they also added in a perk system that randomized upon death, like blood. You would respawn and say "oh look, i must have been a mechanic/police officer/dockworker/etc." They would then have perks directly tied to that character until it died.

Anyway, just a rambling thought. Reguardless, i would love to see more clothes diectly pulled from jobs and workforces, rather than just have the worlds largest hoodiefest.

• Like 2

i would like to see more civilian orientated clothes like priest outfit,(more churches need to be enterable) business suit ( wait for someone in a forest at night who is using a torch and role play slenderman)

I'd like riot gear to be ingame, but not spawn anywhere in the world except some select police stations, the planned prison [coming soon!], and on Riot Squad Zombies, which would be tougher-tier zombies who were riot police turned while trying to impose order, wearing bulletproof vests and visored helmets. Kill the zombie with a melee to preserve the gear and wear it yourself  B)  These zombies are resistant to bullets.

Nothing against roleplaying and more clothings... but this isnt "Chernarus Life" or something. Its the zomb-ocalypse and not even a good guy would run around in police clothings and act like a police man. If you want to roleplay a good guy then dont wear masks and just try to look friendly. But roleplaying something that doesent exist after everything turned into shit (there is no more police in the apocalypse) sounds a little stupid.

stap vest or black kevlar

black tactical shirt

black cargo pants

black boots

sun glasses

black cap/ barret

=special ops

He said we can dress like Spec Ops already, dumbass...learn to read

Nothing against roleplaying and more clothings... but this isnt "Chernarus Life" or something. Its the zomb-ocalypse and not even a good guy would run around in police clothings and act like a police man. If you want to roleplay a good guy then dont wear masks and just try to look friendly. But roleplaying something that doesent exist after everything turned into shit (there is no more police in the apocalypse) sounds a little stupid.

I recall Dean said he want an MMO with some roleplay in it. plus, maybe a police jacket is the only thing you could scavange from a dead town...wouldn't you wear it? (specially when diseases are ON)

What if every single time you respawned, You got a different set of clothing to work with? You know, for the hardcore role players.

Say they also added in a perk system that randomized upon death, like blood. You would respawn and say "oh look, i must have been a mechanic/police officer/dockworker/etc." They would then have perks directly tied to that character until it died.

Anyway, just a rambling thought. Reguardless, i would love to see more clothes diectly pulled from jobs and workforces, rather than just have the worlds largest hoodiefest.

Sounds good, write a suggestion topic about it :D really, this could be implemented on HxC servers. Right now is a FPP only, giving you a background story makes sense

• Like 1

I recall Dean said he want an MMO with some roleplay in it. plus, maybe a police jacket is the only thing you could scavange from a dead town...wouldn't you wear it? (specially when diseases are ON)

But by roleplay he ment apocalypse-like roleplay and not acting like forces that only existed before the apocalypse. And a police jacket would be pretty cool.. I just dont want to see 2 police men walking in Chernarus asking for my gun licence.

But by roleplay he ment apocalypse-like roleplay and not acting like forces that only existed before the apocalypse. And a police jacket would be pretty cool.. I just dont want to see 2 police men walking in Chernarus asking for my gun licence.

I'd dress like a Firefighter or doctor and group with some strangers...that would be cool. Most of the BEST DayZ expiriences come from playing with complete strangers

I think this seems to be an important and very unique discussion because many people don't give that much concern to cops outfits.From my point of view leather outfits like leather jackets,shoes are what suits to the personility and work of a cop.There are many shop online that provide these types fo costumes.

If we are talking about clothing your character starts with i would like this :)

malkovich-in-burn-after-reading.jpg

Different, non-tactical vests would be good.  Waistcoats and the like, seems there would be a lot more of those around than tac-vests.  Give 'em 2-4 item slots and call it a day.
A belt slot type of storage would also be nice.  Fanny packs, belt pouches, holsters, etc. As well as the ability to put a sawed off in the chest holster like a BAMF.

I'm a playing motorbike leather suit with zipper it's very comfortable and pretty good work. And i'd like leather suit and jackets because it's very comfortable specialy for injury. I have no problem. 

From Chris Torchia out of the last Devblog (at the bottom)

For character art our talented artists have created a couple new player heads for more unique looking characters which we’ll add in soon.  As well, we’ve made a Soviet-style officer hat and the tracksuit!  Next up, we’ll look at police, EMT, and firefighters.

if you were washed up on the coast of a country filled with murderers and zombies, why would you care about trying to dress up like a cop or fireman or whatever else. surely just playing to stay alive is enough "roleplay"

i dont get this topic

Edited by qww