Sign in to follow this  
ValorJTG

Parkour in DayZ

I just had a thought, what if parkour was added in the DayZ standalone later on in the development, I think if would be really, really cool, but really hard to put into the game.

What's your thoughts?

everyone isnt 500 lbs of tank muscles and spring pads for legs, just average people

People have a hard enough time climbing ladders as is. :P

As far as the future...I'll pass. It would look silly, and also be rather difficult especially if you're carrying a backpack full of canned food, and a rifle, and an axe, and so on. Not to mention the engine probably wouldn't allow for much.

It's a fair thought, but I'm not into it.

• Like 1

As far as the future...I'll pass. It would look silly, and also be rather difficult especially if you're carrying a backpack full of canned food, and a rifle, and an axe, and so on. Not to mention the engine probably wouldn't allow for much.

The characters in the engine walk around like they had sticks up their asses, BIS has their share or problems with the engine for years and haven't solved them yet.

High cost - low gain situation and on top of that I don't think it holds a place in DayZ. Maybe being able to climb small sheds and up trees, but don't get your hopes up for an Assassin's Creed type of movement.

• Like 1

this would be impossible without a complete new engine...

and it dont think this in needed or fits into dayz... tho i would like to see option to climb house or walls in the future (if its to high with the aid of a friend) but more is not possible i guess.

if you want parkour and Zombies get Dying Light when its released.

Edited by Sonic-NKT

It would be cool yes but

It wouldn't fit in a half starved post apocalyptic enviornment.

To do parkour you need to be pretty healthy and well fed and then expend alot of calories.

Besides which the collision detection in the game still sucks atm and I could see alot of falling through walls and broken legs

I guess you guys are right, it would be really hard to do, but what about like climbing low overhangs.  Like, if your at the big shipwreck you can pull yourself up onto shipping containers and lower stuff like that?

Aside from the fact that it would be almost impossible to implement - have you ever tried parkour fully laden with a rifle and hiking backpack full of tinned food and ammo?

• Like 2

Ya parkour a bit too much although I'm a fan in real life ... But I DO agree that there should be climbing mechanics , that way if you're a stranded fresh spawn you can avoid zombies by climbing trees and buildings (if they scare you that much).

• Like 1

yeah thats good idea nut like you said it is really hard to put into game. but like climbing over the walls like in gta would be good cuz its pretty annoying sometimes in games you cant climb over some walls and then you need surround it. 

Aside from the fact that it would be almost impossible to implement - have you ever tried parkour fully laden with a rifle and hiking backpack full of tinned food and ammo?

Seems to be easy...they do that in BF1-4, CoD and whatever shooter all day long...they can also quickscope and run faster with knives equipped.

Parkour would be great if I didn't care about breaking my legs. Maybe if I bring some morphine along though...