Sign in to follow this  
equeone

Trading Area - To reduce shoot on sight mentality

Hey guys.. 

First of all let me say thanks for a great game and for letting us be a part of the development.

So i bought dayz about 1½ month ago and i really enjoy it, The thing is i mostly play the game alone 

because most of my friends stopped playing again after getting endgame gear. So here i am alone 

and really wana interact with other players, but when i finally find someone and approch them, They will most

likely gun me down or try to knock me out and steal my gear. Which makes pretty much everyone shoot on sight.

I think that adding some kinda safezone/no gun zone would help change the shoot on sight issue. Because here 

players could exchange infomation, trade gear, accept bounties on bandits etc. 

The Safezone should be like a small camp with fences to prevent zombies, and mutiple exits to prevent players camping exit.

It should be a no gun zone, so have the players put all their weapons into private lockers/boxes before entering.

I think it would work great with a tradepost/safezone where players can trade all kinda gear with other players,

or just sit around the campfire telling zombie stories.. 

Let me know what u guys think..

Edited by Cellar

they wont even read all your post when they see that you mentioned npcs. Apparently this is a taboo here on this forum.

Okay thanks for the heads up, seems really stupid tho.. And Gl implementing the entire endgame without..

Edited by Cellar

Hey look.. this thread again.

And that's why people won't read your whole post. I'm just going to propose one thing, the Mosin equipped with a LRS (particularly after bug fix) should be effective to 800 metres it can be shot up to 1000.

To give you an idea, that is shooting from the northern end of the airfield to the 3rd hanger. from the atc to the north end is ~800 if you made the safe zone the size of central electro then you'd have 450x450 square/circle meaning that 2 snipers armed with mosin's would be able to lock the area down and the people inside would be unable to shoot back or leave as once they did they'd be dead, anyone coming in would be shot but at least they could retreat and maybe engage the snipers, a squad of 6 would be able to effectively lock down the entire area with no-one in or out.

• Like 1

Yea no safe zones or npcs please. if you do want npcs , go play origins (from dayz mod ) it has npcs, ai helicopters doing sweeps, aliens and all sorts a bullshit haha .

Dayz standalone is trying to be a realistic hardcore game in which the community truly decides the fate of the world , and when dayz has all the real features it needs (barricading , hunting , cooking/fires, zombie hordes ) then the KOS will balance out (a little) trust me .

cuz although most of this was in the mod it will be more dynamic in the standalone considering the immersion , hopefully entertaining people enough to keep their minds off of constant pvp (as it seemed like in dayz mod there was stuff to do but it wasn't very exciting like it should have been ) .

First of all, rocket does not want NPCs or any other non animal or non zombie AI.  Neither does he want artificial safe zones.  He wants things to be player driven.  Even if he did want both this would not reduce KOS, as mentioned above one or two snipers can effectively shut down the 'trading post'.  Arma AI are 'dumb' and at the same time godlike.  They walk in wide zigzag patterns or just stand around, they can see through walls yet at the same time won't move for cover, and they shoot dead on.

The '-to reduce KOS' suggestions are a bit played out at this point.  The only way KOS is gonna get reduced by any good amount is when the next big FPS game comes along or they get bored of DayZ.  The other way is when they add in things to do other than gear up and kill/kidnap/torture people.

Some kind of trade system other than 'you drop your thing and I'll drop mine and we switch spots and hopefully the shit won't be bugged' would be nice.  A mousewheel option 'Give/trade to' on items.  Hold a can of beans/whatever and hover over a person, the option would be 'hand to' or 'trade with' player, and you'd get a message saying 'X is trying to give you Can of Beans' or 'X wants to trade you Can of Beans' the other player equipts the item they want to trade and do the same thing, in teh case of trade it would be 'Y wants to trade Can Opener for your Can of Beans." and you would have to accept/deny the trade.

Yes, adding other things to do in the game would help aswell, at this point people gear up and there is nothing to do, besides killing other players.. But i still think it could be done and would work great as a endgame feature the tradezone.. 

No safe zones. No NPC's. The devs have already stated this will never be implemented. 

The only safe zones that will ever exist in DayZ are the ones players create themselves, and those will be far better and more exciting than any forced, arbitrary things the devs could put into the game.

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 1

Safezones will come only with player made mods. In vanilla DayZ will be no safezones, never ever. And if you want player interaction you should aproach more players. When I play DayZ I rarly get killed when aproaching someone. When I get killed by players I get sniped by some guy I never saw. People like to say that everyone in DayZ just KoS and is hostile but thats not true for sure.

Edited by Symon

Some kind of trade system other than 'you drop your thing and I'll drop mine and we switch spots and hopefully the shit won't be bugged' would be nice.  A mousewheel option 'Give/trade to' on items.  Hold a can of beans/whatever and hover over a person, the option would be 'hand to' or 'trade with' player, and you'd get a message saying 'X is trying to give you Can of Beans' or 'X wants to trade you Can of Beans' the other player equipts the item they want to trade and do the same thing, in teh case of trade it would be 'Y wants to trade Can Opener for your Can of Beans." and you would have to accept/deny the trade.

Now thats something I could see as interesting dropping items can be a little rough with the times is takes to appear.

Yea no safe zones or npcs please. if you do want npcs , go play origins (from dayz mod ) it has npcs, ai helicopters doing sweeps, aliens and all sorts a bullshit haha .

Dayz standalone is trying to be a realistic hardcore game in which the community truly decides the fate of the world , and when dayz has all the real features it needs (barricading , hunting , cooking/fires, zombie hordes ) then the KOS will balance out (a little) trust me .

cuz although most of this was in the mod it will be more dynamic in the standalone considering the immersion , hopefully entertaining people enough to keep their minds off of constant pvp (as it seemed like in dayz mod there was stuff to do but it wasn't very exciting like it should have been ) .

Realistic hardcore with zombies, 3rd person and mosins that shoot with pinpoint accuracy up to 1 kilometers. Seems legit.

First of all, rocket does not want NPCs or any other non animal or non zombie AI.  Neither does he want artificial safe zones.  He wants things to be player driven.  Even if he did want both this would not reduce KOS, as mentioned above one or two snipers can effectively shut down the 'trading post'.  Arma AI are 'dumb' and at the same time godlike.  They walk in wide zigzag patterns or just stand around, they can see through walls yet at the same time won't move for cover, and they shoot dead on.

The '-to reduce KOS' suggestions are a bit played out at this point.  The only way KOS is gonna get reduced by any good amount is when the next big FPS game comes along or they get bored of DayZ.  The other way is when they add in things to do other than gear up and kill/kidnap/torture people.

you're just repeating whatever everyone says about it. Rocket will be leaving the dev team in this year, he wont be there when the game reaches beta (if it does reach beta).

People need to open their minds to other ideas, as this superficial zombie survival scenario is getting old and boring, the mod's been there for 2 years.

Well, i dont think the dev team really cares for the community, as they already got their payment, but if they want to maintain a decent population playing this game, they need to try something new. The only 2 sucessful mods from dayz mod are the ones that have npcs in them, think about it.

And dont even get me startled with realism, immersion or anything like that. there's much more horrendous things in the game that ruin it.

Edited by lipemr

I got to "Hey guys.." and got bored.  

How do you call it a safezone when you I can camp you outside the safezone?? (get you on your way out)

Edited by UnarmedCiv

Realistic hardcore with zombies, 3rd person and mosins that shoot with pinpoint accuracy up to 1 kilometers. Seems legit.

you're just repeating whatever everyone says about it. Rocket will be leaving the dev team in this year, he wont be there when the game reaches beta (if it does reach beta).

People need to open their minds to other ideas, as this superficial zombie survival scenario is getting old and boring, the mod's been there for 2 years.

Well, i dont think the dev team really cares for the community, as they already got their payment, but if they want to maintain a decent population playing this game, they need to try something new. The only 2 sucessful mods from dayz mod are the ones that have npcs in them, think about it.

And dont even get me startled with realism, immersion or anything like that. there's much more horrendous things in the game that ruin it.

Blablabla, all the "mods" for DayZ were just shit. They destroyed all points that made DayZ to what it is. I dont want "something new" I want DayZ. Thats why I bought the game. To play DayZ. Not Epoch or Origins. Why dont you play WarZ if you want safezones so badly. Guess they will add some NPCs too somewhen. But DayZ will stay DayZ even if Dean leaves the team - they wont throw in all the stuff that doesent fit into DayZ.

• Like 1

I see this suggestion quite a bit. My question is, why aren't those making this suggestion and those supporting it, swapping steam names and going in and creating safe trade zones? I see a lot of people complaining that there is no cooperation or goals for cooperation, but there is one right here. Instead of taking the opportunity, people are looking for a code/server solve.

• Like 1

here's my answer

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

This would do nothing to stop KOS, it would just invite more. I dont' know if you ever played WarZ but thats what the entire game is.

People pinned at the edge of the safezone with 1 million snipers shooting them as they leave.

I think like everything in this game, Trade posts and safe zones should be organic and community created.

Once base building starts, someone will create a safe zone with their clan

• Like 1

I've seen geared players lock down a town and declare it a safe zone any one with a gun out get's shot.

There will never be safe zones or NPCs in DayZ. The essence of the game is that it's a 100% player driven experience. If you want to set up a trading area then set one up with your friends and have people guard it.

• Like 2

Trading Area? I would love to have some kinds of outpost like in Dead Frontier, but let's be honest...that's where all the KoSers and bandits are going to be camping with high power sniper rifles to kill/rob us

While I really don't like the KoS-mentality I'm totally against safezones of any kind, because

a ) players will find a way to abuse them (for example: stand right in front of safezone, shoot people, step into safezone when they're about to shoot back)

b ) the area would be packed with bandits what would make it impossible for people to enter/ leave the area

I've played AION back then what was announced as super hard real pvp-MMORPG (2 rival factions) with no safezones and such, people kept complaining it would be too hard, safezones did get implemented, people were still complaining, more safezones got implemented and so on...in the end, there was no open world pvp anymore AT ALL as almost everything was safezone and the few areas people could pvp in were empty because once you've entered that area you got zerged and slaughtered by sometimes groups of 50 people at once camping there just waiting for a poor soul to arrive.

As said: as much as I dislike the KoS-mentality (what most likely will change once more content will get implemented) I really hope there won't ever be any safezones and NPCs at all in this game.

Trading and cooperation between players should get encouraged though, I think this will happen automatically once more content will get implemented and people will notice that cooperation will be more beneficial than KoS'ing 24/7.

/edit: typos

Edited by daisho
  • Like 1

Bad idea, what happen if like 20 players gathering at the center.

And meanwhile 2 bandits carry grenade launchers, commencing artillery barrage on trading center. Well 2 birds 1 stone, more loot! Yipee ka yeah KFC!

hope this never happens - "safe zones" will be created by player clans if they choose to . Maybe we will see that in the future some city will become relatevely safe and common for just communicating trading etc with strangers 

If you want a safe zone. You create and enforce it.

Simple as that... (already been said plenty of times here.)