Sign in to follow this  
BEWARE-OF-ME

Weapon Sounds -- And a few other things

Well, ever since I heard the sound of the M4A1 I didn't like the way the weapon sounded. Don't get me wrong, it isn't terrible, though if this game is aiming for realism, sounds play a big part in my opinion.

Same with the mosen, the sound before you changed it actually sounded closer to the actual weapon itself, watch this clip of a Mosin Nagat 91/30 if you don't believe me:

The M4 could really do with a change, though i guess it's not essential.

This has already been posted, though the weapon damage is far too unrealistic. Falling from a set of stairs 4 meters high will not kill you, and it won't absolutely demolish your loot. How many people have you seen with ruined pants after falling? (unless they ripped them against something)

One other thing that could be addressed is ladders. They're incredibly buggy at this moment. Last night, I saw a bandit and went down stairs to flank him, but no, the animation decided to throw me from the fire station, leading to the destruction of my items, though my effort. I understand it's alpha, but it's the pain in the ass when you've just earned loot after hard work and to see it gone by a bug, annoys me.

That was actually a bug there, but whatever *_*.

More creativity with your weapons should be implicated, for example, more colours of spraypaint, such as red, purple, blue et cetera. Maybe even the creation of a homemade weapon? Sounds cool to me!

It'd be cool to see some of these be looked at by rocket or someone, because to me these are all high priority excempt the weapon creativity.

Welcome to the forums

Remember the game is still in very early alpha development, and so everything you have seen is subject to change. In future, please use the search function at the top right of the page: you'll find all the suggestions here have already been made, and most have been discussed as recently as within the past few days.

Hahaha "Welcome" perfect. Yeah not going to delve into any of these, most are their own separate topics and discussed 100 fold there, do some reading and use the search function. +thanks! 

Same with the mosen, the sound before you changed it actually sounded closer to the actual weapon itself, watch this clip of a Mosin Nagat 91/30 if you don't believe me:

That clip doesn't sound very authentic though. Most cameras don't do a good job capturing gunshots. He is wearing those earmuffs for a reason.

Off the first page of results, this clip is somewhat more like it.

• Like 2

I think the team needs to take a look at the work done in the JSRS mods for arma 2 and arma 3

Gunshots should be LOUD. It shouldnt sound like an airgun from 50 meters away. When you're in the next city over you should be able to hear the popping in the distance. When you're in buildings, gunfire should be damn near deafening.

Here you have some good idea how the gun sounds. The sounds differ alot between weapons but yes, gunshots are loud, very loud. Most of the video you see where guns are being fired aren't usually good because the guns are too loud for the camera to record.

This one might give a little indication on how it can sound. Please watch from 4:40

Or why not this RAW video from the war in Syria (1 hour long). Appart from their hilarious screaming, you can hear alot of different guns fired. At 22:10 of the video you can hear the .50 cal. Sounds like a grenade that is being fired :)

My opinion of this is quite neutral. It would be cool, but definately not needed, because this is not a war game. Slightly improve distant sounds maybe and that they are perfectly synced to all the clients. Sometimes I can hear a gun being shot but my friend not.

Edited by Danlow