irishroy

Sawn off Winchester 1895 // Mare's Leg-like

would love that, but wouldnt be able to find it in me to saw up a Winchester, they should bring in a nice smith and western though, along with the leg/hip holster, a poncho would be nice aswell :P

14554406_1.jpg?v=8CF99F84CB579B0

Edited by Jayz1331

a long barreled revolver like

Smith and Wesson Model 460? link #1, link #2

460 xvr
In german, I'd say: "Einfach nur Der Gerät"
Probably not very useful in an apocalypse, but dat l(°o°)k

Dreamin', dreamin', but way to western, I gotta admit sadly
I think, the

looks really fine,too. Also you can suppress it quite effectively.

Like a lot of things on the forums, this has already been suggested.  This one, at least twice by me.  This is a post I made in two separate threads a little while back...

I would KILL to have a Mare's Leg in the game.  My little .45LC there can hold seven rounds (6+1) and I load it with hollow points.  This is my home defense weapon since my rifle would likely kill the intruder AND my neighbor...

I lied, there is already a topci on holsters, but I don't feel it has what I think it really needs.

So, holsters...

PICTURE HEAVY!!

We have one and it works really well.  The problem is it doesn't really do anything other than hold a pistol.  Holsters should give a boost (i.e. faster draw speed) and therefore make it a decision on wether you want an 8-slot vest or a nimble back-up/CQB gun.  I also feel that there should be a different variant of the chest holster (under arm) with the ability to hold at least one clip for the FNX45/future clip-fed pistols.

And now you are asking "What tangent are you working off of now?"  Here it is:

There are holsters that clip to belts (the same 2" belt showin in OP) and strap around your thigh.  They can be fixed or modular in design so that you have the possibility of having a bit of extra modularity on your thigh that you could throw a FAK or some extra magazines on.  Such a holster is frequently used in the military because it could attach to a normal belt as well and puts the pistol not only in easy reach, but also well below the soldier's body armor and out of the way.  I mentioned fixed and those could come in two variants:  a thigh variant like the thigh MOLLE panel mentioned earlier, or a simple on-belt design like civilian and law enforcement.

The holster I would most like to see is a "bucket" holster.  This type of holster is traditionally leather and functions similarly to the chest holster in that the weapon slides in and is not necessarily clipped in.  I actually own a bucket holster.  You can see it here sitting nicely between my jury-rigged knife and my multitool (both of which I always wear on me in uniform).

WIN_20140220_203151_zps79cc3090.jpg

I love it, it's a true work of art and serves its use to the best I could ever wish.  What do you use it for, you ask?  Well, it holds an amazing little pistol.

WIN_20140220_203257_zps06881f3d.jpg

(Please note that I do NOT have a bubble butt... the leather strap that ties it to your leg was bunching up the back of my pants and I didn't notice until after I posted...)

And in its full beauty...

WIN_20140220_203328_zpsbacaa948.jpg

That is a Rossi Ranch Hand, chambered in .45LC.  It is in a family of firearms called the "Mare's Leg."  Legally, it's a pistol.  I wouldn't try it as a concealed carry weapon, though...  Why would we have one of these, you ask?  In The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone there is one Winchester 1895 Lever Action Rifle.  The original Mare's Legs were cut-down variations of similar lever-action rifles (tube-fed, rather than box).  This would be a recipe gun that would require a hacksaw... much like a certain sawn-off shotgun currently in the game that *gasp* could use the same holster!  While it is a niche request, I feel that it would be a valid addition to the sand box that would allow for a lot more expression, easier inventory management (much like the OP mentioned, for later on in the build when there are a lot more items that you may/may not need to carry around).

picture004_zps94bca6d2.jpg

It really is a simple addition to the game that would require the use of a belt (unless you wanted to add a western-style ammo belt incorporated into the holster... PLEASE!!!

While you may say that this is far-fetched, keep in mind that there is a civilian population that once lived where we are located in the world of DayZ.  By that right, anything is possible.  That may be a cop out, but anything with enough thought becomes plausible.  Besides, a lot of people have an interest in "cowboy guns."  Mossberg certainly knew that when they made this beautiful .30-.30 with a cool little back scabbard...

picture002_zps857d5ca3.jpg

Edited by Haven923

ha, sorry.

i knew, some-1 already brought this up, but I didn't remember who, and in which form.

I dare to say, I took you idea, and developed it  and modified it further, so it could fit in the game :>

bump

This type of short cavlery carbines is very fashionable and often used as a selfdefence weapon in the car:)

Schofield is great i shoting from him, in last week :P Great precise weapon ( .45 long colt ammo)

Hmm i see solution for all of us :)

54123301341307534169.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_Repeating_Arms

This weapon based on Henry Rifle, and use special short ammo. :)

btw. in DayZ Origins mod i se this ;)  

26971682049420924584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garberro

btw. in DayZ Origins mod i se this ;)

26971682049420924584_thumb.jpg

Yes, but the yellowboy is far too american or chernarus/DayZ, i think.

also, cutting down the W1895 will not reduce the mag-capacity, while it it would reduce the 1866's capacity ;)

and since you like revolvers, etc., this will maybe make you happy

j6imoeip6fc.jpgsxv43ni1xuhx.jpg

tumblr_mtyhoizyFN1rvgzkpo1_500.giftumblr_mtyhoizyFN1rvgzkpo1_500.giftumblr_mtyhoizyFN1rvgzkpo1_500.giftumblr_mtyhoizyFN1rvgzkpo1_500.gif

(maybe not very effective, but  dat look.. dat look...

Edited by irishroy

I watch this bipod s*it one, and never want se in future wtf :P   I prefer rifles xd 

Yes i see this problem:)    Its god to mod's but not to vanilla game.  In game should be guns from old Warsaw Pact, and old soviet republics.

But we most remeber who buy old machines from weapon factories, from US al form and prospects buy Lenin... then Russia have oryginal copy of the Colt Navy and others guns from past century.

Edited by Garberro

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGvKDwx3lNnFmnyMbSjK_42upZFoBGhRrtOLNmax7KruQQz9kG

Can we add this to this list? this sweet little gun i listed is a Remington 12A .22 pump action. I one one in real life, and dang man this thing drives tacks at 100 yards. If you use .22 shorts in it the think barely makes a sound. Its a sweet rifle and would be great for plinking wildlife silently.

Viva la Winchester 1895!

Bump :D

Edited by DURRHUNTER

I agree!  :)   F...k logic, i want see him in game. 

• Like 1

OP, why not post up these ideas on the DayZ reddit? That's where we primarily see the devs be active about at least so you'd have a better chance there, no?