tarascon

Bounty on Brad

The concept is nothing new, really. Clans and/or networks of clans would post on boards or in teamspeak to put out hits on others in the mod and other mods (origins and epoch). 

I remember going to another clan's TS to have them help our clan attack bases, take out a specific targets that were terrorizing a town, etc. Takes about 5-10 minutes to assemble an army and wipe others out. We typically only did this with some sort of morality involved, as you mentioned a "serial killer bandit". Usually we went after assholes.

I think the only time it didn't work was once out of the dozen or so "strikes" we called for. And even then, the battle lasted about 45 minutes and shit was blowing up all over the place haha.

He's playing the game and making a dialogue about it without chastising, insulting, or berating others. His play style is HIS businesses and you have no right to judge or ridicule it.

Well, that was good for a lol. Anyone who decides to stream their gameplay is open for criticism, whether you like it or not. Don't stream/upload if you can't handle the repercussions. Not trying to be mean here, but it's common sense that an uploaded video will be watched and thus judged.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 1

Bounty hunting is a good and necessary part of DayZ.  

First of all, your thread title insinuates a bounty. You are making a statement, not an inquiry. Second of all, I'm calling out your douche bag behavior to such an asinine post. You come here and essentially trash talk the guy and belittle his playstyle and go as far as asking....insinuating, excuse me, he get hijacked and tortured. Thats not cool at all. It's fucking childish.

I'm not against bounties at all. I encourage them. But c'mon man, have a little sense. Bounties should be placed on, oh idk....bandits, KOS' ers, and server hoppers. Not some guy streaming his game experience for the benefit of others.

• Like 1

I'm new here and I don't intend to spam you good folks with a bunch of new topics but I did want to add this.

If any of you know who theradbrad is, you might find this interesting and hilarious.

He's been uploading his DayZ SA experience and I think he hasn't got a clue about the game because he's got two bodyguards who're babysitting him. I like him but, from the get-go, he's been coddled and is not really getting the point of the game. That said, a bunch of folks are out to get him. I found out yesterday that someone's opened a Bitcoin account offering a bounty to whomever can find him and capture/torture/kill his avatar. He found out that he can change his name (which he did) but he's such a spazz that, in the last upload, he tapped "P" and showed the online name list of the three players on (they were in a server with 3/40). Then he comments on his buddy's in-game names. I paused the clip and could see what he calls himself now. Dumb.

Like I said, I like the guy and watch his other walkthroughs, but he should be KOS. If only so he can find out how hard surviving can & should be.

My question: Should theradbrad be assassinated?

I also watch Brad since the mod, but I got tired really fast. He plays extremely cautious and boring...now in the DayZ game he was packing his axe in the backpack xD not his back and he had a ton of books and useless shit...he just does not know how to play, but killing him? I think we have better things to do...he'll die eventually

• Like 2

First of all, your thread title insinuates a bounty. You are making a statement, not an inquiry. Second of all, I'm calling out your douche bag behavior to such an asinine post. You come here and essentially trash talk the guy and belittle his playstyle and go as far as asking....insinuating, excuse me, he get hijacked and tortured. Thats not cool at all. It's fucking childish.

I'm not against bounties at all. I encourage them. But c'mon man, have a little sense. Bounties should be placed on, oh idk....bandits, KOS' ers, and server hoppers. Not some guy streaming his game experience for the benefit of others.

Where did he say a bounty should be put out on this guy?

You need to relax. You've trapped yourself in an anger rant for no reason what-so-ever.

OK. I can see that... I should have added a question mark to the thread title. That's a question of semantics. But that's not exactly the same thing as saying "Kill This Guy".

I am in total agreement with your last point about bandits, etc.

But, again, I am not saying do this or do that to poor Brad. Certainly not torture him--I personally am against that in any MMO. I rather like the KOS thing 'cuz, until the zombies become a real threat, that adds real tension to the play. To repeat, I think of my OP as reportage of something which someone else has said. I own that I wouldn't mind seeing him killed if only so he can get a sense of how pampered he's been. That's my opinion. Period.

And I closed my OP by posing a question to the fora about that.

He's a really cool guy from what I've seen in the video. Let the man live!

• Like 1

He's a really cool guy from what I've seen in the video. Let the man live!

OK. Thanks for your input. :) I've been thinking about modifying my opinion about seeing him get killed since I began this thread. That's why I asked for feedback on whether he should or shouldn't be tracked and wiped out. Brad is a nice guy... I just think that when his "bodyguards" eventually leave him, he'll be as helpless as a kitten. A harsh measure of apocalyptic reality at the beginning of his DayZ time (like we all have had) may save him grief later.

I still think the idea of some sort of in-game bounty is a novel idea. The bizarre thing about "the question of Brad" is that somewhere someone is willing to actually pay X amount of RL cash to see this happen. It's a trip.

I still think the idea of some sort of in-game bounty is a novel idea. 

1 year later...

"Hey man, so my son won't stop playing this stupid game. He doesn't hang out anymore, nor does he study. He never leaves his room. Can you please kill his character for me? I'll pay you $250. Regards, Chris, 33"

Only on dayzsanctions.com

Yeah that would be a nice idea for a website, heheh

I'd like if it became true some day

Edited by xBlurHitz
  • Like 1

1 year later...

"Hey man, so my son won't stop playing this stupid game. He doesn't hang out anymore, nor does he study. He never leaves his room. Can you please kill his character for me? I'll pay you $250. Regards, Chris, 33"

That's funny.

He's a really cool guy and all that, but every time he plays DayZ I just cringe. He just leaves a CAN OPENER, FNX MAG, LONG RANGE SCOPE! When most people waste their entire DayZ lifetime searching for one of these things, he just leaves it there like its nothing! Oh my axe takes too much space! Well maybe put it on your back?! Oh but I don't want to drop this book! Fucking drop that goddamn book Brad or imma smack you.

I also do agree with some people that he still hasn't experienced the true DayZ experience. He hasn't reached the deadly open areas of the NWAF airfield or the skyscrapers of Chernogorsk and it's surrounding "suburbs" (it's what I call Dubky and Chapeavesk). He just stays in the NE coast. He also needs to die (as cold as it may sound it is true) well because it's part of the DayZ experience. To lose all the gear that you worked so hard on. To grief about it, maybe even cry about it (I actually cried when I lost my first 3 week old character in SA). It's all part of the DayZ experience. So Brad get the fuck out of those fucking empty ass servers and start playing like a fucking man! Love you <3

• Like 3

He's a really cool guy and all that, but every time he plays DayZ I just cringe. He just leaves a CAN OPENER, FNX MAG, LONG RANGE SCOPE! When most people waste their entire DayZ lifetime searching for one of these things, he just leaves it there like its nothing! Oh my axe takes too much space! Well maybe put it on your back?! Oh but I don't want to drop this book! Fucking drop that goddamn book Brad or imma smack you.

I know, right? When his "bodyguards" are trying to teach him about The Force he talks over them and will ask something like So what sort of music do you like? *eyeroll* Or when they're volunteering to guide him somewhere and he'll agree to follow behind them... and 10 seconds later he goes bolting off in some random direction forcing them to haul ass back to him so he doesn't get clocked.

He admitted that he's never played MMO's before and sometimes I gotta wonder if he thinks his pals are just AI characters.

But, yeah, ya gotta love the guy.

• Like 1

All 3 of them are changing their names each time they play...goooooooddd frickkkeennn luck.

If you were not blinded by your KOS thirst, you would have know that cause he mentioned that he and his buddies will change often and every time they play.

Edited by Silentine

I know he's just trying to make his walkthroughs interesting or fun and I think he's doing a good job, but seriously learn how to play the game first. It just boggles my mind that he has survived that long playing like that! All clueless and shit like that! Try to listen to your bodyguards they could actually teach you something!

And Tarascon there's no need to post a bounty like this. He's gonna die if he continues to play that way so yeah

All 3 of them are changing their names each time they play...goooooooddd frickkkeennn luck.

If you were not blinded by your KOS thirst, you would have know that cause he mentioned that he and his buddies will change often and every time they play.

Yes, I know, that's why I didn't feel like a bum for saying Brad kept tapping the "P" key. I knew when I posted this morning he'll have changed his name.

But, really? My "blinded by my KOS thirst"? You don't know me well enough to say that. Actually, I haven't killed a single person yet in-game. I play friendly first, leave second, and shoot last. I'm about surviving not killing.

And tarascon there's no need to post a bounty like this. He's gonna die if he continues to play that way so yeah

Fixed. I'm a small "T" tarascon. My dad's the capital T. lol

And, to repeat one more time, I did not post a bounty. The point of this thread is to hear what you folks think about someone else doing that. In a post above I admitted that one semantic gloss of this thread title could be interpreted as an injunction and I should have added a question mark to the title.

-------> This is not addressed to you alone, omambuscus. And I bear no one ill will but I have to wonder... Have most of the responders on this thread actually read a word I posted after my OP?

Edited by tarascon

I so want a bounty on my head.

Not because I could walz around like a bad ass, mouthing off and earning big bucks from streaming it live while people desperately try to take me out (and failing, of course!).

No I want a bounty on my head because I would hand myself in, collect those sweet sweet bitcoins and revel in the seethe it would generate from the anti-climax of it all.. :D

• Like 1

^ I love your EULA. You get beans for that.

He is a nub, butmaybe just in his videos? Maybe for the sake of not showing dayzs true KOSing and trolling colors, he can draw more people in. Maybe he hunts when hes off air, maybe he just sucks. But guys, its a vidoe about a man olaying a video game. Thats like hunting down the.makers of barbie because shes always got a man named ken around

I'm new here and I don't intend to spam you good folks with a bunch of new topics but I did want to add this.

If any of you know who theradbrad is, you might find this interesting and hilarious.

He's been uploading his DayZ SA experience and I think he hasn't got a clue about the game because he's got two bodyguards who're babysitting him. I like him but, from the get-go, he's been coddled and is not really getting the point of the game. That said, a bunch of folks are out to get him. I found out yesterday that someone's opened a Bitcoin account offering a bounty to whomever can find him and capture/torture/kill his avatar. He found out that he can change his name (which he did) but he's such a spazz that, in the last upload, he tapped "P" and showed the online name list of the three players on (they were in a server with 3/40). Then he comments on his buddy's in-game names. I paused the clip and could see what he calls himself now. Dumb.

Like I said, I like the guy and watch his other walkthroughs, but he should be KOS. If only so he can find out how hard surviving can & should be.

My question: Should theradbrad be assassinated?

While it would be funny to see Brad assassinated, I think anyone wanting to hunt Bounties should find the KOSers and hunt them instead. And with a forum section for Bounty Hunting, It'll make the game a whole lot cooler. That dude you killed earlier might come back around and post a bounty on you.

However, for any sort of basic Bounty system to work, there would need to be a way to limit name changes. My idea for that would be to keep one ne and one name only for a character. That way, in order to change it, you'd have to die.

Now I shall get into some more sadistic aspects of this bounty hunting. The person who puts out the hit can make special requests, like have the hunter video tape the victim being tortured while handcuffed so they can relish their suffering.

FYI, this is the longest post I've ever made here *confetti rains down from the ceiling along with the sound of noise makers*

I like his vids. Nice to see someone that is actually fresh and still learning.
At least he's slowly improving, even using 1st person to shoot now :)