SEC9 VANDEL

Is Rocket leaving Day Z ?

I hear it too, aledgedly he will leave the project at the end of 2014 :/ Not too happy about that tbh.

• Like 1

I think it went down like this

"Hey guys, Some stuff and things. Thanks for being righteous supporters, and spending a shit load on this game.

...but yeah I'm done with this at the end of this year, and the game won't even be finished lol"

That's the gist of what I heard. 

• Like 1

He is leaving when his contract finishes which is at the end of 2014.

People needs to understand that he doesn't own DayZ anymore, Bohemia Interactive does. So he have no control over working on it or not.

So he is not abandoning "his game" and people can't expect from him to stay there without a contract that is just absurd. 

Edited by r0b1n86
  • Like 1

I think it went down like this

"Hey guys, Some stuff and things. Thanks for being righteous supporters, and spending a shit load on this game.

...but yeah I'm done with this at the end of this year, and the game won't even be finished lol"

That's the gist of what I heard. 

You forgot that he added some about making an epic 'mountaineering multiplayer' game later with his studio.  Just because he's sick of Zombies...i guess

Edited by Highlander007

He actually left some time ago, the new rumour is that he's rejoined. Keep up people..

• Like 1

He is leaving when his contract finishes which is at the end of 2014.

People needs to understand that he doesn't own DayZ anymore, Bohemia Interactive does. So he have no control over working on it or not.

So he is not abandoning "his game" and people can't expect from him to stay there without a contract that is just absurd. 

...that's probably the reason why it says "Created by Dean Hall" at the bottom of the main-menu screen, dimwit.

• Like 1

Seriously there's a thread here that's bigger then my e-peen about it... or did that get locked/yarded when one too many words where said in insult?

Yeah too bad. it will be interesting to see the direction the game takes after he's gone.

It will be mostly finished at this point. I don't think it'll have too much of an impact - still I'd like Dean to stay though. Even if he's odd, he's got some bad ass ideas (I mean, just look at how far he has come with DayZ)

You forgot that he added some about making an epic 'mountaineering multiplayer' game later with his studio.  Just because he's sick of Zombies...i guess

So it's something like this?

DEAN: YEAH GUYS! We're gonna turn this mod into a REAL GAME!

COMMUNITY: awww HELL YEAH DEAN! WE GOT YOUR BACK! WE'LL SUPPORT YOU!

DEAN: But guys it's like 30$...idk if you wanna pay that for an alpha

COMMUNITY: No way, dude, we'll support your idea because we believe in what you're doing and we want to see you take this game in an awesome direction!

DEAN: AWESOME! Let's do this guys! I'm really excited and passionate about this project, so you don't have to worry about it being abandoned!

==Months later===

DEAN: Yeah guys I know I said this would be awesome and everything but...yeah I'm kind of tired of the whole "zombies" thing...I'm gonna ditch this crap and start a new project later. I'm going to abandon my brainchild and start a new one.

COMMUNITY

694.png

• Like 2

...that's probably the reason why it says "Created by Dean Hall" at the bottom of the main-menu screen, dimwit.

oh wow dude, you are one special person.

Here let me explain to you in a basic way that is used in kindergartens. 

A person create a game.

A company comes to him says i want to buy your game.

The person says "oh ok you can buy it, in one condition it will say that its created by me" SO it can be used as a publicity for himself in case he wants to start his own company or work somewhere else. 

The company agrees. 

here is a tip for you "dimwit" Created doesn't mean own the rights for it.

• Like 3

Not even close, Bohemia will be paying him royalties for all eternity, or until the game becomes unprofitable, whichever happens first. He has confirmed royalty payments in the past, which don't expire when you call quitsies because you hate Prague.

I'm sure people will disagree with me, but I really feel a bit shafted over the whole "Deancrest, out" ordeal

Edited by DeatHTaX

Yeah too bad. it will be interesting to see the direction the game takes after he's gone.

he wont be leaving until alpha is finished(game is feature complete) and he has stated that if he is needed after that he will stick around longer so i wouldnt worry about it too much.

The mod is still in alpha. Being developed by community members. The stand alone was created from the ideas of Dean Hall, his cooperation and that of his team. Financed by Bohemia, who in return gets it's own income with the sales they make. In the end he's the Project Lead for DayZ. Yes, he'll leave in a year or so, but that doesn't change the game itself. The community is shaping the game in a way that it's maybe going in a different direction than what he wanted.

In the end it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy the alpha, the development it's going through, the beta and full release to come, and having a good time during this period, DayZ would have achieve what it meant to do. Dean can do what he wants as long as he feels good about it and it takes him where he strives to go. I say thanks to him for the mod, and now the stand alone. Keep up the good work while you can. I'll do my best to help out during the testing phase, while having fun doing it.

Respect.

• Like 1

Not a rumor kids. This was confirmed days ago.

Days ago? MONTHS ago dude. He will leave at the end of 2014 when he's no longer critical do DayZ's development.

• Like 2

This isn't new news people.

Dean has said in the past that he will leave DayZ when he is no longer needed to pursue new projects.

He is not just abandoning DayZ, and I cant believe some of the stuff Ive been hearing people say about this.

He is still gonna be here for another 10 months or so.

Its barely been out for 3, and look at whats come out since then.

In another 10 this game will be almost done, core gameplay wise at least.

For the people that feel "ripped off"?

All I can do is "facepalm"

The game isn't even done, not even in Beta and you feel ripped off because the creator is going to leave to start a new project in 10 months or so?

He even said he's not going to leave if he is still needed, but he feels and I agree that by then he will have taut Bohemia everything they need to finish off the game and not change it in anyway that goes against his original vision.

Why does he need to stick around after that?

He doesn't need to hold Bohemia's hand.

They agree with him on the way the game should be.

So what do you people want? (not directed at you OP)

I don't get it? It's a little ridiculous and actually disgusts me to hear how people feel about this so called "news".

This is the most amazing thing to come to gaming ever IMO, and you can't appreciate the fact that we are testing a game for someone that respects us enough to actually let us play it in a state that no other developer would just so he can make a game that we all love and helped create, and all most of you do is bitch a moan about how the game isn't the way you want it, and how it's not getting done fast enough.

Do you know what it takes to create a game? Let alone go through and consider suggestions and ideas from the forums and Reddit while juggling patches and bug fixes to make the game as enjoyable as he can at the state it is?

No! Of course you don't. You haven't got a clue and you just click away that disclaimer every time you play and expect it to be perfect.

Then come here and bitch when you get shot from the jail cell without hearing anything.

I just can't believe some peoples mentalities about the state of this game and what the expect from Dean.

Not directed at OP. 

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 1

He will be around for a long time, dont even listen to the 10 months... He is here till no longer needed.. nobody should be worried at all.

This isn't new news people.

Dean has said in the past that he will leave DayZ when he is no longer needed to pursue new projects.

He is not just abandoning DayZ, and I cant believe some of the stuff Ive been hearing people say about this.

He is still gonna be here for another 10 months or so.

Its barely been out for 3, and look at whats come out since then.

In another 10 this game will be almost done, core gameplay wise at least.

For the people that feel "ripped off"?

All I can do is "facepalm"

The game isn't even done, not even in Beta and you feel ripped off because the creator is going to leave to start a new project in 10 months or so?

He even said he's not going to leave if he is still needed, but he feels and I agree that by then he will have taut Bohemia everything they need to finish off the game and not change it in anyway that goes against his original vision.

Why does he need to stick around after that?

He doesn't need to hold Bohemia's hand.

They agree with him on the way the game should be.

So what do you people want? (not directed at you OP)

I don't get it? It's a little ridiculous and actually disgusts me to hear how people feel about this so called "news".

This is the most amazing thing to come to gaming ever IMO, and you can't appreciate the fact that we are testing a game for someone that respects us enough to actually let us play it in a state that no other developer would just so he can make a game that we all love and helped create, and all most of you do is bitch a moan about how the game isn't the way you want it, and how it's not getting done fast enough.

Do you know what it takes to create a game? Let alone go through and consider suggestions and ideas from the forums and Reddit while juggling patches and bug fixes to make the game as enjoyable as he can at the state it is?

No! Of course you don't. You haven't got a clue and you just click away that disclaimer every time you play and expect it to be perfect.

Then come here and bitch when you get shot from the jail cell without hearing anything.

I just can't believe some peoples mentalities about the state of this game and what the expect from Dean.

Not directed at OP. 

I believe they don't watch Dean's devblogs and look at the developer's tweets. DayZ updates on Facebook are crawling with people yelling about bugs that have been noted by the developers ABOUT A MONTH AGO.

• Like 2