Zjasuu

Do you want firearms to be rarer?

Do you want firearms to be rarer?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want firearms to be rarer?

As the dev dudes fill up the loot tables with more shit, I expect the top tier shit to decrease it's spawn rates. Still top tier shit spawns will still be farmed to death.

Edited by Dallas

If you're including shotguns and such in that category, then I agree. Maybe the .22 rifles when they are in the game too.

Someone with an M4 (and good at using it) should be quite formidable, at least when the M4 works anything like it does in real life, as such I think they should be more rare. I say this as someone who tends to favour the M4 over any other weapon, I find so many of them just lying around it's a little beyond a joke.

Why would military weaponry be rare in a region with several military bases following a zombie apocalypse where said military has presumably fought it's last stand and been overrun? I would be expecting to find piles of the stuff, dropped by the dead and fleeing.

I thought when buying into 'DayZ standalone' I would be getting a standalone version of the mod, as in doesn't require ArmA installed to play it. Some stuff added, sure, but changing the core of the mod and what made it fun/popular - no.

Otherwise call it something else?

In my opinion The problem has little to do with the rarity of guns (or gun spawn locations) in the game...  Instead it has everything to do with rapid server restarts, and people jumping from low pop server to low pop server just to stock up on ridiculous amounts of gear with little to no risk...

The proper solution imo has everything to do with the inevitable re-spawn mechanics that we will see coming to this game sometime in the near future...  What I mean by this is that only certain items should be instantly spawned on a server reset, of which only a few guns (across the whole map) should be available at the start.  The majority would have delayed spawns, with some kind of randomization however still retaining a static "buffer period" before the probability of spawn would start.  Higher end gear should not only have a longer static buffer period (could be anywhere from 30 min to 3 hours), but also a lower probability (longer duration) of spawns.

I apologize for any typos but do people here realize that english isn't everyone's first language? I'd like to see you speak finnish.

Imagine if this was set in USA.

Guns everywhere. They would literally just be lying in the streets because no one wants them.

If it happened in the US leaving people wandering around mindlessly and making incoherent grunts who would notice?

ruQFEpV.gif

Only reasons it's too easy to find weapons is because servers restart so often that there is always fresh loot and players server hop until they find one.

What I would fix about weapons is stop them spawning in the schools, especially on Coast.

Edited by BossFi
  • Like 1

Not technically, no.

I want there to be more firearms and more different types of ammunitions and magazines, so that it'll be way harder to actually get a complete kit. Once this happens you'll see people running around with weapons that have rounds chambered, or just one magazine, and very little ammo, just because they can't find enough of the correct types of items for it.

As it stands we have three different rifles with many common attachments and 3 types of ammo. As a new spawn you can already start to sense what the game would be like if there were 20 different rifles instead.

Thing is what do people want DayZ to be. A military sim or a survivalist game. If it's the former you have lots of guns of differing types. If it's the latter you have hardly any and next to no ammo to go with it.

I keep on saying this, but it's true no matter where you base the premise, if a zombie apocalypse was to break out and you entered the land some weeks/months later such is the case with DayZ there simply wouldn't be any guns lying around other than the odd fucked up shotgun in a random farmers shed. There certainly wouldn't be rows of pristine M4's with full mags just lying on bunks of unlocked barracks. 

I appreciate the need for guns as without them it does reduce the scope (ha!) of the game, but for me and for realism we should all be killing everyone with shivs and 2 by 4's.

Guns should be un-common but ammo should be very hard to come by.

^There is enough gun and ammo in the USA to last twenty years into the apocalypse.

MURICA FUCK YEAHHHHH

Thats the thing ammo is plentiful especially the ammo currently in game.

The ammo currently in game atleast for rifles are cheapo mil surp 7.62x54r and mil surp 5.56.

The ammo is in high availability and its dirt cheap and easily found all over the world.

I mean it comes in a spam can of 440 rounds and a case has 2 of em with a little soviet can opener.

AP0042.jpg

Realistically in a scenerio like dayz ammo would be plentiful atleast for military caliber firearms.

9mm, 5.56 nato, 5.45x 39mm , 7.62 nato, 7.62x54r, 7.62x39 all would be extremely abundant.

.Just about every other caliber might be hard to come by however.

It doesn't matter. This is shooter, so everyone will be looking for guns. Those who look most, will have guns.

Those who don't work hard to find guns - will be killed.

Might as well add more guns, so when you respawn you can defend yourself.

I think ammo should be rare. Guns last longer than ammunition

That way you can bluff your way with a gun, or you can call someones bluff. Can make for some interesting gameplay

Edited by WooTs

I think ammo should be rare. Guns last longer than ammunition

That way you can bluff your way with a gun, or you can call someones bluff. Can make for some interesting gameplay

So you are saying we can make more guns than we can make ammo for them ?

There are stockpiles upon stockpiles of ammo for the weapons in the game.  There is little chance of ammo being scarce for these military caliber weapons.